[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined index: 84
May's Book - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

May's Book

Come here to participate in the AFC book club! Talk about books other than Artemis Fowl with other book-loving members.
Nikita
Tweetie

May's Book

Postby Nikita » Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm

We're 10 days into May, and so far no one's posted a book...just wondering if the next book's been decided yet and if so what it is.
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Diana
Ruler of the People

Re: May's Book

Postby Diana » Sat May 12, 2007 12:54 am

Ack. Sorry, the beginning of May is finals time for me, and... yeah, it's kind of horrendous. But I'll be done on Sunday, and Jangra and I will pick a new book soon. *feels guilty*

If anyone wants to post suggestions here, feel free to do so. To make this a bit less chaotic than last time, everyone should make ONE suggestion that you really think is good - if we don't go with your suggested book keep it in mind for a later month.
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

MASTER I
Council Member

Postby MASTER I » Sat May 12, 2007 5:46 am

Don't feel guilty! I'm sure it's hard enough for you without having to organise this every month.

Okay, suggestion! I haven't read many stand-alone, not-mainstream books but I'm going to recommend A Child Called It this time. It's written by Dave Pelzer and is an autobiography. Unbelievably saddening.
"My tongue will tell the anger of my heart or else my heart concealing it will break and rather than it shall, I will be free even to the uttermost, as I please, in words."

"Talk not to me: I will go sit and weep
Till I can find occasion of revenge."

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sat May 12, 2007 5:30 pm

EDIT!! My mom went to the library and they were out of Orson's Women of genesis books, so she got me Treasure Box, also by him, which seems very good. It should totally be may's book. I think I'll read it now, except I have this big AP bio book to read before monday Razz.

I think we ought to read one of Orson Scott Card's Women of Genesis books. Why? Because he is an American author (the best, imho), and I need to read a book by an american author for english. So finally I hope to participate in a book club thing.

If not Orson, then perhaps Eye of the Elephant, by Mark and Delia Owens. Another book I need to read for class. It's sciency, so I think Gus would heart it. I hear it's more boring than their other book, Cry of the Kalahari, but what can I say? It's been assigned.

So far that's four options, I think. But if not any of those, I still have to read a book for government. Which I am panicking about, because I lost my list. I think I want to read about the CIA, or something. Unfortunately, whatever book I read, it has to be directly American Government. It'lll be extremely boring, but I'd rather this won book of the month than a book not on my list, because then I could participate.

~Lime Yay
Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Real First Name: Lucifer

Postby Immortal » Tue May 15, 2007 3:50 pm

The Seventh Tower? By Garth Nix. It might be too popular.

titanomega
Mud Man

Postby titanomega » Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm

There is this really excellent book called Storm Thief. Its written by Chris Wooding and its not too new nor too old. I recommend this book as May's Book.
Quantum Singularity: Its like a black hole but has a cooler name

Alex Fowl II
Swear Toad

Postby Alex Fowl II » Tue May 22, 2007 10:15 pm

What about the book "The Kingdom Keepers"? Anyone heard of it? It's a great book! Search it up on Wikipedia.
If you think that Nintendo is a WAY better and more qualitied (is that even a word?) video game company than Sony and Microsoft, please copy and paste this into your signature. - Alex Fowl II

Hooray! I've reserved my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestion... We'll keep them all in mind for June's book, as we've already picked May's book. Very Happy
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

Return to “The AFC Book Club”