How were you introduced to the series? :eyeroll:

Introduce yourself here, and greet new members!
elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Re: How were you introduced to the series? :eyeroll:

Postby elf_with_attitude » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:46 pm

what about koboi, she's supposed to have black hair, :( :wha: :blink: :angry: :sneaky: :scared: :crying2: :cursing:
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm

artytwin wrote:i noticed that artemis and butler and root look NOTHING like how they do in my imagination! nooo! :(
forget you imagination- many of them don't even fit their description!
what about Holly, who should have very short hair, or Butler being bald, or arty having hair that stands in a way that doesn't reject the laws of phisics? don't forget Arty should have blue eyes, Juliet shouldn't look stupid, centaurs have a human torso, so Foaly's face shouldn't look like a donkey's, not to mention all the facial hair, Angeline looks japanies for some reason, the troll is suppose to be the size of an elephant, and a bunch of other small differences.
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur
Real First Name: Kat
AFC Fan Fiction Name: faeryenchanter

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

artytwin wrote:i noticed that artemis and butler and root look NOTHING like how they do in my imagination! nooo! :(

I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN. :(
All that jazz!

Parrot
Mud Man

Postby Parrot » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Loads of people don't like the graphic novel much, but at least we have one... It tells the story OK-ish, even if it failed on the characters.
But it left out the Lollipops thing! Noooo! :(
┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 am

that's right, it did!!!!!!!!! we'll never forgive them for that! lollipops are a main theme in AF fandom!!!!!
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Slimi
Swear Toad

Postby Slimi » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 pm

One night, My mom told me to read a dank book. She tried to give me a 4 year old book, but I remembered that a few years ago she read a little bit of AF to me. I asked her to give the first book to me and well she did.
After that, I wanted to read the second book (We already had it, My sister read it when she was little). After that, I asked the entire series for christmas (2015) and I GOT IT! When I just started TTP (The Time Paradox) I completely loved the series. Soo much, I couldn't sleep. SERIOUSLY! Sometimes I'd randomly wake up at 3:00 AM and it was literally on my mind. Day and night.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Haha, isn't it funny, how you hear about something, and then it isn't until years later it suddenly hits you and becomes a big part of your life. xD I have a very vague memory, I might have heard about AF for the first time in grade school, but it wasn't until I was in college I saw it at a bookstore and I needed something to listen on audiobook while I worked on projects, so I thought I would give it a shot. And before I knew it, just as I finished the series on audiobook, I was listening to it /again/...and I couldn't get myself to listen to anything else. xD
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 am

I had a bunch of friends recommend it to me, but I ignored them. Then my mother came to me in the library with the audiobook in her hand, declaring that it was read by her favourite actor (Nathaniel Parker) and that it "looked like the kind of thing I would read." So I gave it a shot and fell completely in love with Artemis the books. I listened to all of the audiobooks and I now (embarrassingly) own multiple copies of more than one of the books in the series. (For some reason I feel the need to own multiple covers/editions of each one. It may be seen as a problem by some people.)
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:37 pm

AliceFowl wrote:I listened to all of the audiobooks and I now (embarrassingly) own multiple copies of more than one of the books in the series. (For some reason I feel the need to own multiple covers/editions of each one. It may be seen as a problem by some people.)

(A wild Alice appears!)

You are not alone in the hoarding of multiple editions/covers. I have two copies of the first six books all with different covers, and two copies of the first graphic novel. I would have gotten more in my obsession, but I didn't have enough room on my shelf.

(And it's great to see you back! We missed you! Well, I did. No one really comes around here anymore. :( )
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

AliceFowl
Dwarf

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm actually behind on collecting the graphic novels...I think I only own...one. Heinous, I know. I feel like a blasphemer. But I have every intention of getting them...

Honestly, I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I've done the same with Harry Potter, as well, and I own about three different copies of The Philosopher's Stone--American, British, and the Jim Kay illustrated edition. It's a problem that carries over to most of my intense fandoms, really.

(And I can't believe you remember me! I definitely remember you, you've been one of those constants along with Rocket that's always been here every time I come back. I do miss the golden days, though, when AthenaParadizo and I would argue over who was a better girlfriend for Artemis, and game threads were actually hard to keep up with... And yeah. I'm actually a little depressed about how slow it is here now. But ahhh, yes, it's me. XD)
Alice

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:45 pm

I want to continue collecting different editions, but monies is an issue. So is shelf-space.

(How could anyone forget you? You were one of the ones that welcomed me into the forums. :) And you were one of the most active members here besides maybe chukalite, evilopal, and AthenaP. I think you guys practically ran the forums for a while. XP I miss you guys and your antics.)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

AliceFowl
Dwarf

Postby AliceFowl » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 am

Yeah, same. But then, I don't think I've ever bought a book and regretted it, so...

(Oh my gosh. Yes, we did run the place! Evilopal too, I remember them. Wow. That kind of was the good old days. Yeah...I miss the antics too. That's why I keep coming back here...)
Alice

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:06 am

(Gosh, now I'm getting nostalgic too. x3 What's it been? Four years? Five? Wow...I don't even know where the time has gone.)

You guys have me beat, the only physical copy of Artemis Fowl I have is The Time Paradox. x3 (Which I got for my TTP-Holly's pov project back in the day. x3) The others are all on kindle...because that made it easy to highlight and search for specific things and such, which is helpful for fanfiction projects. (Although, I do have TTP on kindle, too, and I have all the Artemis Fowl audiobooks on Audible. Actually, I bought the Nathaniel version of the audiobook for TTP twice--yeah, long story.)

Although I admit, when I saw the new covers for the new Chinese versions on deviantArt, if I could have gotten English editions of the books, I totally would have gotten them. (And there was supposed to be a wallscroll with all the covers together that came with it if you bought the set...sigh.) I do have all the graphic novels, though. (I'm waiting on TLC...)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

AliceFowl
Dwarf

Postby AliceFowl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:05 am

(Yeah...it's been a long time. Pretty long. Heh.)

Dang! I just looked the Chinese covers up and to be honest I am about those. They are so pretty!
Alice

Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Uhh... Foaly Jr.?

Postby Kron48 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 am

I think I got the first two books as a birthday gift from one of my friends. I never touched them until I heard two girls talking about it in my AS Comp class. They were fingerling, but it sounded good so when I got home I read them, then read up to TOD. This was 6th grade. Just recently I got TTP and TAC and re-read the series and am completely in love with it (despite the fact that its intended for 10-12 year olds :P). I'm only just starting to realize that this series really belongs to half a generation before my time (Born February 2002). I decided to try to become active in one of the fandoms, and sadly they all seem dead... I'm actually really sad because it looks like I completely missed the bandwagon :'''(. That's kind of stupid though because they STILL haven't come out with the movie so I don't really know what's going on. Not even sure why I'm writing this because this site seems to be 100% dead lol. Just that sad "Kron48 and 0 guests online"... icrieverytime
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Return to “The Entrance Hall”