Suggestions

Read the rules and site announcements here!
Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Suggestions

Postby Voldy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 am

Alright then... AFC has hit a rough patch, and we need your help to get us out of here.

We need opinions and suggestions about AFC. From anybody. We don't care if you've been around before the dinosaurs or if you just joined two seconds ago. We don't care if you have a gazillion posts or if you haven't posted yet. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, and we'll treat all opinions equally. What do you think we need to improve on? More importantly, how can we improve? What are we doing right? Go ahead, be as critical as you want. The only catch is that it must be constructive criticism. Not only is flaming unwanted, but it'll actually hurt AFC, and we all want to fix it, right?

Now, before you get started, there are two things that must be noted.

First of all, this is only a temporary measure. We hope to get a more permanent system for feedback in the future. For now, this thread serves as a quick and easy way for you to give us feedback, and a quick and easy way for us to see all the feedback in one place.

The other thing is about the suggestions themselves. Yes, we want suggestions, and we'd love to implement them. But we have to ask you to remember that we can't do everything. We might get some suggestions that simply aren't possible. If that's the case, please don't take it personal. We'll explain why it isn't possible, and maybe with enough discussion we can reach a compromise.

Anyway, with that all said, what are you waiting for? Come on in and tell us how we can improve AFC!

-The Moderating Team

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Re: Suggestions

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:59 am

Let me say that when I first got here my favorite thing to do was to debate even though lets face it I sucked and I still say some stupid things some times. I think sharkie would agree :P but anyways when I screwed up there were always a bunch of people on me telling me what I needed to inprove on even though it wasn't in the most appropriate manner (flamming). But the point was I got the point accross and was able to improve. I personally like things strict just because it keeps things orderly and in line. I'm all for looser justice (rules) but if we get to soft then it will simply turn the site rather sloppy. so be more lax but don't go to far on it.

Also I beleive that if we explain something to a "n00b" and yet they persist to do it regularly then you as moderators have a right to ban and or flame them.

suggestions hmmm. like I love to debate here because people are at a high educational level and aren't allowed to use large amounts of offensive words. Anyways debating is fun and yet there are hardly any people left to debate with because most have run off. sharkie hardly debates and bornsatin as simply I believe left.

Also on the new book club I think it would be a good Idea for the moderators to take part to support it. because the way it is right now they get maybe 4 book suggestions a month and maybe 2 actually read them. So what I'm trying to say is mods need to be more involved in site forums.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Will
Mud Man

Postby Will » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:36 pm

I just have one: Debating is a big part of AFC. Well not really but people love to do it. I think it should have its own forum again instead of being in City CentraL.

fowl111
Apprentice Genius
Real First Name: Eoin

Postby fowl111 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:04 pm

How about a weekly debate on subjects voted on by members of the forums?

newnar2004
Atlantean
Real First Name: Zhou

Postby newnar2004 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:30 am

I don't think weekly works, wew seriously should have a single debate forum.

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:20 pm

We do. It's underneath the entertainment forum. It's called 'The Debate Forum'.
ImageImageImageImageImage

nbonaparte1
Pixie
Location: Universe, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Orion Arm, Sol System, Earth, Aboveground, USA, Florida

Postby nbonaparte1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:14 am

I think what Newnar means is a full-blown section, ex. "Haven", "Fowl Manor", "Manor Grounds", etc.

Maybe not that major...

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 am

well if he did it's not gonna happen
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:52 pm

we need more emticons there isnt even a sarcastic one here! I love that one! Its my fave... *sniff*

Seriously, we DO need more interesting emoticons and also can the size limit for avatars be bigger? It took me a long while to find one i liked AND that fitted.

And finally I think we need a thread that explains in detail the meanings of web slang and FF slang like OOC and mary-sue I didnt know what a lot of these were for a long while and was too afraid to ask someone incase i looked stupid/nooby

For a long time I thought AU meant the author was australian or it had somehting to do with australia and i also felt really proud because there much more AU fanfics than UK or US fanfics and i was like "Woot Woot! Go aussies! We write more fanfics than the americans do!"

Then i realised it meant Alternate Universe. Boy did i feel liek and idiot. This wouldn't have happpened if there was some sort of easily accessable dictionary around.

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 pm

It helps to read noob threads, and to find new smilies click "View More Smilies".
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Postby Griffar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:45 am

This isn't much of a suggestion, more a request. I would like to see some moderators do some RPing. I heard someone in the RPG section say they would like to see your style. Anyway, I know a lot of you a students and don't have much spare time for that, let alone run this site, [i]while[/i] keeping up with school work.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Um, if none of the mods have an interest in RPing, why should they? Just because there is an RP forum and we manage it, it doesn't mean we ourselves are interested in it.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Centaurboi2 wrote:It helps to read noob threads, and to find new smilies click "View More Smilies".

OMFG

SO IT DOES

WOW

I'm with Hot N Spicy here, I did NOT know that
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

jibjab0
Gremlin

Postby jibjab0 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 am

i think after a topic is locked it should be delited at some point, because i pretty much live on the arcade forum and if you look there there is a solid 2 and a half pages of locked forums no one so much as looks at.

also i think that the arcade and the AF forum games should be convined and made into its own forum called games, i just think it would make it much easyer, mostly because the arcade sub forum is a very popular sub forum and accounts for the majority of the veiws in the square. if it cannot be it's own forum you could at least convine the two sub forums, please.

oh and one more thing, can you guys fix the post count or is that a problem with soft wear, the proble is to the right of my post it says i have only 24 posts but if you go to this link

search.php?author_id=2729&sr=posts

witch is my total post count witch you can find by going threw the user control panal, it says i have 190 posts, i know i dsen't relly mater but i dont like people calling me a noob because i dont have over 30 post and useing that to beat me in a debate

(i.e. well what do you know you only have, like, 20 posts, like,) w
well not exactly like that but you get the pictore
Last edited by Kitsy on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posting.

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 am

Post count isn't increased in The Arcade because it's not a forum that contributes to anything...

Return to “The Gates”