Do I have a 6th sense?

Current affairs and on-topic discussion goes here!
hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Re: Do I have a 6th sense?

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:17 am

It's like when you walk into an abandoned house and start hearing noises. You remember all the horror movie's you've watched, automatically put two and two together, and come to the conclusion that the noises are because of a ghost. Your sub-conscious is evil XD

I've only had dreams and stuff, but 2 nights ago the most paranoid thing happened. It was like 2:30am and I was about to go to bed, when I had this feeling like there was a spider or bug in my room. Naturally, I got the torch and looked for the mo-fo, but I didn't find anything. I ended up getting into bed and was listening to my ipod when I felt something crawling on me. I grabbed it, threw it at the wall and turned on the lights to discover the BIGGEST freaking cockroach you've EVER frigging seen. I killed it and went to sleep :).. But yeah, freaky.

@Bubbles, yeah I've had weird dreams as well, but like Multi, mostly those types of things only happen when I'm tired and about to go to sleep (like the other night).

OH!! I bet everyone has had the feeling that they're being watched?? I hate that, it freaks me out and I look like a psycho while I look around randomly for the creep XD
We all have a dark side...

Spoiler:
That awkward moment when someone says "hi" to you, and you reply with "I'm good"... -_-

That shite moment in an argument when you realise you are wrong...

That awesome moment when the teacher asks you a question, thinking you weren't being attentive. Then you answer it right, it's like "What now! WIN!!!"

That depressing moment when your mum scribbles on the award your school gave you in congratulations for all your hard work, just to get her stupid pen to work D':

But you love me XD

bluealice
Sprite
Real First Name: Alsacia

Postby bluealice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:32 pm

IzzyTehMuse wrote:I would suspect that you probably have better than average observation of patterns and trends. I'd wager that some do have a brain that readily picks up on patterns and then extrapolates them, giving rise to an idea of having a "6th sense."
First scenario: this one probably isn't so much observation of trends as it is luck. I'd be more inclined to be "wow!" if you predicted one of the other kids in the class. We have a tendency to pick ourselves (either first or last), so that's what I suspect is going on there. Luck plus your brain either being excited (I KNOW IT!) or fatalistic (It'll be me....-.-)

Second scenario: I'd need to hear more about the situation.

Third scenario: you seem to be a pretty avid gamer, so I suspect that your brain has probably picked up on the randomizing programs that may be in the game. Even if you hadn't been to that level before, there are only a certain number of combinations that occur, and if you have played enough, you most likely will pick up on where things "should" be according to the program. I know that when I've had some gaming marathons, that's kinda happened to me.

So, in short: yes and no. Yes, I'd suspect that your observation and pattern-sensing skills are better than average, but I'm not going to mark it down to something supernatural like esp. :]

I agree. You're smart Izzy
ZZZ

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur
Real First Name: Kat
AFC Fan Fiction Name: faeryenchanter

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 am

Just saying, but.... Don't dogs usually have a 6th sense?
All that jazz!

bluealice
Sprite

Postby bluealice » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 am

I have no idea. All I know is that humans are different from dogs, which means we have a different number of normal senses (which is 5) from dogs. We don't even know if dogs have 7 senses. :)
ZZZ

faeryenchanter^^
Centaur
Real First Name: Kat
AFC Fan Fiction Name: faeryenchanter

Postby faeryenchanter^^ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 am

7? What would be the seventh one? Teleportation?? :laughing:
All that jazz!

bluealice
Sprite

Postby bluealice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:32 am

Uhmm.. I dunno.. Just thinkin' out of curiosity... You'll get my point..
ZZZ

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:06 am

We actually have between 11-17 senses. (Neurologists have differing opinions on 6 of those senses, so depending on your school of thought we have 11 or 17)

So yes, you do have a 6th sense. And a 7th, 8th, 9th, possibly up to 17. 18 if you include your ability to sense and understand your own thoughts.
Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

Arty1995
Centaur

Postby Arty1995 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:27 am

I can do that and the same with others as well as read their thoughts through facial expressions they're pulling.
Eternity Awards - Strangest member, 2010, 2011
Eternity Awards - Most Changed member, 2011
Eternity Awards - Looovers <3 [DATA EXPUNGED], Conquer the world! 2012

bluealice
Sprite

Postby bluealice » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:35 am

cezen wrote:We actually have between 11-17 senses. (Neurologists have differing opinions on 6 of those senses, so depending on your school of thought we have 11 or 17)

So yes, you do have a 6th sense. And a 7th, 8th, 9th, possibly up to 17. 18 if you include your ability to sense and understand your own thoughts.

I agree with you cezen. I actually also had a research on that. :)
ZZZ

Return to “City Central”