What form would your boggart take?

Current affairs and on-topic discussion goes here!
Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name:Mary
Location:Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^
Re: What form would your boggart take?

Postby Tyrison » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:40 am

^That reminds me...when I was staying with my little sister and parents in North Dakota at my aunt's house for the family reunion, she had this little time out doll that was freaky. Basically, you stuck it with it's nose in a corner, and it fit because she runs a childcare business, but this thing looked so real that it scared me to death. I wouldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom it scared me so much. :P And this is 12 year old me I'm talking about...

Another boggart of mine, actually, would be all of my stuffed animals around me, in the middle of the night, staring at me. You know how things like that, the eyes are just so empty, and it feels like they're staring at you? That really freaks me out, so I make sure that I don't have big ones out, and if I do, they're not where I can see the eyes.
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

silverphoenix
Elf

Postby silverphoenix » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:24 am

^That reminds me...when I was staying with my little sister and parents in North Dakota at my aunt's house for the family reunion, she had this little time out doll that was freaky. Basically, you stuck it with it's nose in a corner, and it fit because she runs a childcare business, but this thing looked so real that it scared me to death. I wouldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom it scared me so much. :P And this is 12 year old me I'm talking about...

Another boggart of mine, actually, would be all of my stuffed animals around me, in the middle of the night, staring at me. You know how things like that, the eyes are just so empty, and it feels like they're staring at you? That really freaks me out, so I make sure that I don't have big ones out, and if I do, they're not where I can see the eyes.
You would hate my room then, it has stuffed animals everywhere, including on the bed. But I sleep with a light on so they don't look that freaky at night. I actually used them as guard animals against the doll that I was scared of... Don't worry about being scared of a doll when you were twelve, I was too.
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name:O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:08 am

My friends are fifteen and they're afraid of the clown that hangs from the ceiling in my room. I'm fifteen and I'm still afraid of E.T.

But you have to admit, that thing was scary.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name:Mary
Location:Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 am

^I'd be scared too. There used to be a clown doll in my room too, but it was sitting on this thing that hung from the ceiling, so it wasn't too different.

But yeah...clowns are just plain scary. Join the club.
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:48 am

My friends are fifteen and they're afraid of the clown that hangs from the ceiling in my room. I'm fifteen and I'm still afraid of E.T.

But you have to admit, that thing was scary.
No, E.T. was cute! :P
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

... No... E.T. was dang creepy *shudder*

My friends are backing me up on this point. DON'T DENY IT! XD. He made my friend cry... he made me have nightmares...
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Aww... poor E.T. :P

I guess I was a weird child. XD

In an effort to be on topic, my boggart atm would definitely be Math. ><
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name:Henry

Postby diesector21 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 pm

My boggart....uh...dunno how to currently describe it, mostly because I can't truly manifest it into something. Well, it's actually a frickin' movie genre. ...it's called 'Body horror', where that horror part comes from the extreme distortion of human body parts.

I would say the best example of that would be the 1993 Australian film Body Melt.

...gawd.

By the way, DON'T search that movie up in Wikipedia, the poster is disgusting. Don't search Videodrome, Jacob's Ladder, The Fly, and Society either.

*shudder*

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name:Darius

Postby optiguy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:22 am

A human form of Gus!

Mine would probably be murderers. I always imagine being killed helplessly. I probably watch too much CSI but, who cares *Shrugs*
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
-Rose Kennedy.

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:09 pm

I would say the best example of that would be the 1993 Australian film Body Melt.

...gawd.

By the way, DON'T search that movie up in Wikipedia, the poster is disgusting. Don't search Videodrome, Jacob's Ladder, The Fly, and Society either.

*shudder*
I think I will, just for the sake of it.

Another form my boggart could possibly take... hmm... I really don't know. A guy with a gun, I feel uneasy when police officers carry them around, much less someone pointing one at me. XD.

Edit: Those don't look so bad, the movie poster isn't that gruesome either, but I haven't seen the movie...

I'm morbidly interested in the Fly now XD.

ATeenGenii
Gremlin
Real First Name:Colin

Postby ATeenGenii » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 am

The dementor of course would be the worst boggart as not only is it just plain creepy it makes you live through your worst nightmares and your worst experiences all over and there is never a happy ending because it sucks out your soul. So if the boggart becomes a dementor it can make everything you fear real to you all at the same time. I wonder why a boggart would do anything else. :blush:
Bear with me old friend-Artemis Fowl

obsession! what do you mean, I have an obsession! (holds af book behind back)

Ego iusticiam supra pacem atque liberum supra vitam petam.
I seek justice over peace and liberty over life.

You don't want to look!
Spoiler:
Physic. made you look. o' by the way YOU JUST LOST THE GAME
told you you didn't want to look.

i am guilty of almost all 648 ways to know your addicted to af click below to see what i mean.
http://forum.artemis-fowl.com/viewtopic ... &start=570

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 am

How would a boggart form blindness?

Complete blackness, I suppose

A dementor wouldn't be my boggart, because I don't fear the past. I'm not afraid of monsters or death, and although I'm not huge on pain, I'd rather physical suffering than go through the torture of living with blindness. I'm not very close with anyone, although I love my family, not enough to survive with them while blind. I'd rather be non-existent than unable to see.

So yes, my biggest fear is going blind. I don't know how I'd cast 'riddikulus' on it, though, because you can't exactly point your wand at blindness and laugh. What's there to point it at?

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name:Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Totally the Sears Tower. *nod*
Or the Goliath roller coaster.

ATeenGenii
Gremlin
Real First Name:Colin

Postby ATeenGenii » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 pm

How would a boggart form blindness?

Complete blackness, I suppose

A dementor wouldn't be my boggart, because I don't fear the past. I'm not afraid of monsters or death, and although I'm not huge on pain, I'd rather physical suffering than go through the torture of living with blindness. I'm not very close with anyone, although I love my family, not enough to survive with them while blind. I'd rather be non-existent than unable to see.

So yes, my biggest fear is going blind. I don't know how I'd cast 'riddikulus' on it, though, because you can't exactly point your wand at blindness and laugh. What's there to point it at?
Probably forms a solid wite mist around you so that you can't see. since it surrounds you, you just have to feel around till you find your wand and the laugh can be one of triumph once you've found the wand. 8)
Bear with me old friend-Artemis Fowl

obsession! what do you mean, I have an obsession! (holds af book behind back)

Ego iusticiam supra pacem atque liberum supra vitam petam.
I seek justice over peace and liberty over life.

You don't want to look!
Spoiler:
Physic. made you look. o' by the way YOU JUST LOST THE GAME
told you you didn't want to look.

i am guilty of almost all 648 ways to know your addicted to af click below to see what i mean.
http://forum.artemis-fowl.com/viewtopic ... &start=570

Cathy_1
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Cathy_1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:23 am

Mine would be a dog. Im terrified of them.
No, this is Foaly the Centaur. Is this the kidnapping, lowlife human?- Foaly
Mulch: I realise, Julius, that this is not an accurate schematic
Root: An accurate schematic? Its a rectangle for heavens sake!

Mulch: So, slippers
Loafers: Thats loafers

No, mademoiselle, I would not like to see the children's menu. I have no doubt that the children's menu itself tastes better than the meals on it- Artemis

Return to “City Central”