Artemis' 3rd personality...

All Artemis Fowl-related posting games and puzzles here.
Scarlett
Elf
Real First Name: Jessica
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Scarlett
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Artemis' 3rd personality...

Postby Scarlett » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:19 pm

If Artemis had another personality other than Orion what would he be like.

I think He would be a badboy in jeans. Orion seems like the angel out of his two consienses so it only fits that there should be a devil to.
Most Creative member of the year 2011: Scarlett
Best Writer of the year 2011: Scarlett
Newbie Award 2011: Scarlett
Biggest Fan boy/ girl of the year 2011: Scarlett
The Interesting One 2012: Scarlett
Best Writer 2013: Scarlett
Some Day My Prince Will Come

"I don't like lolypops"

I'm not mad. I'm just excentric.

"Did you get my text?"

jkdnp
Gremlin

Re: Artemis' 3rd personality...

Postby jkdnp » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:04 am

I think he would be shy and soft spoken... And super polite!! C'mon you can see it too, right?
Also, he'd wear lots of knit sweaters and vests.
"In a world of locked rooms,
the man with the key is king,
and honey, you should see me in a crown."
~Jim Moriarty

Scarlett
Elf
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Postby Scarlett » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 pm

I get the feeling that the knited vests are Artemis' casual clothes. but yeah, if they were cardigans and stuff like that :laughing:

"I don't like lolypops"

"Did you get my text?"

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Wow, welcome back, Scarlett! :D

I'm inclined to agree. He'd be the sort to wear a knitted sweater at Christmas with a flashing reindeer on it, and would sit on his father's knee.

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am

... So I'm the only one here who figures Artemis's third personality would be a sociopath ?
I mean, if Orion represents all his 'good' and childish sides, then a third personality would be all the hatred and bad feelings he usually hides. To me, if substituted with other characters, Orion is something like Casper the ghost, and a third personality would be the Watchmen's Rorschach. Quite disturbing indeed, but well, I've always pictured it like that.
(but I really imagine Artemis disguising as Rorschach to go scare the hell out of his psychologists ^^')
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:49 am

Hmmm... Artemis and Orion are, quite obviously, supposed to be polar opposites. One of them's so evil mastermind-y and smart and the others so naïve and genuine, I think his third personality would just be.. Normal. As boring as that may be, I think that this typical teenager alter ego (living neither in the 1800s or in a high-tech future), would really balance him out.

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby La Souris Bleue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Can't help but keep thinking that the normal teenager option isn't the most logical one. Actually, it's Artemis who would be near the normal teenager. The Atlantis Complex, and the Orion personality, is not just about being the complete opposite of Artemis' personality. I think it was written that way because it was funnier (and it is indeed). But the real meaning of Orion, is that he represents all the aspects of himself that Artemis kept hidden, because he was ashamed of it or (but more probably and) to protect himself. In the books Artemis shows very little emotions, which makes him look like the cold emotionless evil criminal mastermind you describe, but it's clearly just a facade as you can see in some scenes (from example in the Arctic Incident when he burst in tears when his father is saved), I also remember Colfer clearly wrote it at some passages in the first books but I can't figure out exactly where. The matter is that the Artemis we know is a shell under which he hides all pulsions and emotions - and when the shell breaks because of illness, Orion breaks out as a conglomeration and exaggeration of all these emotions. And I keep thinking that Artemis has a lot more to hide than pastel blue little dolphins. I'm not completely claiming that my vision of his third personality would be a blood-thirsty sociopath - actually, seing how Colfer exaggerated Orion to make him look dumber and funnier, if my 'Rorschartemis' was to be it would be a blood-thirsty sociopath - ; just a darker, crueler, more ambiguous version of Artemis, who would go into violent anger fits and be completely uncontrolable, for who the end really justifies all means, including killing.

... That being said I can understand that you like the knitted sweater version better x') But to me it would just be a pointless repetition of what Orion already is, in a more over-the-top way.

Hope all this exposition of my hypothesis was understandable ^^' I often write very long stuff and I can get confusing even in my own language, so don't hesitate to point out any mistake...
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:46 pm

... D'ARVIT!!!

Did you have to?!

You just ruined my perception of Artemis Fowl. Both the character and the series. But oh well, at least I know more about my favourite book than I ever have had before. :lick: :lick: :lick: So, erm, thanks...?

Poor Arty though.
:(

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby La Souris Bleue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

You're welcome... I guess... ^^' But you know it's just my personal vision of the books and the character, that doesn't mean yours isn't valable or anything :) Maybe I'm the one who's wrong ^^ (even though my theory is the best :lick:)

Scarlett
Elf

Postby Scarlett » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:00 pm

my god, what have I done?

right someone start a fanfic on la souris' theorey

and hiya Matt :D

"I don't like lolypops"

"Did you get my text?"

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby La Souris Bleue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 am

Scarlett wrote:right someone start a fanfic on la souris' theorey

Actually a while ago I discovered a fanfic called All In An Instant And Before. It's kind of a complete rewriting of the seventh book with a completely different plot, only keeping Orion and adding a third personality which is pretty much alike my theory. In fact, I always wanted to write a fanfic like that with this psycho third personality theory, but when I read this one I dropped the idea because it already did it so well - and probably way better than what I would have done ^^

Scarlett
Elf

Postby Scarlett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:36 pm

hey, I think you should go for it. Personally, I don't like the idea of rewriting any of the books (may still check that one out though) and plenty of other people may not either. I reckon you'd do really well on it :)

"I don't like lolypops"

"Did you get my text?"

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby La Souris Bleue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Okay, maybe I'll do then. I've only got to finish my current one first... easier said than done... >< Especially because nobody reads it and I've gotten out of motivation by now, translation is too hard a work for absolutely no review at all. But well. Anyway, the other fanfiction is really, really great, and I truly recommand it, even though you're not fond of rewriting. Consider it as an AU, only with the same starting idea of Artemis getting ill/insane/split personalities :)

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:37 pm

La Souris Bleue wrote:...just a darker, crueler, more ambiguous version of Artemis, who would go into violent anger fits and be completely uncontrolable, for who the end really justifies all means, including killing.

Huhh, I really like this concept, it really fits well with the spirit of the original series. One of the integral parts of the series is the conflict we see in Artemis of his ruthlessness and more villain/antihero aspects in the earlier books, and his desire to be more of a hero later on, as his father urges him to be in TEC. In TTP, Artemis tells himself to 'be strong' (in other words, to do something cold or cruel in order to achieve a goal), but it's clear that it's a struggle for him.

Another interesting line of thought I think, it might not be as simple as saying that Orion is 'good' and this other personality is 'evil'--Orion seems to exemplify thoughts of heroism and idealism, but he also lacks common sense and is almost completely ineffectual. I think the other personality would be the opposite—violent, willing to go to any lengths to achieve his goals, caring about no one but himself, but also very efficient and able to see things clearly, at least in a certain sense. So it's Artemis, the blending of the two, who is able to be the truest hero, if that makes sense, the one who can see the best course of action, but that efficiency is also tempered by compassion. (And it's not until he's able to accept both sides, and teach himself to master them both, that he's able to reach his full potential, or something like that.)

So anyway, if I had to choose just one personality, I would probably go for a darker Artemis, because I think that would just fit so well...But, I have read a fanfiction once (many of you may know the one I mean ;j ) where Artemis had many personalities, including a normal teenager, an emo, a psychopath, and even a girl. (So I could see a knitted-sweater-wearing Artemis in there, too. XD)

La Souris Bleue wrote:Actually a while ago I discovered a fanfic called All In An Instant And Before. It's kind of a complete rewriting of the seventh book with a completely different plot, only keeping Orion and adding a third personality which is pretty much alike my theory. In fact, I always wanted to write a fanfic like that with this psycho third personality theory, but when I read this one I dropped the idea because it already did it so well - and probably way better than what I would have done ^^

Ha, oh yeah, Ranowa Hikura, I recognize that name. I think she's a bit famous on ffnet for her other fanfiction “Endings and Beginnings.” I might just have to check it out, I know I've seen this one before. (Though my favorite alternate to the seventh book is probably the squid one by the tag-team freudwithwings...I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. You can find it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10664708/1/I-Know-What-You-Squid-Last-Night ;j )

Scarlett wrote:Personally, I don't like the idea of rewriting any of the books (may still check that one out though) and plenty of other people may not either.

Oh yeah, I know where you're coming from. X3 It's like, there's something sacred about the original events of the actual series, and you don't want to see them changed...But there's also a part of me that's interested to see the characters in different circumstances, or see things changed up somewhat. (I read a TTP parallel once where the events were basically the same, but Artemis and Holly basically switched roles, and what the author had gotten done of it was pretty good. I wished they'd gone on to do the rest, but I'm still waiting, lol.)

*Suddenly looks guilty* But, what if it's a rewrite that's completely (or supposed to be completely) in canon? You know, keep the story and events the same, but add some things that could have been there, and change the perspective... (Actually, I think that would be worse, because then nothing new would actually happen. XD! But it would be fun for the author to write, hehe. ;9 )
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [Post TAC]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28912232/Artemis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 pm

I found this page full of general wild guessing. Most of the theories aren't about other personalities, but two are. Pretty interesting idea, but it takes a bit of scrolling to find them.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/ArtemisFowl
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Return to “AF Forum Games”