TTP - Holly's POV

Submit your Artemis Fowl fan fiction and media here.
Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Re: TTP - Holly's POV

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks! It's been hard... but fun too. I think I'm way too obsessive of a person. XD I don't think I've ever written so much in such a short period of time before I got into the AF series, lol.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Athena32
Goblin
AFC Fan Fiction Name: MyshiCorp

Postby Athena32 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi!
I read the full version , and I think I can say that is the best fanfic I've ever read or ever will read. There were parts were I felt like crying, and I never cry in books (not even at Root's death!). TTP is also a great book to choose, though part of me wonders what TAC would be like. You should continue with this!
I'm fine, seeing as you asked.-Foaly
Gnommish… Gnommish… What blasted translation system doesn’t have Gnommish?

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Did you really? Thank you so much!! (I originally wrote it as kind of a supplement to another project I'm working on, so I was actually skimming over portions of it recently, just to remind myself what happened. So much I'd forgotten having written. XD! I don't know if I'd have the patience to do something like this now, but I'm glad of the work I put into it, because I think the sheer volume of writing helped me improve.] I'm glad people are still reading it, I know things that are completed/haven't been updated in a long time tend to fall into the background and collect dust. XD

Haha, you know, I actually thought doing TAC might be fun. (Definitely lots of potential there, I think we got Holly's real thoughts on certain things even less than in TTP. XD) But I'm not sure I have the strength to do another entire book parallel...(Looking back, I'm not sure where I found the will to do it, though I admit, it was a good, if often maddening, experience.) I did do one short snippet of a scene from TAC awhile back though, just for fun. If you're interested, you can find it here: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/art/And-who-might-you-be-TAC-parallel-scene-518092303 c: (Though honestly, I don't know it's all that good, so I haven't been advertising it all that much... XD Writing short things that you're reading kind of out of context doesn't seem to come all that easily to me for some reason.)

There's one other scene from TAC I've wanted to write (it's the lack-of-oxygen sequence in the shuttle, I thought that has such potential for being of symbolic significance, lol), but the idea hasn't come together at this point. We'll see though. If I do do anything with TAC, most likely it'll just be snatches here and there (particularly those spots which might have a bearing on the themes of Noble Heart, the post-TAC fanfiction which has been my main project for awhile), like that one I did before.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:57 pm

I really liked the parallel, it never occurred to me how similiar the scene from TAC and the scene from TTP were.

I've read Noble Heart too, and I think it's really good. Everyone's in character, it's very interesting, and Artemis's reaction to Orion's book being sold was hilarious. I hope you update it!
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Haha, thanks!! I'm glad you liked it. C: (I didn't think of it either until I started doing that comic, lol, and I suppose it is kind of a loose connection, but. I have so much fun anyway. XD)

Ah! Have you? (Hee, thank you so much, I'm so excited right now, I don't know what to say.) Yeah, I'm definitely still working on it. Though I admit I have no idea when chapter 11 will be making it up. XD I've been going on average four or five months between updates...(and between chapters 9 and 10, I think it was over eight months >.>). I think I've finally got a process going that helps me avoid burnout while also producing something significantly better than I have in the past, but unfortunately it's a very time-consuming. XD

Oh! But on a random side note~one thing I've found that helps keep me from getting tired or in a rut is having other projects at the same time, so when I need to step away from NH I have other things I can work on. There's one I started for fun a couple of years ago or so, and I finally finished the rough drafts for all the chapters earlier this week. :> (Which is what I would like to do with NH if it wasn't so long and complicated. XD I have to do so much rewriting and backtracking, you wouldn't believe it.) This one is definitely quite a bit different from anything I've ever written before, so I think it was a good experience. (It's probably the first story I've ever written that I would put in the humor category.)

The writing is still pretty rough, and I wrote more on instinct than anything, so I'm not sure how in-character everyone is (the Holly in this one is definitely very different from the Holly in NH or this TTP parallel), but if I can ever get the first few chapters edited, I might post a few of them here in case someone here is interested in seeing them. (Still needs work though. It may be a much simpler story than NH, but it definitely has issues of its own that I'll want to work out before I put it up on ffnet.)

Return to “Artemis Fowl Media”