Forum Add-Ons - **Submissions Welcome!**

Have a suggestion? Spotted a glitch? Need support?
TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Re: Forum Add-Ons - **Submissions Welcome!**

Postby TrojanCentaur » Fri May 11, 2007 12:38 pm

fowl111 wrote:I think there should be some forum games like proper games made by people on the forums. I mean a proper section for 'em.

It's not really that easy, I have to say. Flash games are a bugger to program. *leaves all that to Matt*

TC,
I'm just the resident caffine nut. after all...
Mwahahhahahaha... MUAHAHAHAHA! *twitch*

Doctor Universalis
Sprite

Postby Doctor Universalis » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Is there an option for spell checking a post? Copying to/from MSWord gets a little frustrating.
My archetype is control. I value inertia, and exert tremendous effort to ensure nothing of note occurs. At my best, I will take you to zero in a timely fashion with a large man or combo finish. At my worst, have fun decking yourself while I stay around with two Gaea's Blessings. My symbol is a Pernicious Deed in the 'yard, a Standstill in play, and a Force of Will and accompanying blue card in hand. My enemies are Aggro and the match clock.

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 pm

In my experience, forum spellcheckers aren't that great. There's probably one out there somewhere, but I think TC's too busy to install it.

I'd recommend getting the Google Toolbar, which has a spellchecking function built in. Or because I use Firefox and hate IE using Firefox instead, which has a spell checker built-in.
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

Doctor Universalis
Sprite

Postby Doctor Universalis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:26 am

Thanks, I'll give it a try, and appreciate the advise.
My archetype is control. I value inertia, and exert tremendous effort to ensure nothing of note occurs. At my best, I will take you to zero in a timely fashion with a large man or combo finish. At my worst, have fun decking yourself while I stay around with two Gaea's Blessings. My symbol is a Pernicious Deed in the 'yard, a Standstill in play, and a Force of Will and accompanying blue card in hand. My enemies are Aggro and the match clock.

carino
Mud Man

Postby carino » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:57 pm

Is there any way you can add a quickreply box? that's generally what I use on other forums..
Check out my blog!

Thanks to all the people who have supplied my graphics!FanGathering, Voldy at AFC, and Kitty Rainbow

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Yeah, I use a Quick-Reply box a lot on other forums....I remember discussing that feature, but I don't remember what we decided on it...I'll run it by TC again.

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:44 am

TrojanCentaur wrote:
fowl111 wrote:I think there should be some forum games like proper games made by people on the forums. I mean a proper section for 'em.

It's not really that easy, I have to say. Flash games are a bugger to program. *leaves all that to Matt*

TC,
I'm just the resident caffine nut. after all...

Yeahh, I agree. There should be more games and stuff. It'll be more fun!! Very Happy
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 am

You know we could use a resident flash programmer.. Why don't you learn how to do it and make games for us..
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

TigOnATog
Swear Toad

Postby TigOnATog » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:15 am

I don't know if this has been suggested in another topic, but I would like to know if there is any way to get rid of that pesky signature line. If not, maybe that could be an option in user preferences? Or maybe there's a html thingamajig which I'm unaware of that nobody else uses. x]

(For example, what on earth is the first tick box down the bottom for? What does it mean? What, exactly, is a BBCode and why would one disable it?)
»If there's anything around here more important than«
•••My Ego•••
»I want it caught and shot now.«

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:40 pm

TigOnATog wrote:(For example, what on earth is the first tick box down the bottom for? What does it mean? What, exactly, is a BBCode and why would one disable it?)

BBCodes are the...Semi-HTML-thingies which are used to e.g bold, make fancy wikilinks to Wikipedia or Artemis Fowl Confidential-wiki ([ w=en]article-in-en-wikipedia[/w ], [ w]AFCWiki[/w])...
æ

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:55 pm

The signature line helps organize a person's post. Without it, it would be confusing to tell where the post stops, as some people's signatures are just plain text or something.

As for BBCode, it's for more than, er, Wiki stuff....BBCode is for controlling the actual look of the text in your post. If you make a post, on the top of the textbox is a whole list of little boxes with various BBCodes--B, i, u, Quote, etc. The actual code shown upon clicking those buttons is the BBCode.

TigOnATog
Swear Toad

Postby TigOnATog » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:18 am

Voldy wrote:The signature line helps organize a person's post. Without it, it would be confusing to tell where the post stops, as some people's signatures are just plain text or something.

As for BBCode, it's for more than, er, Wiki stuff....BBCode is for controlling the actual look of the text in your post. If you make a post, on the top of the textbox is a whole list of little boxes with various BBCodes--B, i, u, Quote, etc. The actual code shown upon clicking those buttons is the BBCode.

That's fair enough. I was just suggesting it could be an option for those whose signatures are not plain. I've seen it work on quite a few boards, but I understand that it can make life more confusing than it needs to be. I s'pose I'm just used to being able to get rid of it. =\ Meh, never mind. x]

At least I now understand what was, until recently, the mysteries of the BBCode. ^^
•••My Ego•••

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:18 am

Yeah, I'll look into that option, and run it by the other mods/admins.

And yay, you figured out BBCode! XD

By the way, I never got to say this, but I love your avatar, and also, I love your username. XD

TigOnATog
Swear Toad

Postby TigOnATog » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:33 am

Haha, why thank you! Not many people get my username. xD Your avatar is actually really spiffy too. =D

Cheers! Behold my powers over the BBCode and despair!

Oh, and thanks for looking into my suggestion. Have a brownie.
*Viciously bats away drooling crowd that is attempting to steal patented brownies*
No! These are limited stock. They are for Voldy, I tell you, you little nasties.
•••My Ego•••

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:59 am

I don't have a suggestion I just wanted to thank whoever (probably Matt or TC) added the HCS username feature to the profile. That was a great idea!
Ello.

Return to “Site/Forum Suggestions and Comments”