ASK EOIN COLFER A QUESTION! Closing date 26/12! UPDATED!

Read the rules and site announcements here!
keykoartemisminerva
Cave Troll
Re: ASK EOIN COLFER A QUESTION! Closing date 26/12! UPDATED!

Postby keykoartemisminerva » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Dearest Mr. Eoin Colfer,

My name is Tessa and sir, you are the GREATEST WRITER OF THIS AGE!!! Artemis Fowl, and it's sequels, has been my favorite book and book series since the 3rd grade of primary school!!! (Artemis Fowl is STILL my favorite book, and I'm in the 9th grade...) I have so many questions, but first, I am your biggest fan! Though it may be disputed, its true... And though I've been a horrible person and missed your local appearances in Seattle (*sob*) it is my Lifelong DREAM to meet you!

Embarassing gushing aside, here are some of my burning questions:

~When will FOX OS become available to everyone? What's the password? Is there really such a thing?

~Though the Artemis Fowl series is to end after the next book, do the twins grow into cunning little masterminds as well?

~Does Minerva's story end with the Twitter about her new "friend" in the Alps? Does she come back??!?!?

~The movie! Even vague details about the who, when, where, and how would be much appriciated...
(Also, when are the auditions? Just kidding, just kidding...)

~Will new characters be introduced? If so are they genii also?

~WHAT HAPPENED TO OPAL!!!!???

~When is the next book to be due?

~Will there ever be a place to buy Official Artemis Fowl Merchandise? I think all fans are tired of being forced to craft together their own...

~Will Artemis ever return to his old self?!?!?!?!?!? (The original not mentally damaged state?!?!?!?)

~And finally... Any hints about what might happen in the last book?!?!?!?

Thank you for allowing people the time for an interview, when I am sure you have so much to do with your own children and books to write. Please excuse my grammar, punctuations, and excited approach to ask so many questions.

I hope to see you soon!

~Tessa
(Your biggest fan!)

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:40 am

My name is Ridima. Ri-thee-ma.(thee as in the archaic "thee")

Are we going to get any info on Holly's dad?
Are you planning to write any spinoffs?
Do you plan on bringing in a new villain or anybody else alongside Opal in the new book?
Last edited by Purple_Enigma on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'
From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

xlr801
Gremlin

Postby xlr801 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Dear Mr. Colfer,

My name is Kila, which is pronounced as "Kee-la" and yes, I'm a guy. :laughing:
You opened up my eyes to the wonderful world of books. The Artemis Fowl series is amazing. It just keeps getting better with each book. I thank you for giving the whole world reading material as entertaining as yours. :loveeyes:

Now, the questions:

*When will the new AF book be released?
*How about a little, even a teensy, tiny, plot to Book 7?
*Are there any new details for the movie?
*I know this may sound as a stupid question, but can you imagine and tell us what you think Artemis' life would be if he didn't know about the People?

And that's all I can actually think of now, so thanks for the time you're giving to do this! :laughing:
"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists intact is to realize two out of three ain't bad, ain't bad."

"Spoiler thingies are for spoilers ONLY."

dede803
Cave Troll

Postby dede803 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Dear Mr. Eoin Colfer,

First of all, everyone wants to know . . . .
MOVIE????

Is the next Artemis Fowl book you write going to be the last one? For sure the last one? Or do you think you might change your mind and conjure another one and surprise us all in like 10 years?

Is Minerva ever going to come back into the picture? I mean it was just left hanging there at the end of the Lost Colony.

Is there going to be any new characters in the next book, major or not very major??

What about the Fox OS? Is there really a password, if so you should give it to us! I promise you, we've tried EVERYTHING!

Artemis Fowl merchandise?? I would love to buy some!! I'm tired of making my own stuff, though it is fun.
Thanks for reading,
Delaney
:laughing:

blunders
Cave Troll

Postby blunders » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:44 am

My first name is Aria.
I wanted to ask when the eternity code graphic novel is likely to come out.

Jenni_Koboi
Atlantean
Real First Name:Jenni

Postby Jenni_Koboi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:54 am

Okay, I've already posted my question, and a second post begging you amazing people to give it to Mr. Colfer, this post is just to make sure that my name is known: It's Jennifer Marie Vail, hailing from Los Angeles, California!

just so u know. k
"Let us conclude that the fairy folk do exist and I am not a gibbering moron." -Artemis Fowl II
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message." -The Joker
"Try and try again, until lambs become lions...It means never give up." -Robin Hood
"Keep Moving Forward." -Walt Disney

Jenni_Koboi
Atlantean
Real First Name:Jenni

Postby Jenni_Koboi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:57 am

Dear Mr. Colfer,

*How about a little, even a teensy, tiny, plot to Book 7?
Book 7 came out in July 2010...it's called Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex where Artemis contracts a mental illness while trying to work on the biggest project of his life, but then an enemy from Holly Short's past comes back and tries to you know...do bad things.

since u wanted to know about the plot
"Let us conclude that the fairy folk do exist and I am not a gibbering moron." -Artemis Fowl II
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message." -The Joker
"Try and try again, until lambs become lions...It means never give up." -Robin Hood
"Keep Moving Forward." -Walt Disney

silverfairy
Tunnel Blue Spider
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Diana

Postby silverfairy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:15 pm

opalkaboi u are down right evil!! :laughing: no author likes making mistakes and if his editors didnt catch it.. well he has really slow editors!! hahaha! but nice catch I'm pretty sure everyone can find flaws in Artemis's remarks about certain things. like greek mythology *angry face* (huge mythology geek)

Anyway.. Hi Mr. Colfer! My names Baylee (You pronounce it as you see it bay- lee)
My question is: Will you pull a JK Rowling and kill off every other character in the series in the last book?

MinniePie
Pixie
Real First Name:Kara
Location:La La Land! OMG It is a wonderful place there! u should go there some time

Postby MinniePie » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 am

Hello Mr Colfer,
My name is Kara. I was the one that asked you the question in St. Louis if Artemis was single, if you remember I know you have alot on your plate that day. Ok, so i have another question. What's Minerva's Boyfriends name????? I REALLY want to know that!

Sincerly
Kara
Peace, Love, and Freedom. that is the meaning of life... (i think?)

Hello how's your day *giggles*
Spoiler:
:) :lick: :> :laughing: I can make a smily change it's charactar!!!! is that cool or what!! Oh My Gosh your looking at me. *should i be scared?????*
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Eos
Cave Troll

Postby Eos » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:17 am

Okay,
Dear Author of Epic Win.
Enough of the bad openings (though I meant it!), I might as well make this short and just get to the point!
Question Time....
1. Is there any chance of Holly and Artemis as a couple?
2. Leading on from that last question.... Will that Holly/Artemis thing be resolved in book 8?
3. Any cures for writers block? (I know for many of us that block quickly resolves itself into a wall in a Swiss bank. Although we know the Font of Everlasting Ideas lies behind it, we, fortunately, are not Artemis and so cannot find a fiendishly fiendish method of breaking in).
4. How long do the People generally live?
5. If Artemis could tap into magic properly (using that section of the brain mentioned in The Lost Colony), could he gain the People's longevity?
6. Will the Artemis tour come home to Ireland? (This is from an Irish fan)

My name, since it's required, is Emily.

Thanks Mr. Colfer for your devious plot twists, heart wrenching scenes and rollickingly good laughs!
All that is gold does not glitter....
You won't find faith or hope down a telescope, You won't find heart or soul in the stars.
You can break everything down to chemicals but you can't explain a love like ours....

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Matt

Postby Matt » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:41 pm

We're now closed for questions! Will be sending them off later on this evening or tomorrow! Thanks to everyone who submitted!

Return to “The Gates”