Your most HATED fictional character *Warning:Hatred Ahead!*

A place to chill out and chat. No meaningless messages though!
Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Real First Name: Lucifer

Your most HATED fictional character *Warning:Hatred Ahead!*

Postby Immortal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:03 am

To me, there are fictional Sues I detest. i.e Minerva
Then there are characters I dream about killing, such as the beaver from HP, and it's thingy of a male friend.
Finally, there are those characters that I don't merely hate, but actually make me loathe so much that it spills over into RL. Meet the horse faced ...whatever I want to say about her would be censored in quite a few places in the known universe. And no, it's NOT Petunia. It's in HP, has red hair, is one year younger than the title character.
Spoiler:
I hate her so much I lurk at a forums dedicated to hate towards that fugly piece of..the rules of the forum is to hate her. It's got threads on her idiocy, threads on facfics that describe killing her, hold an annual fanfic event to kill her, has spur of the moment threads on her death, has threads on her actor's...nature. Heck, there is a mod there whose username is DIE GINNY DIE, there are even theories on how much brain damage Harry suffered to marry her. I think that the amount of posts dedicated to hating her is nearly the size of the Arcade on AFC.

/hateful rant over. I just re-read DH and had to type this. :blush:

EDIT : I flipped out a bit there..sorry.

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Re: Your most HATED fictional character *Warning:Hatred Ahead!*

Postby crystal_clear » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:04 pm

I don't often tend to hate characters...but if there was ever one character that I wanted to track down and run over with a semi-truck that character was Minerva Paradizo. That is as far as I'll go into it though because I'm not actually on a computer right now and it would take a long time.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Minerva Paradizo's close to the top of my list of least favorite characters, but I don't know if there's anyone I really hate....

OH WAIT YES THERE IS.

EVERYONE FROM THE BOOK HARD TIMES by Charles Dickens. Most of all that ugly jerk Bounderby. Hate his character and all that he represents and the way that he was written. Terrible, TERRIBLE book. And Bounderby was the worst of them all.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean
Real First Name: Harlan

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 am

Every single character from Twilight, to start. I'm also extremely hateful toward Wolverine and Venom of Marvel Comics (Venom somewhat less since the recent Spider-Man cartoon has a version of the character I can't bring myself to hate).

Hmm...Minerva from AF, I guess. She's horribly Mary Sue, but a part of me wishes she stuck around.

I'm also not a fan of Vegeta from Dragonball...or any of the Z era villains who aren't Majin Buu.

Majin Buu's awesome, though.
"All things are true. Few things are accurate."-Greg Weisman

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 am

yep all of the twillly characters except for jacob but mainly just from pity because bella was a total b**ch to him and then he ended up getting the mary-sue daughter (honestly she has all the strengths of vampires but not weaknesses and even has an exotic and original name euchh REN-ES-MEE)

i dont really hate minerva paradizo mailny because shes left artemis alone for a while

and yes definitely ginny i hate her as much as you do immortal and what is that forum? mind PMing the link to me?

OH OH OH i almost forgot
Anthony horowitz has only ever written two main female characters and both were mary-sues to the extreme

Sabina Pleasure (i know WTF? PLEASURE?)
and Scarlett Adams

EEWWW thats all im gonna say
Spoiler:
At Sunday Mass four Catholic mothers were chatting amiably.
The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him "Father."
The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, people call him, "Your Grace."
The third Catholic mother says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say, "Your Eminence."
The fourth Catholic woman stays quiet , the first three women give her this subtle, "Well?"
So she replies, "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2", hard-bodied dancer. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh my God!"

OMG! CLICK ON THE SPOILER TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE AFCER I RAN INTO IN THE PARK!!! OUT SIDE THE INTERNET!!!

I think his expression shows he is thinking philosophical thoughts.
Spoiler:
ITS OPTIGUY!

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Postby Venom Wolf » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am

Probably Minerva Paradizo. I was so disappointed with her. Colfer's made great female characters before: Juliet, Holly, Meg Finn. How did he screw up on this one?!

Ginny, (HP) I don't hate as much, but I dislike her. She confused me with a complete character change. This is probably really dumb, but because she was such a quiet character in the first 3 books and didn't seem hang around her brothers that much, it was a bit odd to see her as this tomboy with attitude problems. And the random bat bogey hex master thing and being the 7th daughter of a 7th son or something. I didn't think she was well developed at all.

Edward (from Twilight) is annoying and he's too stupidly handsome and perfect and annoying. The whole idea of sparkly vampires is made of fail from the start. He also shows traits of an abusive boyfriend, as described in the link below.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/recycle-bin/edward-cullen-abusive-boyfriend-eclipse-spoilers/t.26745143/

I don't like Claire from heroes, because she has the same trust problems with her dad over and over again. I find her to be a pretty boring character.

I found Misa from Deathnote really annoying as she simply doesn't fit the series, which is centred between the battle between Light and L. It was mainly her voice and airhead character that annoyed me the most.

Metronome
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Winners

Postby Metronome » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:49 am

I seemed to be the only person who *doesn't* hate Minerva Paradizo around here... =D *Watches everyone hold tomatoes at the ready*

Edward is probably my most hated character out of any book (GARY-STUE anyone?) BECAUSE HE IS A CONTROL FREAK, and as Venom Wolf pointed out is WELL on the way to becoming Abusiveboyfriend of the year.

Also, I have to question that fact that practically every chapter has a description of eyes/OTHER physical atrributes. WTF. yes he has yellow eyes we get it, he is the perfect specimen of manhood, WE GET IT.

Really the book would be half its size if the editors cut every paragraph that pays homage to his eyes (beautiful, sparking, baby-urine-golden pools of infinity that they are)

Spoiler:
Not the mention that HE GAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND BRUISES after they did the dirty deed on their 'honeymoon'. Hmm, Don't you just wish sparkle!cullen was your spouse/partner/significant other. Yeha didn't think so

To his credit I thought Patterson did a fantastic protrayal of Edward in the movie, Kudos to his acting prowess.
-MetroGnome
http://shillingly.blogspot.com>>Shameless self-promotion
http://themaximumride.proboards80.com>>

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Postby Venom Wolf » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

Funnily enough this is what Patterson actually thinks about the books:

"When you read the book," says Pattinson, looking appropriately pallid and interesting even without makeup, "it's like, 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself.' I mean, every line is like that. He's the most ridiculous person who's so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn't do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that's how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he's a 108-year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there........I was convinced that Stephenie was convinced that she was Bella, and ... it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her — her sort of sexual fantasy about some — especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that ... I was just convinced that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation. And I sometimes ... feel uncomfortable reading this thing, and I think a lot of people feel the same way, that it's kind of voyeuristic ... It creates this sick pleasure in a lot of ways."

http://io9.com/5096763/twilight-makes-for-the-best-fanwank-ever

Bookworm-ilovebooks
Commander
Real First Name: Maggie

Postby Bookworm-ilovebooks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:43 am

Ok any one ealse hate cindrella. I mean how meny times did she have the chance to tell her step mother to take that broom and shove it somewhere painful.
I really hate all prinsesses from fairy tales. there so helpless and the haved to be saved. when most of them could save themselfs.
[color=#8000FF]There are a million things people will do for five dollars, but there are only five things they won’t do for a million.

Always expect the worse, no matter what, you won’t be disappointed.
[color]

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean
Real First Name: Harlan

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:41 am

Bookworm-ilovebooks wrote:Ok any one ealse hate cindrella. I mean how meny times did she have the chance to tell her step mother to take that broom and shove it somewhere painful.
I really hate all prinsesses from fairy tales. there so helpless and the haved to be saved. when most of them could save themselfs.

To be fair, it's arguable that Cinderella grew up in an abusive household and likely had her self esteem beaten out of her whether emotionally or physically.
"All things are true. Few things are accurate."-Greg Weisman

Metronome
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Winners

Postby Metronome » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:36 am

Venom Wolf wrote:Funnily enough this is what Patterson actually thinks about the books:

"When you read the book," says Pattinson, looking appropriately pallid and interesting even without makeup, "it's like, 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself.' I mean, every line is like that. He's the most ridiculous person who's so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn't do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that's how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he's a 108-year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there........I was convinced that Stephenie was convinced that she was Bella, and ... it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published, like reading her — her sort of sexual fantasy about some — especially when she says that it was based on a dream, and it's like, "Oh, then I had a dream about this really sexy guy" and she just writes this book about it, and there's some things about Edward that are just so specific that ... I was just convinced that this woman is mad, she's completely mad, and she's in love with her own fictional creation. And I sometimes ... feel uncomfortable reading this thing, and I think a lot of people feel the same way, that it's kind of voyeuristic ... It creates this sick pleasure in a lot of ways."

haha, Exactly.

Even the person who *plays* the character hates him.

But I *as previously* stated I think Patterson did the right thing in paying sparkle!cullen as sexualy-repressed 108 yrold self loathing manic depressive vampire. It's more realistic then Meyers original wetdream concept of the character.
-MetroGnome
http://shillingly.blogspot.com>>Shameless self-promotion
http://themaximumride.proboards80.com>>

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I HATE Minerva!!!! She is such a horrible character that I just want to..... can't say it because of the fact I'm on a forum kids go on grawr!!!

Caramel
Goblin

Postby Caramel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Venom Wolf wrote:Funnily enough this is what Patterson actually thinks about the books:

Okay, I officially love this guy for saying that. My views on Meyer entirely. I mean, who bases their books off of erotic dreams (okay, hers was not erotic, but you catch the drift)? I mean, everyone has them from time to time, but they are usually extremely out there and when you wake up you know that. You don't talk about them or publish them, even if for some strange reason you liked them. I try to avoid even thinking about them afterward. You have issues if you make these things public. Simple as that.

And he did a wonderful job of making a seemingly perfect guy the crazy psychopath he actual is. I loved his expression when he was drinking Bella's blood. It was ROFLcopter worthy.
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

ImageImageImageImage
My last eggs died and were used to make an omelet. Please click these ones to save them from the same fate?

Immortal
Skilled Necromancer
Real First Name: Lucifer

Postby Immortal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 am

Bookworm-ilovebooks wrote:Ok any one ealse hate cindrella. I mean how meny times did she have the chance to tell her step mother to take that broom and shove it somewhere painful.

Fact: The original cinderella was very very hardcore. It had mutilation the sisters actually cut their own feet to fit the slippers (exqusitly described), and when the Prince eventually realizes Cinderella is the one for him, birds peck out the sisters' and mother's eyes for their wickedness. And there's sex. You don't WANT to know what The sleeping Beauty originally was.

Magerine2
Atlantean
Real First Name: Maggie

Postby Magerine2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 am

... That's just funny! XD Oh, now I'm gonna be forced to show this to all my fangirl-y friends. :D
I do believe in Fowls! I do! I do!

THERE ARE TOO MANY AMAZING ARTEMIS FOWL QUOTES TO FIT ON THIS PAGE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
... Well that just sucks.

"One more step and it'll be your last. No hugs!" ~Major John Casey: NSA Assassin -Chuck

Return to “The Square”