Kitsy's Guide to AFC - Updated 3/3/09

Introduce yourself here, and greet new members!
Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Kitsy's Guide to AFC - Updated 3/3/09

Postby Kitsy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Artemis Fowl Confidential Forums and site! We are a close-knit community of AF fans and I hope you'll be joining us in our AF addiction.

Firstly if you have any questions reagrding how to post, delete posts, make threads or anything of the sort check out this:
FAQ's.

Secondly, the rules of AFC must be followed. Please read them before posting:
The Rules

Now I'm going to tell you a bit about each section of the forum and what is/isn't acceptable.

The Manor Grounds

The Gates
You MUST read the forum rules posted here before you begin posting on the boards. Periodical site and board announcements are also made in this forum.

The Entrance Hall
If you're new, then there's not better place to introduce yourself then The Entrance Hall!

Site/Forum Suggestions and Comments and Help Forum
Have a suggestion? Spotted a glitch? Need some help or have any feedback for us? Then this is the forum for you.

Fowl Manor

Artemis Fowl Talk
This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section. You can discuss anything from characters to weapons in here.

Eoin Colfer
If it hadn't been for Eoin Colfer, the Artemis Fowl documentator, we'd know nothing about the child prodigy or The People. Discuss the author here.

The Movie
Those Hollywood hotshots are making a movie about Artemis Fowl and his adventures with The People. Discuss the dramas, the suspense, the cast and crew (and the incredibly long waiting times) for the upcoming movie: Artemis Fowl!

Artemis Fowl RPG
Design your own character, and get roleplaying. You can either join an existing roleplaying scenario or set up your own.
Please read The RP Rules before posting in the RP forum. Here is also the OOC (Out of Character) Thread where OOC of posts can be made.

Artemis Fowl Media
Submit your own Artemis Fowl fan fiction, fan art, signatures, avatars and anything else you want here.

Haven

City Central
This is the place to go for discussion on current affairs, specific questions and general on-topic discussion.

The Square
Here's a forum where you can just lie back and relax, chat away and get to know other AFCers. But please, keep things on track - don't post meaningless messages or complete spam.
-The Arcade
Here you can take part in our totally lunatic posting games, like AFC favorites: "The Person Below You", and "Make A Wish". Just don't go completely over-board and don't just post in The Arcade.
-AF Forum Games
Here you can take part in Artemis Fowl related games and puzzles!

Entertainment
Here you can discuss all the things that entertain us all; but please, make sure you post in the correct forum!
-Movies
From the latest horror, chick-flicks, comedy or book-adaptations - talk about them all here!
-TV
For all the T.V programs that you love (or hate), discuss them here!
-Literature
As we have so many literature fans, here's a forum for all the different types of literature you can think of! Just make sure that all AF discussion is directed to their respective forums.
-Music
With all the different types of music, there's so much to talk about! Whatever you're into, share your thoughts here.
-Technology / Computer Gaming
Whether you're a techwizz or simply want to talk about your latest game, this is the place for you.
-Sport
Do you play a sport, or just follow one with an obsession, here's the place to talk about it all.

The Debate Forum
If you've got something to debate about, here's the place to rant and rave about it. Be warned though, you'll have to listen to other people's points of views.

The Gallery
So, you're an artist? Well, here's the place to post all your wonderful work! Whether it's traditional pencil and paper, scanned pictures, digital graphics or videos, we want to see them!

The Journals
An ingenious idea, if I may say so myself. Ah, the Journals. A place where you can make your own thread which will be your Journal. Somewhere to rant, to hold pointless conversations and generally relax.

The Inklings
Welcome to the literary corner of AFC. This forum is named after The Inklings, a British group of writers (including JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis) who would gather in the local pub and comment on each other's manuscripts. Post your writing (poetry, prose, autobiography, novel excerpts, etc.) and receive constructive criticism from fellow authors! (You must be a member of the Inklings usergroup to enter this forum.)
Membership is open for the first 7 days of every month - please PM one of the admins to gain membership!

The AFC Book Club
Come here to participate in the AFC book club! Talk about books other than Artemis Fowl with other book-loving members.

The VIP Room
This forum is for VIPs of the site. You will recieve automatic VIPness if you reach one of these great feats:
- You win a Site Competition,
- You are the Fowl Fan Of The Month. (FFOTM)

Community Sites
Proud of your website? Want to show it off to all your mates at the AFC? Come on in to see what our budding web designers have to offer us! Or even better, tell us about yours! No approval now required!

The Offtopic Forum
Come and witness true anarchy. Nonsensical chatter, rubbish, spam - you name it, it's here. Just be warned, posts get pruned every month.

AFC Forum Archive
Remember the good old days? Well, whether you do or don't, heres the place where you can relive those memorable days in AFC.
-April Fools Day '07
A very memorable day - On April Fools Day 2007, the entire forums were invaded by Teletubbies! The admins and moderators turned themselves into the evil coat-hanger-headed monsters and proceeded to terrorise the forums. They were turned pink, and there was mass-chaos! Here you can view the forums and other bits to do with this day!
-April Fools Day '08
Hilarity ensued when the forum was taken over by a giant Coffee. vs. Cheese debate. People took sides, cheese was thrown, coffee was spilt, things got ugly. XD

LEP Headquarters
The moderating team's headquarters; this forum is hidden, but it's still there! Stay away if you know whats good for you. ;)

Well, now that you know your way around the forums, you should get to know the people. If you ever need advice or help around the forums, then here's where you should turn to:
The Team
Here's a list of all the mods and admins, the members who keep AFC in top condition and running smoothly.

Some help with our Lingo.

AF- Artemis Fowl
TAI - The Artic Incident
TEC - The Eternity Code
TOD - The Opal Deception
TAFF - The Artemis Fowl Files
AFC - Artmeis Fowl Confidential (This forum)

Alot of people have been asking about what the title ranks are. Well, that title under your name changes as your post counts goes up. Sometimes Matt does "Persoanlised Rank Give Aways", where you can change your rank to something more, well, personal - but these are rare.
Please do not get offended if you see 'Troll' under your name as it is an automatic postcount-thingy. It is not personal, and we are not labelling you as a troll.

Here is the complete list of ranks:
Troll 0
Swear Toad 10
Gremlin 25
Tunnel Blue Spider 50
Goblin 75
Mud Man 100
Atlantean 150
Sprite 200
Dwarf 250
Pixie 300
Elf 500
Centaur 700
Commander 1000
Golden Acorn Officer 1500
Council Member 2000
Ruler of the People 2500
Master of Haven 5000
Frond Descendant 10000
Unknown 15000

Guides/Tutorials

Here is how to set an avatar. (Thanks to Centaurboi2 for the tutorial!)

Go to the User Control Panel then go to the options sidebar and click Profile then Edit Avatar after that edit The options on that page.

Here is How to change your forum style. (Thanks again to Centaurboi2 for the tutorial!)

Go to the User Control Panel, then go to the sidebar and click Forum Preferences, after that find the drop down menu nest to My Board Style and choose the style you want.( My Personal opinion of the easiest style is subSilver.)

I think thats about all for now, feel free to ask any questions and have a nice day.

If you need help with posting Images, hit up this thread for information.

[A thank you to Centaurboi2 who helped me update the guide :)]
Last edited by Matt on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Hoonah*
Pixie

Postby Hoonah* » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Good guide Holly!!!

I remember that you added me to the helpful members list at the BETA forum and if you want to do that here, go ahead. I consider my AFC specialites to be Fanfiction and RPGs...so if anyone has any questions about that...I will be happy to oblige!!!
I am/will/a/an/the:

<><Jesus><>,

Lordess Hoonah of the OMGIMTFRGA club

Accidental Typo

Resident RPG expert

Encase all of your pocket change in Lime Green Jell-O

Dominate the world with an army of mini robotic decorative knights constructed of melted tin foil, armed with curling ribbon

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:49 pm

What! You're not on the list! Embarassed OOps. Sowwy hunny. I guess I must have forgot/deleted itself or something. I will do that now!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Hoonah*
Pixie

Postby Hoonah* » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 pm

Haha...it is Ok. I did not even have to be on there!!! I was just letting any n00bs know that I am RPG and FF obsessed!!!

Thankies anyway...Mellon Nin!!!
I am/will/a/an/the:

<><Jesus><>,

Lordess Hoonah of the OMGIMTFRGA club

Accidental Typo

Resident RPG expert

Encase all of your pocket change in Lime Green Jell-O

Dominate the world with an army of mini robotic decorative knights constructed of melted tin foil, armed with curling ribbon

Juliet
Sprite
Real First Name: Anna

Postby Juliet » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:29 am

I believe some of the links are to the 5gigs site dear. Wink
But otherwise, it's a great and informative guide, I dunno what we'd do without it. Very Happy

Mockingbirdflyaway
Pixie

Postby Mockingbirdflyaway » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:57 pm

Awwww... I don't count as a member? Laughing

This is a good guide here Holly. Very spiffy.
~Janna

Writing is like marriage - don't commit yourself until you can't believe your luck.

h_short
Commander

Postby h_short » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:36 pm

nice guild holly!but keep working on it!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 pm

Mockingbirdflyaway wrote:Awwww... I don't count as a member? Laughing

This is a good guide here Holly. Very spiffy.

Were you on the last one? Just wondering...

Mockingbirdflyaway
Pixie

Postby Mockingbirdflyaway » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:17 am

::Headdesk:: Yes. I joined the old forums last October.
~Janna

Writing is like marriage - don't commit yourself until you can't believe your luck.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:28 am

Now I am happy... I was feeling highly degraded at being called troll but now I know just to post a lot andmy name will be shiney and nice. Holly you are not aware of the disaster you have brought down on the forum. Now I will talk.... alot.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:54 am

Mockingbirdflyaway wrote:::Headdesk:: Yes. I joined the old forums last October.

I mean the old list hunny, I know you were on the old forum.

Don't hurt yourself, head+desk=pain

sharkie: Oh lord! What have I done! Very Happy

Murtagh_fowl
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Murtagh_fowl » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:00 am

What is an AFC compitition. I want to post in the VIP group.
BLUE 7 pass it on.

No I will not tell you what it means.

Stop pestering me or I will kill you.

I have it 50 posts.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Murtagh_fowl wrote:What is an AFC compitition. I want to post in the VIP group.

Check on the main site, and in the Updates forum every now and again. Matt occasionaly posts competitions, for example; best banner, best fan-fic, best made-up intro to TLC etc. [I don't think any of those have happened as yet, but they're just ideas] and if you win, you get acess to the VIP forum.

Izzy
Elf

Postby Izzy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:39 am

Thank's for the guide.... Laughing

Thanks michelle439731
I am an official AFC secret agent... It's a secret though, so no one else gets to know, okay?

Sydney Fowl
Centaur

Postby Sydney Fowl » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:08 am

Yeah, Thanks! *gives cookies* The rank thing was very helpful!
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”-Chuck Palahniuk

Return to “The Entrance Hall”