[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined index: 84
Announcement: February's Book! (Never Let Me Go) - Page 3 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Announcement: February's Book! (Never Let Me Go)

Come here to participate in the AFC book club! Talk about books other than Artemis Fowl with other book-loving members.
Skater Girl
Commander
Real First Name: Nastasha

Postby Skater Girl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:09 pm

Oh? Yeah, I know, it sounds like such a great book! I wish they had libraries here.... The books sold here suck. Well, not really, but they're usually buy-able in normal bookstores, where we sell Indonesian books. They always have and Imported Books section.

I mean, the young adults' novels are just a couple of shelves. And they're usually filled up majorly with Harry Potter, Clique series, lots of prints of ASoUE (but only a little bit of variation, if you get what I mean), Buffy, Meg Cabot, and all those stuffs. Hardly interesting. *sigh*

I may try to get a copy when I go to U.S.A--it's still months away, but I'm really excited, the others too, and we're already making plans! I think I'll make a list of "stuff I need to buy"...

EDIT'D LATER: Err, where is this "1001 books you must read before you die" thing? Is it a book?
"The sad truth...

Is that the truth is sad."

~ Lemony Snicket

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 am

Wow, I've got to find that book one day and read all the books before I die...

Sounds really interesting. I've heard of it before, but haven't actually seen it around.
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

silverphoenix
Elf

Re:

Postby silverphoenix » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Jangrafess wrote:It was released in 2005. Hardly old, is it?

And it's not that long either!

In addition to that, it's the latest entry in 1001 books you must read before you die.

I change my mind Jangrafess, it is actually pretty good now that I'm really getting into it. I didn't have enough time to really read it before. But now it's already the beginning of March! Oh well, better late than never.

P.S. I just assumed it was old because of the wording and all, sorry (not that I don't like old books). I realize that's just because it's set in the past. And I don't have a problem with the length either, I love long books!
"Did someone say Draco Malfoy?"

Diana
Ruler of the People

Re: Re:

Postby Diana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 am

silverphoenix wrote:P.S. I just assumed it was old because of the wording and all, sorry (not that I don't like old books). I realize that's just because it's set in the past. And I don't have a problem with the length either, I love long books!
Um... what wording are you talking about? o_O And have you actually read many books? Because if you've sampled a wide range of literature, I wouldn't think you'd see NLMG's wording as old-fashioned...
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

Return to “The AFC Book Club”