Login Problem

Have a suggestion? Spotted a glitch? Need support?
Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name:Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Spinnika
Login Problem

Postby Mizora » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:29 am

This isn't exactly a problem, it's more of an inconvenience. When I login, I type my username in and then quickly type in my password. Sometimes I'm typing so fast I mess up the password and I have to retype it. The only problem is, my username has been removed as well as the password so I have to type them both in again.
It's not a major problem, but it's annoying and wastes time (it's also the only website I've seen that does it). So, if anything can be done...well, thanks! :)
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name:Mohammad

Re: Login Problem

Postby Antilles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Actually, that one's a security measure. Theoretically, it protects accounts from a script designed to crack passwords by not making it clear if it was the username or password that was incorrect.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name:Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 am

Oh ok. If it's a security measure, why don't other sites have it?
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name:Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:15 am

Oh ok. If it's a security measure, why don't other sites have it?
Well, it's not necessarily something every website has by default, it adds a very minimal layer of security so many places don't bother. It's entirely possible it was never supposed to be here intentionally either, but I've seen the same strategy used in a lot of financial websites (banks, PayPal, etc), and it's one we covered when we went over basic computer security measures in one of my classes.

Unfortunately, I'm just a moderator and can't make code changes, so I can't fix it even if I wanted to. We'd need to PM Matt about it.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

Return to “Site/Forum Suggestions and Comments”