Languages

Current affairs and on-topic discussion goes here!
evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name:Eden
Re: Languages

Postby evilopalrocks! » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

oh, yeah, today I relized that I (understand but don't really speak) aramic. (not arabic, aramic.) it's an anciant language that nobody speaks anymore!
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name:Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

oh, yeah, today I relized that I (understand but don't really speak) aramic. (not arabic, aramic.) it's an anciant language that nobody speaks anymore!
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

NerdGurl
Gremlin
Real First Name:Kaeli
AFC Fan Fiction Name:NerdGurl

Postby NerdGurl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:02 am

I am learning French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Irish, and Latin. Latin is probably the easiest for me. Every thing clicks! I'm homeschooled so I really weird. I really want to learn Greek so I can read my favorite myths in their original language. Then maybe Hebrew. Languages are so fun! :laughing:

artytwin
Pixie
Real First Name:Fatima

Postby artytwin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm reading my old comments here... I've really grown up... I live in Lebanon btw, and I dunno why I wouldnt say before (maybe it was my parents' constant lectures about the dangers of the internet)
As I said, I speak english and Arabic and I'm going to learn Spanish. I'd really like to learn Persian and Hebrew too! Sign language sounds so coooolioooo!
And by the way nerdgurl you're so amazing! So many languages!

GMontag
Swear Toad

Postby GMontag » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:55 pm

I speak English, Cantonese, and Mandarin (with a strong Cantonese accent), and at some point in my life spoke a bit of French. My most commonly used languages though are probably English, Matlab, and Python, with an occasional sprinkling of Java and Mathematica. It'd probably be a good idea to learn C++ and one of those newfangled web scripting things at some point, but I typically only learn new languages when I have to.

How's that for a language list? =P

Minervalover
Gremlin
Location:Hogwarts, Camp-Half Blood, T.A.R.D.I.S, Dauntless hedquarters, Asgard, Middle Earth, Haven, 221B.

Postby Minervalover » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:08 am

I speak English, Cantonese, and Mandarin (with a strong Cantonese accent), and at some point in my life spoke a bit of French. My most commonly used languages though are probably English, Matlab, and Python, with an occasional sprinkling of Java and Mathematica. It'd probably be a good idea to learn C++ and one of those newfangled web scripting things at some point, but I typically only learn new languages when I have to.

How's that for a language list? =P
woah. just woah. i already mix up the languages when i talk i would never manage if i were u
well as i am artytwin's sister i speak the same as her. english, arabic and a bit of french, but i don't like it :/
it's a bit complicated where we're from. let's just say we have three nationalities.

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name:Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:08 pm

it's a bit complicated where we're from. let's just say we have three nationalities.
I'm not even going to try to figure out how that's possible. Woah

I'm not sure if I've written in here before, but I speak English, Mandarin, Indonesian (badly), a bit of Hokkien slang, and I can read Arabic while not understanding a single word of it :lick:

Minervalover
Gremlin
Location:Hogwarts, Camp-Half Blood, T.A.R.D.I.S, Dauntless hedquarters, Asgard, Middle Earth, Haven, 221B.

Postby Minervalover » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:05 am

I'm not sure if I've written in here before, but I speak English, Mandarin, Indonesian (badly), a bit of Hokkien slang, and I can read Arabic while not understanding a single word of it :lick:
The funny thing is that sometimes when I'm reading Arabic in school I just keep on reading and the teacher starts asking questions and I'm here like 'what the hell that was just a jumble of words let me read it one more time.' I'm not that good in Arabic either. let me explain a bit: there is the original Arabic and slang Arabic. not just a few words like in english, the whole sentence and every word in slang. it's also complicated. like instead of saying a whole word you put one or two letters of the word. and where i live i have never met a person who speaks the original language than the people on the news. everyone speaks slang, and that's not a problem for me. but the original language is kinda hard. and that's why i do bad in Arabic at school
so basically, me either. (i get the words and know what they mean but like when I'm reading a whole text i don't know what the text is about)

Return to “City Central”