Greetings

Need any help? Submit your request here and a moderator or administrator will respond within 48 hours.
Mozzie
Mud Man

Greetings

Postby Mozzie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Good evening, old comrades!

Just thought I'd pop by to make you aware of an irregularity of sorts. Paradoxically, it's something of a regular irregularity around here, but I think we can let that slide.

You see, just an hour or two ago I posted a poll. I was hoping to gague public opinion on a topic of casual interest to me. I was under the impression that such was the purpose of polls. Indeed! it is more than impression, for I am quite familiar with Internet polls.

Therefore, I think you can all imagine my surprise when, upon returning, I found that my poll - and the accompanying rhetoric - had mysteriously dissapeared. Someone less hesitant than I to bring into question the good character of others might dare to suggest that it had been deleted! I now feel the urge to end a few more sentences in italics.

Shock!

Horror!

Shame!

I'm sorry. I must retract that penultimate remark. No one could possibly accuse an AFC moderator of needlessly deleting posts they don't happen to like.

Therefore, as my Jack Johnson CD winds to an end with the words "it begins to fade... fade away", my question is very simple: Did it?

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Re: Greetings

Postby sharkie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am

The general reason for deleting the post was because it was a bit of a shitstirrer wasn't it?

Also it could be taken on some level to be bullying. I know that you have certain feelings towards some of the mods and admins but frankly a post which is created with the purpose of singling someone out as hated is, even if it's not intended to be, eventually going to end up causing bullying.

Understand- I'm not nessecarily even saying you were bullying (and the outcome could have been interesting) but it's something that would have inevitably led to some form of abuse which is unacceptable.

Don't think that the mod team isn't open to criticism. If you have any concerns about the way the mod team works or concerns about a specific member then, by all means, PM a member of staff. They will post the message in LEP HQ (XD) and we will talk about what to do about the problem.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh, great.

GROW UP.

Just when we thought you were going to leave the AFC Forum alone and stop trying to turn it into a microcosm of a George Orwell or Aldous Huxley novel, you come along and something like this.

So, yeah, as Sharkie said, your poll was typically you, generally trying to stir up trouble, wind people up and trying to incite some form of rebellion.

Synagogue
Pixie

Postby Synagogue » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Tbh, an Aldous Huxley style rebellion would take many years of conditioning, rather than an obvious poll. If I were going to try and change the forum like that, I'd be doing it via PMs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mozzie
Mud Man

Postby Mozzie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Matt wrote:Oh, great.

GROW UP.

Just when we thought you were going to leave the AFC Forum alone and stop trying to turn it into a microcosm of a George Orwell or Aldous Huxley novel, you come along and something like this.

So, yeah, as Sharkie said, your poll was typically you, generally trying to stir up trouble, wind people up and trying to incite some form of rebellion.

Oh please, Matthew, don't over-sell yourself. You're not exactly Orwellian. Speech-police, definitely; thought police... not so much. Your executions tend to be botched, as well.

And even if you were, you should be encouraging my endeavours. After all, the bad-guys tend to reign victorious in dystopias. (Perhaps not in the graphic novel versions. I dunno.)

Grow up!? Grow up! This is an Artemis Fowl forum!

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Then grow DOWN and stop trying to turn a discussion forum into a warzone.

End of conversation. (Or is that speech-policing?)

Return to “Help Requests”