Right guys, special announcement time! **READ**

Read the rules and site announcements here!
Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Right guys, special announcement time! **READ**

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:52 am

Hey guys,

It's hard to say this, extremely hard in fact, but it appears that a lot of the moderator and administrator team, myself included, are finding it extremely hard to devote time and love to AFC like we did in the before-time, in the long-long ago.

AFC appears to be dying slightly. Not in the member numbers, not in your activity, but I'm afraid to say it, but if the moderator/administrator team dies away, AFC will in time.

So, I'm sure you guys can see where this is going. We need a new team, a load of new, fresh (and younger) faces to takes the reigns, to give AFC a much needed boost of love and attention. We'll keep it simple for now, but, if you have anything to contribute, whether it be time/experience to devote to moderating, technical experience (IE XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL for the main site or the forum) or experience in running a forum, and wish to help AFC out, please PM me. I WILL still be around, for years to come, but I can't afford the time anymore to sheer maintenance and running of the site.

Jobs Needed:
- XHTML(or HTML), CSS, PHP, MySQL (or any) programmers.
- Journalists (IE, people to write and post news stories to the main site and forum)
- Moderators
- An Administrator
- And any other jobs you think AFC could do with!

Perks:
- Well, most of you know that I'm personally in contact with Mr Eoin Colfer himself, via e-mail, along with knowing the administrator of Eoin's official site and having some contacts in Penguin. So, if you're on the team, you have a chance of inheriting these priveledges, which, as you can imagine, comes along with a lot of other perks too... ;)

So come on guys, PM me if you can help!

Best and love and all that,
Matt!

Raineesun
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny
Real First Name: Bethy c:

Re: Right guys, special announcement time! **READ**

Postby Raineesun » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 pm

I'll think as hard as I can! *almost cries at the thought of losing AFC*
Ugh, good luck Matt. (EVERYONE THIIINK!)
Ones that could hope to change anything
Are ones who could bear to abandon anything
Without bearing any risk at all
How could you hope to attain anything?
Victory to the charging slaves!
Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen ~ Attack on Titan
signature credit: ~tammypain

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 am

Just to reiterate:

AFC will NEVER disappear, not until either Armageddon, a huge, ridiculous server crash that just wipes everything completely clean (which hasn't happened in the 5 years we've been online and certainly never will), or I become so, so poor that I can't even afford the hosting.

We'll plough on through, I'll still always be here to run stuff in the background(ish) and all new staff members will get contact information for me, to reach me at any time (inc. Mobile/Cell phone etc.)

Come on guys, no matter what you think you can do, it'll help! We've had some fantastic ideas and offers, so keep em' raining in!

:D

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm

I don't know how your whole mod system works here, but I can tell you how it works on another forum I am a member of. Whenever they need a new mod, because an old mod drops out or for some other reason, they "promote" a member to the position of mod. Now, the new mod does not get paid or anything, but is in charge of keeping the members in line, reinforcing the rules, closing threads when need be, and stuff like that. They new mod is a member who has never been banned, one who follows the rules, and is know for outstanding behavior.

If that helps at all great! If not, sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to suggest.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:45 am

*sniffsniff* We'll miss you, Matt and the whole mod team! *tears up*
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 am

Again WE ARE NOT LEAVING we are just all either upperclassmen in high school/in College/Uni or working a job, or both. We just don't have as much time or motivation. We need some new Spunk on the mod team or bringing fresh content to main site :)

We'll still be around with our established mod system and here to give advice to the newbies. We'd just like a few "kids" that have some more time on their hands that can help out. So if that's you, jump on, it's a great team and a fun experiece. :shiny:
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 pm

bluesunrise wrote:I don't know how your whole mod system works here, but I can tell you how it works on another forum I am a member of. Whenever they need a new mod, because an old mod drops out or for some other reason, they "promote" a member to the position of mod. Now, the new mod does not get paid or anything, but is in charge of keeping the members in line, reinforcing the rules, closing threads when need be, and stuff like that. They new mod is a member who has never been banned, one who follows the rules, and is know for outstanding behavior.

If that helps at all great! If not, sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to suggest.

We don't get paid either. XD But yeah, that's pretty much what we do.

And yeah, we aren't leaving. It's just that at this particular moment in time, some of us are incredibly busy and not able to devote as much time to AFC as we used to. Some of us will be more active than others, depending on our RL workload and stuff, but yeah, we're not leaving the site. YOU WON'T GET RID OF US THAT EASILY XD

Mrs Opal Fowl
Elf
Real First Name: Erika

Postby Mrs Opal Fowl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:48 am

Oh well, sad times. Wish you guys luck. SEE YA! Now time for me to be a mod.
Just kidding! :D

I agree with Matt. Even the old members from last year are gone. I was pretty new then, but I've gotten to know them. Now this place is swarming with newbs and n00bs. Sad indeed.

Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Real First Name: Lucifer

Postby Immortal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Good luck to those who take the reins of AFC. Too many members have left or become massively inactive (myself amongst them) Hopefully AFC can shine again.

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:30 pm

I suspect that activity will ramp up quite a bit as we get closer to the release of TAC.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:51 am

Activity doesn't actually seem to be a problem at the moment. For the time of year and considering there's a big space between the books, the site is quite active.

It's more about the fact that some of the moderators (including myself) are finding it hard to find the time to moderate.

It could be helped by people remembering to keep subjects on topic and all that- cut the job. Particuarly AFTalk, that area of the site still gives me the shivers which is really bad considering that it is an Artemis Fowl forum.

people that frequent there PLEASE think about how you could improve the content of your posts. DOn't have conversations there.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Alanna-Lena Zelen
Gremlin

Postby Alanna-Lena Zelen » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:57 am

*faints* I knew it! Shame I don't have the rep I have on FG here; but good luck to those who know they can take up the job.

"Lady" Alanna of the FanGathering foums:
Where's the tea?
I must warn you, I AM an assassin.

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 am

You knew what, exactly? XD

I feel like people keep thinking this means we're leaving AFC, when we aren't...XD

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 am

TAC... oh right, the seventh. I really need to get on here more to stay on top of things.

I'm glad that the original mod team won't be leaving... or else it'll be lonely and boring here on AFC. :(

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Actually I think by TAC he was referring to the Graphic Novel Version of The Arctic Incident :)
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Return to “The Gates”