Guys guys guys!
I intend to soon launch "The AFC Newsroom" - a secret hive in the forum where a couple of AFC journalists will reside, writing and publishing news stories onto the main site, the forum and the social networking sites we use. The main page will be getting a complete revamp soon, so the news is going to become a big part of the AFC fandom (and believe it or not, Penguin might start using our news feed soon...)
I'm struggling for time at the moment to keep the site running, plan this year out and do a lot of other stuff, so I'm looking to get two journalists to help. This is how it will work: Whenever I get new information, I'll package it up and reference it, put it in a new topic in the new 'AFC Newsroom' forum, and then the journalists can write the stories and publish to the Forum/Site.
For being an AFC Journalist, you will, of course, get privileges. Journalists will get:
- Access to The Newsroom.
- New Topic Posting permission in "The Gates"
- A custom rank name of "AFC Journalist" (if requested)
- Posting Access to the News on the main site.
- Access to a Hootsuite/TweetDeck account so that they can post announcements to Facebook/Twitter.
- Access to the Tumblr page.
- After the first 20 official news stories have been posted (or after 3 months of service), the two journalists will gain access to the Shiny Room for services rendered. They can also get, if they would like, a handwritten letter detailing their achievements and services to the site to append to any CVs or references.
Please PM applications to myself.
To apply, you MUST have:
- A minimum of 4 months membership .
- Good quality posts (in terms of grammar and writing style)
- A minimum age of 14.
To apply to be an AFC news journalist, please fill out the following form. The final task is to write a news story based on the following information (which has been made up).
Disney have announced that the Artemis Fowl movie will be released during summer of 2012, will be starring Aidan Mitchell as Artemis and Jason Statham as Butler. The film will closely resemble the book but a surprise ending has been added.
News Article (in around 200 words):