Oh CRAP!!! It Must Be Love

Submit your Artemis Fowl fan fiction and media here.
Scarlett
Elf
Real First Name: Jessica
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Scarlett
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Re: Oh CRAP!!! It Must Be Love

Postby Scarlett » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Chapter 42 Continued...

“Seriously?” I asked disbelievingly. “Don’t you ever give up?”
“Not when I know I’ll win.” Replied the pixie, who was still standing next to the tree and who was still holding a very large gun. I looked over to Artemis who was curled up, clutching his chest and groaning.
“I wouldn’t worry about him for now.” said another voice from the other side of the clearing. I turned to face another Koboi. This one had round ears so I presumed she was the older of the two fairies. She continued, “He’s merely stunned. It’s not permanent I assure you.”
“Well that’s reassuring.”
She smiled and clicked her fingers. Behind me Opal the younger headed towards the doubled up boy. I had to think fast. I only had to stall them for a moment so that Artemis could get to the centre of the circle.
I then had an idea.
I made my almost healed leg give way underneath me and neither of the Opals seemed to care until I grabbed Calypso, who was still at my feet, and flung her at small Opal.
The surprised cat yelped as loud as the pixie did when she landed on her face, claws digging in in panic. Opal tried to fling her off, dropping her gun in the process, but Calypso hung on tight as if she were tackling a particularly irritating rodent.
Whilst young Koboi screeched I grinned and turned to face older Opal, who was charging at me, anger flaming in her eyes. I quickly leaped to one side. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Artemis get up and hobble towards the centre stump.
Opal swerved after missing me and charged again. I could see this time that she was brandishing one of the annoying electric rods that her little sidekicks had chased us with in Shrewsbury. I flung myself to the floor and rolled out of the way. As soon as I stopped rolling I leaped back to my feet (a lot less gracefully than it sounds). I turned again, this time ready to meet her charge. Merely a second after I got up she was on me again. I grabbed the base of the rod with one hand and her free wrist with the other and clung on tight. I vaguely heard a sickening thunk from behind me. I did not turn to see what it was because Opal was struggling to get out of my grasp, using her feet and head to try and butt me off her. I held fast though and I cast my eyes in Artemis’ direction. He was at the stump but he had turned round and was looking at me as though he was trying to figure out how he could help.
“JUST GO!” I yelled at him. But he wouldn’t. He kept watching me, his expression, helpless. “ARTEMIS!!”
Just then, Opal twisted her hands so she could reach my wrists. She grabbed them, dropping her prod, and twisted again which caused me to let go. She didn’t attack me though. She turned, grabbed her comrade’s (who was lying on the ground, unconscious with a cat sitting on her head) stun gun and stormed toward Artemis, aiming it at his head. She shot and Artemis fell, once again. I could feel anger bubbling inside me.
Twice. Twice she had shot him; oh she was going to pay.
I bent down, grabbed a rock (sincerely hoping my aim would be as good as last time) and I threw it. She turned her head to check if I was following. Well, I didn’t need to follow because the rock hit her squarely on the left temple. She fell, unconscious before she hit the ground. (Seriously, knocking out Opal Koboi never ceases to be satisfying)
I rushed over to where Artemis lay by the centre stone. He was recovering, thankfully, but still needed a bit of help getting up so, with my arm around his back, I helped hoist him up. He took afew short, winded gasps before he spoke.
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome. Wow, stunned twice in ten minutes. Can’t be comfortable.”
He shook his head.
“Not really, no.”
I smiled and took his hand, circling around the stump so I faced him. The blue light still pulsed around us, rhythmically.
“Hurry up. She won’t stay down forever.” I warned, placing his hand in the right print on the stump. He looked down, as if he had momentarily forgotten why he had come.
Then he looked into my eyes.
“You’ve done so much to help me. Why?”
“Because you’re my friend. As soppy as that seems, you’re going to have to live with it.”
He grimaced and looked away.
“Thank you again. I only wish...” he paused.
“What?”
He sighed. “Nothing.” And he placed his remaining hand into the left over hand print.
The stump glowed slightly and then started pulsing with more light. My heart thudded uncontrollably as I realized what was happening. Tears started rolling again down my cheeks.
“Artemis.” I choked. He looked into my eyes again and what I saw in those mismatched irises filled me with sadness and longing.
Before I knew what I was doing I grabbed the front of his blazer and pulled him towards me. Our lips met for two sweet seconds and he did not pull away but when I opened my eyes, I was facing thin air. The air had cleared, leaving the stone circle dark and foreboding as it was when I had first seen it. Artemis had gone.
I lifted up my hand and wiped away the tears. The breaths I took were heaving, waiting to break out into sobs. I looked around to see Calypso sitting by herself at the edge of the tree line(looking at me like she really hadn't appreciated being thrown). The Opals were nowhere to be seen. At that moment though, I didn’t really care.
Whether they had escaped while they could or whether they had gone back to Artemis’ world, I didn’t know. I just wanted to get home and be safe (Though I wasn’t thinking of what Granny would have to say at the time).
I headed towards the cat and, together, we headed threw the trees, both ready to go home.
Snow began to fall and, once, I wondered what had caused the sadness in those eyes of his and I wondered what else Artemis had seen on that parchment.

Ireland, A different universe

Artemis woke up in his own bed, in his own room, in his own home. He looked at his clock on his bedside and furrowed his brow in confusion. It was Christmas morning. That particular fact wasn’t exactly impossible or anything but what confused him was the fact that 1. He was fully clothed, shoes and all and 2. He did not remember going to sleep on Christmas Eve. None of this felt right. He remembered having a dream though and he tried to grasp at the memory but it was slipping away. He remembered light. Blue light. What was it? Just then he heard his phone receive a text and he took it out. The text was from Holly (one of her weekly reports on Koboi) and, according to the date it was sent, the message had been sent about a week before. It was as if his mobile had been switched off for all this time and had only just received to text because it had only just been switched on. He shook his head in bewilderment and read the text.

Opal disappeared for a few seconds but is back now.
Foaly is looking into it.
Stil no news on Litle Opal.
Holly
P.s. Don’t forget ur appointment wth Argon

Artemis shook his head again and put the phone on his bedside table. He scratched his head and yawned. Remnants of his dream still lingered in his head and he tried to dig them out but the more he thought, the further away they got. He knew one thing that surprised him though. He had dreamed about a girl. He could not see her face clearly and it was fading with every second but he still found it unusual that he would dream about a girl. It just wasn’t him. Something had shocked him, before he woke up though. He remembered waking up with his heart hammering, taken aback by something but he couldn’t recall what.
Artemis may have thought on this matter further if his mother hadn’t come into the room at that moment, bringing him back to the present.
“Up you get Arty. It’s Christmas. No work today.” She chanted chirpily.
“Yes Mother.” He replied, his eyes rolling ever so slightly.
“You know it’s half nine.” She tutted. “And you slept in your suite. You must have been tired last night.”
“Yes, tired.” He said vaguely, his mind trying to remember if he had or hadn’t been.
Angeline Fowl tidied her son’s hair.
“And how did you get these leaves in your hair? Honestly.” She gave his hair a couple more pats and stood back. “Well get up and get changed into something else. Preferably something more casual.”
“Yes Mother.”
“And it’s Mum for today. Do you hear me?” He nodded. She smiled fondly. “Good. Merry Christmas Arty.”
And with that she was out of the room.
Artemis sighed and got out of bed. As he stood up he looked down at his clothes and his eyebrows shot up in surprise.
“Where’s my shirt gone?” he said to his lonely blazer. A sudden, gut renching sadness tugged at his insides for a moment but he shook it away. “Ridiculous.” He murmured.
However, unnoticed by the confused youth, a small salty tear silently trickled down one cheek. The sadness was still there and would be for months to come and, back in some universe, a tattered sheet of parchment lay, forgotten, amongst the settling snow.

THE END

and yes, that really was the final part.
Most Creative member of the year 2011: Scarlett
Best Writer of the year 2011: Scarlett
Newbie Award 2011: Scarlett
Biggest Fan boy/ girl of the year 2011: Scarlett
The Interesting One 2012: Scarlett
Best Writer 2013: Scarlett
Some Day My Prince Will Come

"I don't like lolypops"

I'm not mad. I'm just excentric.

"Did you get my text?"

jkdnp
Gremlin

Postby jkdnp » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:36 am

Just... Wow. That story. I can't breathe. I'm crying.
Oh my god. So perfect. In every way. I just can't.
*phew
Sorry I just went on a rampage with this for the past 2
Days... And Gran DID get mad at me for my frequently excusing myself
At the dinner table.(*sigh) The many tribulations of a devoted fangirl.
Thank you so much for the sequel!!!! You know what I'm going to be bingeing
On tomorrow! My own AF Christmas present. 8)
I'm just so happy right now. Really, there is nothing I would change in it.
Oh and you portrayed the characters beautifully. Mr. Colfer himself should
Be taking notes (too much? Sorry I'm just really excited and happy and-*stop it!
Your embarrassing yourself-*I know, but-*No buts, get yourself together-*bu-)
Sorry 'bout that.

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

P.S. THAT SINGLE TEAR OH MY GOD I JUST CAN'T
"In a world of locked rooms,
the man with the key is king,
and honey, you should see me in a crown."
~Jim Moriarty

Scarlett
Elf
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Postby Scarlett » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:31 pm

oh, you can keep those compliments coming :D. admittedly I haven't been adding to the sequal recently, mostly because of college work and university applications but in the summer I am going to knuckle down and get it done :D and thank you so much for those comments. hope you've had a good christmas :laughing:

"I don't like lolypops"

"Did you get my text?"

jkdnp
Gremlin

Postby jkdnp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:57 am

Christmas was great, thanks.
Yeah, I know what you mean with being busy. Also, I posted a chapter of a Sherlock/AF crossover I've been working on. Can you check it out? I'm relying on any suggestions and ideas for it. I kinda just had an idea for the beginning and some of the plot, and wanted to see how far I could get, but I need to see where I'm going with it fast :thumbsup: Any help would be great. Thanks again!
"In a world of locked rooms,
the man with the key is king,
and honey, you should see me in a crown."
~Jim Moriarty

Scarlett
Elf

Postby Scarlett » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 pm

sherlock and af? match made in heaven. yeah I'll definitely check it out :D

"I don't like lolypops"