How were you introduced to the series? :eyeroll:

Introduce yourself here, and greet new members!
Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Re: How were you introduced to the series? :eyeroll:

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 am

Haha, not sure how old you are, but I didn't get into the AF series until I was in college (so, probably like 21 or 22). It's like Harry Potter, I think, it may technically be aimed for younger readers, but people of all ages can enjoy it. (And I like books for younger readers from the standpoint that, while they can have all the powerful drama and emotional complexities of any book series, they don't have all the things that you see in adult books.)

Yeah, it's been slow. >> I still usually check this site every week or so to see if there's been any activity, but there hasn't been a whole lot. x3 (On the other hand, if there were some new posts on things, it could get things going again, at least a little. At the very least, I know I always have a lot of questions when I meet a new AF fan. ;9 [I always want to ask people things like, 'What's your favorite book of the series? How would you rate the books, in order of favorite to least favorite? Who's your favorite character? What are your favorite scenes? Have you ever read any fanfiction before? Who do you ship, or are you against the shipping? What did you think of the way it ended with The Last Guardian?' Etc, etc.] I think there's pretty much topics for all of those, and some kind of fun ideas to think about. :J
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Uhh... Foaly Jr.?

Postby Kron48 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Rocket Axxonu wrote:'What's your favorite book of the series? How would you rate the books, in order of favorite to least favorite? Who's your favorite character? What are your favorite scenes? Have you ever read any fanfiction before? Who do you ship, or are you against the shipping? What did you think of the way it ended with The Last Guardian?' Etc, etc.] I think there's pretty much topics for all of those, and some kind of fun ideas to think about. :J

That's tough, I'd probably have to say Lost Colony or Time Paradox.In order, I'd have to say TLC, TTP, TOD, TEC, TAC, AF(Original), TAC. I haven't even read The Last Guardian yet (although I ordered it on Amazon on the 24th :/) I haven't ever really been a party of any fandom/fan-fiction before, because my main interests are in science in mathematics, so although I read ridiculous amounts of books I never really get wrapped up in the series, except for with Tunnels, AF, Virals, and Neal Asher's 'Dark Intelligence'. I do have some experience them as my ex-girlfriend was an absolute Percy Jackson nut. I don't especially ship anyone in the series, although it would not be shocking if Artemis and Holly got bored once or twice and... Although I haven't read TLG, I assume that Artemis recovered all of his memories, but didn't ever get total recall, so they all ended up being from Holly's POV. Because of this he could clearly see how some of his actions (kidnapping her, blackmailing her, you know, the usual) were blatantly wrong. Because of this his memories reconstruct in a negative fashion so that he will thenceforth try to not do things like that, completing the transformation from the soulless kid we see in the first book to the caring guy (Orion lol) we see in TPP, TAC, (and I assume in) TLG. Maybe I shouldn't be replying in this thread though xD
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:02 am

Ah, so I guess you're a fan of the latter half of the series then? (I think I said this in another thread, but it seems like most often AF fans split off into two camps, some prefer the early books the most and may have even thought the series went somewhat downhill, while others like the later books the most and the way the series developed over time.) I probably don't need to say this, but I'm in the second camp, too. x3 (The Time Paradox is by far my favorite, and it's that book that really turned me from a casual fan into a hardcore fan. XD) Oh, whenever you get a chance to read it let me know, I'm interested to know your thoughts. :J (I might have said this, but there was kind of a mixed reaction to it. But then, I guess that's true of most finales of major series. x3 Oh, and what you said about Artemis recovering his memories—wait, are you going off what you've heard people say about TLG? Or is there something from TAC I'm forgetting? x3)

Haha, I always have to ask about fanart and fanfiction, since I'm a bit obsessed with looking at fanart/fanfiction myself, and doing my own. (I've always thought one of the most awesome parts of really getting into a series is when it inspires you to do your own projects.) Although to be honest, fanfiction can be a little hard to break into for the first time (a writing style is often like a fingerprint, completely unique to the writer, and so coming off the original series you feel that difference as compared to the original author's writing immediately, even if the fan writer has a good understanding of the characters and is keeping them relatively in character). But, there are definitely a few gems out there.

Oh, but if you're interested, there is this one fan comic a pair of artists did that I think is absolutely incredible, which covers about the first chapter of The Atlantis Complex. (You can find it here: http://iesnoth.deviantart.com/art/AF-Atlantis-Complex-00-166192315) I really couldn't believe fans could create something that good, I'm still obsessing over it years after the fact. xD (Both of the artists also have quite a bit of other AF fanwork too, which you can find in folders in their galleries labeled 'Artemis Fowl.')

Again, though, when you do get a hold of TLG, tell me. ;9 (Love it, hate it, I think it still makes for interesting discussion.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Return to “The Entrance Hall”