Riddle Me This

Current affairs and on-topic discussion goes here!
Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Re: Riddle Me This

Postby Mizora » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 am

As in ask two questions? Technically, no, but I'll give you a hint: You only need to ask one question to get the answer.
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 am

Mizora wrote:Ha ha. I get it. Anyway, here's a pretty hard riddle. I couldn't get it, let's see if you guys can...
You are in a room with no doors, no windows, no trapdoors or any other exits. There is no one outside that can help you. If you stay in the room you will eventually die of hunger. There is only one way to escape. There are two buttons labelled "A" and "Z" in the centre of the room. One of them will free you instantly and the other will kill you instantly. There are two identical robots in the room. One always tells the truth and the other always lies. You are allowed to ask one of the robots one question. The robot you ask has to answer you but only you can decide if it is true or false.
What question must you ask to determine which button will save you? Explain your answer.
And NO cheating!

Ask either "what button would the other robot tell me to press?"
If you ask the truthful one, he would say the incorrect one.
If you ask the untruthful one, he would also say the incorrect one.

A king dined with his sister
His friend and his friends' wife
All were greedy beasts
who love food more than life
Finally three pies alone remained
there wasn't any knife.
How did they all get equal shares
And save themselves from strife?
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

1.) the friend's wife was the kings sister.

2.) kill one of the people.

3.) Get a knife (he is king) and cut each pie into fourths, give three fourths to each person.

This is a long one:

you are inside the lobby of a building with 41 floors. A deliveryman comes into the building, carrying a cylinder and a few packages. He takes an express elevator up to the top floor, stays for five minutes, then comes down, still carrying the tube but one package lighter.
The next person to come in is an elderly man, leaning heavily to the left on a cane. He takes the express elevator to the top, stays for seven minutes, then comes back down.
While on his way out, the elderly man collides with a young woman, the cane in his right hand tangling with the umbrella in her left. The man apologizes and leaves, while the woman heads to the top floor on the express elevator, stays for nine minutes, then returns.

Later that day the police discovered that a valuble painting was missing from the top floor of the building you visited. The theft took place at around the time you were there and all the suspects had both a reason to steal it and something to hold the painting in.

Who stole the painting?
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Postby Griffar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:47 am

The old guy is suspicious to me mainly because he went up the elevator leaning heavily on his left, and came down with the cane in his right, but that's all I got, so I'm going to go with that assumption.

EDIT:
Geoffrey, lives on the 65th floor of a 70 story apartment building. Every day when Geoffrey leaves to go to work he rides the elevator all the way down to the bottom floor. Every day when coming home except when he has a friend or it is raining, he rides the elevator up to 47th floor and walks the rest of the way to his apartment.

Why is this so?

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Mere Reflection

Postby Mere Reflection » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am

Geoffrey's a shortie! (like me!)

(and DMTFE, your first answer was correct )

the king has three people trying to become his advisor. To check their wisdom, he gave them a test.
each man had a hat placed upon his head. They could see everyone else's hats but not their own.

They knew at least one hat was blue, and the hats could be either blue or white.

One man looks up and sees two blue hats. Some time later, he answered correctly. How did he know?
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
A/H forever

GibbousCloud
Goblin

Postby GibbousCloud » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:you are inside the lobby of a building with 41 floors. A deliveryman comes into the building, carrying a cylinder and a few packages. He takes an express elevator up to the top floor, stays for five minutes, then comes down, still carrying the tube but one package lighter.
The next person to come in is an elderly man, leaning heavily to the left on a cane. He takes the express elevator to the top, stays for seven minutes, then comes back down.
While on his way out, the elderly man collides with a young woman, the cane in his right hand tangling with the umbrella in her left. The man apologizes and leaves, while the woman heads to the top floor on the express elevator, stays for nine minutes, then returns.

Later that day the police discovered that a valuble painting was missing from the top floor of the building you visited. The theft took place at around the time you were there and all the suspects had both a reason to steal it and something to hold the painting in.

Who stole the painting?

You stole it. It was stolen around the time you were there, right? ...I dunno.
Check out my deviantArt: http://gibbouscloud.deviantart.com/
Learn the truth: http://yuumei.deviantart.com/journal/33208610/
--
"So, you really think the evil lair is in the volcano on Hawaii?"
"Nah, I just thought we should go somewhere tropical for once."
--
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

--
"You shouldn't make me worth it to you unless you can make yourself worth it to me."
"And why should I?"
"Because, my dear, I am much too lazy to cry over just anyone."
--
PM me if you can lead me to an AFC site banner.

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:24 am

It was the man with the cane. The fact that he held the cane in a different hand on the way up than on the way down means that the cane was fake, this meaning that his whole disquise was fake. Why would you need a fake disquise unless you were trying to remain untraseable due to the fact that you were on a mission to steal something.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Mere Reflection

Postby Mere Reflection » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 am

Okay, just putting in a riddle:

The three wisest sages in the land were brought before the king to see which of them were worthy to become the king's advisor. After passing many tests of cunning and invention, they were pitted against each other in a final battle of the wits.

Led blind-folded into a small room, the sages were seated around a small wooden table as the king described the test for them.

"Upon each of your heads I have placed a hat. Now you are either wearing a blue hat or a white hat. All I will tell you is this- at least one of you is wearing a blue hat. There may be only one blue hat and two white hats, there may be two blue hats and one white hat, or there may be three blue hats. But you may be certain that there are not three white hats."

"I will shortly remove your blind folds, and the test will begin. The first to correctly announce the colour of his hat shall be my advisor. Be warned however, he who guesses wrongly shall be beheaded. If not one of you answers within the hour, you will be sent home and I will seek elsewhere for wisdom."

With that, the king uncovered the sages' eyes and sat in the corner and waited. One sage looked around and saw that his competitors each were wearing blue hats. From the look in their eyes he could see their thoughts were the same as his, "What is the colour of my hat?"

For what seemed like hours no one spoke. Finally he stood up and said, "The colour of the hat I am wearing is . . ."
A/H forever

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:51 pm

blue
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Mere Reflection

Postby Mere Reflection » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 am

How did you get blue? It's right, but its interesting to see how people get to answers.

And as you didn't leave a new riddle, I will *yay*

A man goes to sleep.
He wakes up in the middle of the night, has a slice of toast, turns off the light, and goes back to sleep.

He wakes up in the morning to discover that 120 people are dead and it's all his fault. How could this be?!
(it has something to do with the events of the night.
A/H forever

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:51 pm

He was a fireman, there was a fire that night, and a warning light thingie was going "warning! Warning! There's a fire!" but the guy turned it off. I don't know.

Griffar got the last riddle right.

Riddle:
Invincible man can and will do anything. He can kill you with a single glance, melt metal with his hands, and live in space without the need of a suit. You have been hired by the 'villan' of this story to take him out. You know that weapons won't hurt him in the slightest, nor will any 'alien metals' (aka: things like kryptonite) hurt him. On the day you are to take him out you meet him on the side of a street. How do you kill him?
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:How did you get blue? It's right, but its interesting to see how people get to answers.

And as you didn't leave a new riddle, I will *yay*

Blue just seemed the most logical answer to me. I figured most everyone would pick white (just because the riddle makes it seem like there must be a least one white hat in the mix) But riddles tend to have the answer opposite the answer than what a person would usually pick. So, naturally, I picked blue :)

And yeah I don't really post riddles much I just like trying to solve them, it's good for the mind :)

Mere Reflection

Postby Mere Reflection » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 am

Fair enough :lick:

Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:He was a fireman, there was a fire that night, and a warning light thingie was going "warning! Warning! There's a fire!" but the guy turned it off. I don't know.

Griffar got the last riddle right.

Riddle:
Invincible man can and will do anything. He can kill you with a single glance, melt metal with his hands, and live in space without the need of a suit. You have been hired by the 'villan' of this story to take him out. You know that weapons won't hurt him in the slightest, nor will any 'alien metals' (aka: things like kryptonite) hurt him. On the day you are to take him out you meet him on the side of a street. How do you kill him?

Fireman is not correct for the first one; he was
Spoiler:
a light house keeper. "turned off the light". A ship with 120 people aboard was coming in when he turned out the light and the boat crashed.

Um, reflect his eyes in a mirror?

Riddle:
A man was in a small town for the day, and needed a haircut. He noticed that there were only two barbers in town, and decided to apply a bit of logical deduction to choosing the best one. Looking at their shops, he saw that the first one was very neat and the barber was clean shaven with a nice haircut. The other shop was a mess, and the barber there needed a shave and had a bad cut besides. Why did the man choose to go to this barber?
A/H forever

optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name: Darius

Postby optiguy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Because the first barber must have had his hair cut at the second barber's shop, and since the second barber is hairy, it's assumed that number 1 isn't good enough to cut it. Therefore, the second barber is better.
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
-Rose Kennedy.

Mere Reflection

Postby Mere Reflection » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 am

Correct.

Greater than God;
More evil than the Devil;
The poor have it;
The rich need it;
If you eat it, you will die.
What is it?
A/H forever

Return to “City Central”