How'd you get your username?

A place to chill out and chat. No meaningless messages though!
Foaly
Sprite
How'd you get your username?

Postby Foaly » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:20 am

We had this topic in the old forum I think. Anyway, My username is kinda obvious, so I will have fun xplaining my nickname.

Well I was on this soccer team, and me and this other girl had the same name, and it was quite confusing. So people started calling me by my last name, and it stuck. So I come here and we're all making up nicknames, and I say I'm called Seal. But that was boring, so someone (Scamp maybe??) said "Sealy the Blubberfish" so I took that and the short version is "Sealy". Well there you go. The story of my life. Not really, but thats okay. So, how did ya'll get your username/nickname?
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out" - Rodney Dangerfield
CLICKY!!!!!
|s|o|c|c|e|r| - my anti-drugThat's football! Football I say! -Jangra. I got here before Kitty. *leaves cakes*
But I send MORE LUFF! *luffs*
4 8 15 16 23 42

Scampiono
Mud Man

Postby Scampiono » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 am

Ah, that wasen't me! Wish it was though XD
Mine? Do ya REALLY wanna know? FINE, you've dragged it outta me!
Ok, so everyone knows that I'm a HP nut, right? Well, I used to Roleplay myself on a HP forum when I was 12. And my animagus was a squirrel. I noticed I used the word 'scamper' a lot, so I just thought, "hey! My nickname shall be Scamp!" Then my friend Jenny continuously called me Scampiono, so it stuck *dances* I love it! It's so me ^^
Join my Sky High RPG website! =D - http://www.skyhype.proboards101.com

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Matt

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:24 am

You don't have to ask me that... as Colfer would say, it's a real no-brainer.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 pm

I bet no one can guess where mine came from!

But maybe I'll explain my nick-name which really has no background story at all.

I think it happened either when Juliet was welcoming me or vice versa and she said we could call her anything. So I said even popstickle? And she said yes. Then she gave me a nick-name, being Onion Ring because it was the most random two words ever to eb thought of.
And hence I became: Lady Onion Ring
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 pm

My username is just my real name (Hannah) translated into Tolkien Elvish. :P It's not the most original username in the world, but it works.
I was nicknamed Iddy waaaay back in... I want to say 2003... when we first got the internet, and the name was given to me by... someone, but I don't remember who... from a Lord of the Rings AOL message board I used to frequent at.
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Image Image Image
Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:49 pm

You all know I'm obsessed with HP, you my username "voldy92" shouldn't be that hard to find out...Voldemort-->voldy. '92's my birthyear.

As for my nickname...I don't have one. :P Oh, wait, except the one Holly Short gave me, "Goooey Pizza", because she asked me what my favorite food was, and I told her that it depends on my mood, and that sometimes, for example, I can love pizza, but other times I'm disgusted by its oiliness and gooeyness. So the name stuck.

Other than that...Everyone here just calls me voldy. *shrugs*

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:55 pm

I had a nickname, I think it was *coughs* Porky the Forky? But besides that I am refered by username please. And my friends call me a name that annoys teh hell out of me, so sshhhhhhh!!!! :P

Hoonah*
Pixie

Postby Hoonah* » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Mine, as most of you know, is a character from my Mom's book, who is half eagle, half human(an Eagle Spirit) and has wings and feathers for hair. Hoonah is also an Inuit(I think?) village in Alaska and means "Village by the Ciff."

It is sort of an inside thing with Mom and I, as she uses another Eagle Spirit as her online alias(Aenon) and we call them our eagle names. It is kind of like we are those characters...or, sorta...claimed them. To Mom...I am Hoonah...which is awesome for me. Oh...and it works out, because Hoonah is Aenon's daughter. Ok...I do not have to tell you the whole book so I am going to shush, now.

I do not have a nickname from Holly, yet... :(
I am/will/a/an/the:

<><Jesus><>,

Lordess Hoonah of the OMGIMTFRGA club

Accidental Typo

Resident RPG expert

Encase all of your pocket change in Lime Green Jell-O

Dominate the world with an army of mini robotic decorative knights constructed of melted tin foil, armed with curling ribbon

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:57 pm

Hoonah: http://forum.artemis-fowl.com/viewtopic.php?p=2494#2494

there you go. I intend to record all the nick-names.

And one question, why is there a * next to your name?
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Hoonah*
Pixie

Postby Hoonah* » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Well...for the Third Day fanclub(the Gomers), you get to make up a Gomer name. I started out as Hoonah Gomer. Then...I changed my email address. Well...there was then no way to change your email in your Gomer profile, so I had to create a new Gomer name...so I just added an asterik. Well...after that I joined the 3D boards and, like most people, used my Gomer name as my board name. Then...I started using my Gomer name as my board name on other boards...as well as for the reasons in my former post...so I became Hoonah*. Plus...I just like how to asterik looks. Gives it a unique look, sorta.

Oh...I had to change my Gomer name again, so now I am *Hoonah*Gomer, because my Gomer name must include Hoonah...it is all part of a strategy to somehow get meet and greet tickets and then have Brad(the guitarist) ask me what my Gomer name means(we get Gomer tee shirts and write our Gomer names on them and wear them to 3D concerts) like he did my Mom and therefore start a conversation with him... :P
I am/will/a/an/the:

<><Jesus><>,

Lordess Hoonah of the OMGIMTFRGA club

Accidental Typo

Resident RPG expert

Encase all of your pocket change in Lime Green Jell-O

Dominate the world with an army of mini robotic decorative knights constructed of melted tin foil, armed with curling ribbon

smallhobbit
Pixie
Real First Name:Hannah

Postby smallhobbit » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:01 pm

I belive I explaned this on the old forums, but since there's more people, and I think I've sort of changed it in my head by a little bit, so I'm just going to retype it.

For any of you who have read LotR, you can tell that my username comes from a type of charater from it. (hobbit) This is because I first read Fellowship in sixth grade and desided to use that for a email account. (hobbit 'cause I like hobbits and small 'cause they're small. I'm actually about 5'5") Before that, I had used a number of really uncreative things.(manly using the word girl.)
It's time I've started coming back here more often.

Insanty-It's a family thing.

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:48 pm

Anyone who's read Greek and Roman mythology will get my name... Artemis is the Greek goddess of hunting and the moon. Diana is the Roman goddess of hunting and the moon. So, since Artemis is both my favorite character in AF, and my favorite Greek goddess, I thought I'd use the name, only be slightly original and change it to the Roman version. :D
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

Hello
Elf

Postby Hello » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:27 pm

There's not much to say about my nickname (smiley) I started using it last year, because I smile too much. My theater teacher is always mad at me about this because it's not real great if you're grinning when you're trying to play something sad. :P
and about my username, Hello, some of you might know about it but I'll say it again ^.^ my real name is Héloïse, my friends call me Hélo, and every-single-morning they have to say '' Hello Hélo'' :roll: so now I'm Hello ^_^
What is the answer to life, the universe and everything? CHEESE!
Don't click! (You've been warned...)

hunter_fantasy
Goblin

Postby hunter_fantasy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:34 pm

Well...hunter was derived from AF context, u know, artemis the huntress, (but hunter in the book~=D) and fantasy's just always been an appealing word of mine..for some mysterous reason.
*+Fantasize+*

h_short
Commander

Postby h_short » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:04 pm

i didnt get on alot in the old ones so i for got my user name! :P

Return to “The Square”