[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1533: Undefined offset: 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1533: Undefined offset: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1533: Undefined offset: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1533: Undefined offset: 3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1533: Undefined offset: 4
When Worlds Collide-- A Crossover Fanfic - Page 12 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

When Worlds Collide-- A Crossover Fanfic

Submit your Artemis Fowl fan fiction and media here.
Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

When Worlds Collide-- A Crossover Fanfic

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 am

I'm not really sure anyone besides chukalite will understand this next fanfic, but I can still try. :) This takes place after TLG and is a crossover of Artemis Fowl and the manga Kuroshitsuji (also called Black Butler).

This is the story of how a twenty-first century Irish boy genius meets a Victorian-age English boy genius. They're so similar in physique and mind, it sends shivers through everyone who meets them. But is there something hidden within their hearts that makes them distinctly different from one another? And is there a way for their butlers to save them from the calamity that their new world brings...?

Chapter One: A Black-Haired Boy and His Devoted Bodyguard

Artemis Fowl the Second stood up from his desk and walked over to the bookcase of his study. He fingered several large ones and then took out a thin hardback. His favorite book since he was little. He skimmed through its well-worn pages fondly, remembering when his father read to him from it. The youth wondered briefly if it would be a good time to start reading this story to his little brothers. He decided against. Myles already knew about the fairies since his possession by the fairy warrior spirits, but this story might give him a desire to catch one. And Artemis did not want to deal with the LEP for any other reason than correspondence between Holly, Foaly, and himself.

He slowly replaced the book on the shelf and returned to his desk. He was just about to start working on the new program he had been concentrating on for the past week, when the ring on his middle finger vibrated. It must be Holly.

Artemis twisted the ring so the ostentatious setting sat inside his hand, and held the device up to his ear.

“Holly, that you?”

He could almost hear the elf’s eyes roll. “No, Artemis. This is the FBI. Of course it’s me. Who else would be calling you on your communicator?”

“All right, all right. I was just asking. You never know if your communicator could be stolen,” he retorted, smiling.

“You have that smug grin on, don’t you, Mud Boy?” Holly grimaced. She knew he was joking with her. It had become something of a habit since his resurrection.

“Stop it, Holly. If you’re going to keep bickering like that, just give me the communicator!” Foaly held out a hand impatiently. Holly sighed.

“Fine, Foaly. You tell him,” she replied, handing him the device. The centaur quickly took over.

“Artemis, have you heard of any massive tremors or bright lights in Ireland recently?” the centaur sounded as if he was all business.

The youth thought for a moment. “I think I remember hearing about something happening somewhere around Dublin last night. Though the report wasn’t very specific as to where exactly it happened or what happened. Why do you ask?”

“Because we’ve been detecting strange amounts of activity around the Dublin area. We’ve also been picking up some kind of energy. But some of this energy doesn’t seem... well... natural,” Foaly sounded rather in shock.

“What do you mean by not natural?” Artemis furrowed his brow in confusion. This didn’t sound good. What in the world could produce an unnatural energy? Were there really aliens living on Earth?

“Honestly, we’re not even sure it’s energy. If it is, it’s unlike anything we’ve ever seen. I remember reading of a strange energy that was produced by some sort of radiation. It cleared up after a few days and left no permanent effects, but this energy produces radiation. And it’s constantly moving about in the same area every day. We sent a team in to check it out, but they never came back,” the centaur paused. Artemis could guess what he wanted.

“So you would like Butler and me to check out this energy source?” he asked, knowing the answer.
Holly piped up. “You, Butler, and myself. I’m definitely not letting you get all the credit for finding this thing. Plus, Trouble wants me to find out what happened to the team we sent before.”

Artemis smiled and nodded. “I guess I’ll go tell Butler then. He’ll be glad of something to do. The twins have been wearing him down lately. Father can’t wrestle with them as much as he used to so Butler’s been playing with them.”

“Good, it’ll be nice to see the big man again. How are the twins anyway? It took quite a bit of convincing to keep the Council from mind-wiping them,” Holly remembered the time she had met Myles. He had been very much like his older brother.

“As active as ever. Beckett is really something else. I have no idea how that boy can run around the manor for four hours straight and then go to football practice with energy to spare. Myles is a little more subtle, thank heavens. I’d hate to have to deal with an overly-active, child genius. Juliet keeps them out of trouble most of the time though,” Artemis sighed ruefully. There were sometimes he wished he could run around the backyard with the twins and play with them like a big brother should. And then there were times he wished they would just calm down and act like he had at their age, except without the criminal ventures.

Foaly cut in again. “All right, we’ll send Holly up in about an hour to get you guys. Would you mind testing out some new equipment for me, Arty?”

The boy shook his head, rolling his eyes. “Of course, Foaly. If you stop calling me Arty. That name is reserved for only three people in this world, and you’re not one of them.”

“And who would those three be?” the centaur couldn’t resist asking.

Artemis changed the subject. A little too quickly. “What do you want me to test out?”

“You’ll see when Holly picks you and Butler up,” Foaly replied, choosing to forego a comment about the quick subject change.

“Very well then. I’ll get Butler. See you in an hour, Holly,” Artemis checked his wristwatch. It was exactly 2:44 in the afternoon. They would be leaving at around 3:44.

“See you, Artemis,” Holly replied and severed the connection. The boy twisted the ring back to its regular position and picked up his leather jacket. It was mid-September, and the temperatures had been dropping curiously fast since last week. Artemis now wondered if it had anything to do with this mysterious energy.

He found Butler in the old barn that housed the plane that had Artemis and Holly had flown with a little push from a troll during Opal’s siege of Fowl Manor. Well, the remains of it. Artemis Senior had decided to recycle the old parts and try to build something new with it. The only problem was the parts were too badly damaged to use for anything so they sat gathering dust in the barn. Butler still used the place for a makeshift gym when he wanted to get away from the twins. Even the bodyguard needed some peace and quiet.

Artemis smiled as he approached the barn door, hearing a loud smack of a punching bag as it slammed against the one wall. Since he had come back from the dead, Artemis had decided that perhaps it was time he exercised more seriously. And take it seriously he had. Beckett didn’t think much of it, but Myles was getting jealous of Artemis’s new muscles.

Butler had just punched another bag across the barn when Artemis opened the door. The manservant looked up at his charge.

“Artemis, what is?”

“I just wanted to let you know that Holly will be picking us up in a little less than an hour. There’s some sort of radiation-producing energy that we need to check out. She’ll be coming along to search for a missing LEP team that was sent to investigate the same thing earlier,” the boy replied.

“So will I be needed to scare whoever’s making this weird energy?” Artemis grimaced. Butler was not in a good mood.

“If best comes to best, then yes, old friend. If worst comes to worst... well, I’d prefer not to think about that,” the juvenile genius, as Artemis preferred to be called these days, turned his back on his bodyguard and exited the barn. He heard another punching bag slam against the wall. Perhaps he should leave Butler here. It was obvious the bodyguard was upset about something.

The boy shrugged and returned to his room. He could ask Butler later about what was bothering him. Meanwhile, there were plans to be made.

Well, do you like, or not like? :) chukalite, please come back and review?! Pretty please? *makes puppy dog eyes*
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Re: When Worlds Collide-- A Crossover Fanfic

Postby artytwin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm

yayyy! nice! who are the three people? his mom dad and holly hol right!? ARTEMIS WITH MUSCLEZZZ!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *cries* why couldnt he be reall!?

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:17 pm

I'll work on the next chapter when I get home. I'm at the community college right now. :) But I need one more reviewer before I post it. So review, folks, review! :>
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

artytwin
Commander
Real First Name: Fatima

Postby artytwin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 am

shumbudy review already! i neeeed to seeeee what happens next. or i shall die! die die die! die i tell you! and just to make it clearer: DIE!

elf_with_attitude
Cereal Killer
Real First Name: Holly
Location: You know that little voice in the back of your head telling you to kill people? Yeah...

Postby elf_with_attitude » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Post,please! I love where this is going, and don't even think about discontinuing or anything close to that. POST!!!!!!
This is to be our final transmission
The rebels have defeated our illustrious armies
They have damaged our intention of ugly and defiant malevolence
All that we love and care for will sink
Into the abyss of a new dark age
Made more sinister
And perhaps more protracted
By the light of perverted science and rebellion
The whole root and heavy core
Will perish in starving captivity
You will never win your freedom
You cannot escape... F.E.A.R.