Sub-forum, regular RPG

Have a suggestion? Spotted a glitch? Need support?
shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Sub-forum, regular RPG

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 am

I was thinking that maybe we could have a sub-forum for regular RPG's that aren't just about Artemis Fowl. A place where we could hold an RPG about a possible real life situation or an RPG based off of another book series. Just a thought.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Re: Sub-forum, regular RPG

Postby Kitsy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 am

Or it could be an original fantasy rpg, those are my favs (L)

Anyway, I've considered doing this before BUT there are a few problems. Firstly, we'd have to find a place to put it as it can't really be a sub-forum in the AF RPG section because it's not an AF rpg. Secondly, I'd need to know enough people were interested. There are only two, maybe three, active RPs at the moment so I don't know whether there'd be enough activity to open a whole new sub-forum.

If you, or anyone else, wants to open up an original RP (or one based on another media) start it up in the forum we've got now. If enough people are interested, if enough RPs get started within the next months then I'll make a sub-forum for it somewhere.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Cool. The reason I brought it up was because I have a few friends that like to RP but they don't want to be limited to just an AF RP basis. Having original RPs will also allow us to expand our imaginations and give us a bigger knoledge base from the research we might have to do for that RP.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 am

I agree with this plan. I love this plan. Oh, oh, *waves hand* can we be a little bit harsher with rules for this section of the forum? Just a thought. We don't have too.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 am

We could also have an RPG tutoring thread where people who want to RPG but aren't very good could go and get some tips and pointers. I saw that on another site and thought it was a good idea.
But I do like the harsher rules idea.

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 am

Sub forum of offtopic forum?
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

We won't have harsher rules - but each person who creates their own role-play can put in harsher rules. If someone's not obeying them, then kick them out of the role-play. It's so everyone can rp to their standard.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Return to “Site/Forum Suggestions and Comments”