If anybody is out there...

A place to chill out and chat. No meaningless messages though!
Kron48
Swear Toad
Real First Name:Max
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Uhh... Foaly Jr.?
If anybody is out there...

Postby Kron48 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:44 am

Maybe making a new topic will send out some email that might alert someone? Just to be super-sure, this site is in fact dead right? I mean I'm really sad that I completely missed all of it but I just want to be sure that I'm not accidentally screwing over the next me that comes around and is all like "wait where'd everyone go lol". I'm actually kicking myself right now because this site seems like it has such an amazing community and I completely missed it :( :( :(
"The end: It's gonna happen! But in the meantime, its on with the show. On with the show!" -Devo

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra

Re: If anybody is out there...

Postby Merv Simestra » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:40 am

Unfortunately, there won't be any email alerts going out. And sadly, some old members might not be using their email addresses on their accounts anymore. For all intensive purposes, the site is technically dead. But the fandom is not. If you have a Tumblr account and search "Artemis Fowl," you'll find a few folks still posting and sharing fan art. We tried to recruit a few for the forums, but not many came.

Anyways, getting a Tumblr account would probably be the best option if you want to find some more active Fowldom folks. Myself and Troublelover16 are on there, too. Until the movie comes out, I think this place will be dead for a while. :/
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Matt

Postby Matt » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 am

I'll have a look into the mass e-mail system - I know the host has restrictions on bulk e-mailing so I'll see about letting as many people know that the forum is fully operational again.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, the site had been down, so I hadn't checked it in a while. Great to see it's up again, we might get a few people when the movie comes out.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

AliceFowl
Sprite

Postby AliceFowl » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Yeah, I’m wondering if we’ll get new young members, or at least if some of us oldies will come out of the woodwork (like me). Hi, by the way, I live.
it’s so nice to meet you, let’s never meet again

Merv Simestra
Commander

Postby Merv Simestra » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 pm

OH MY WORD IT'S AN ALICE!

Hi.

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

AliceFowl
Sprite

Postby AliceFowl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 am

HI, I KNOW, IT’S BEEN A MINUTE

I was going through a bunch of my old posts—including that fanfic I took so seriously—and gosh. I’m so glad I’m not young me anymore 😂

Merv Simestra
Commander

Postby Merv Simestra » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:07 pm

I mean, if we're being honest, aren't we all glad we're not young us anymore? XD

Also, welcome back to the forums! Sorry, it's so dead. We're trying. Not very hard, but we're trying.

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

AliceFowl
Sprite

Postby AliceFowl » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:27 am

No, it’s fine!! Honestly every time I come back I’m just happy that some of you guys are still here. It used to be a pretty busy place back in the day.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 am

Lol yeah, the funny thing is is that I felt like I came in after the fandom was already slowing down (I feel like the pique of interest was around the time of The Time Paradox, since there seemed to have been a lot of discussion at that time), but it was still pretty busy back then. I am hoping the movie will get some new people in though, and with the new AF books coming out and new graphic novel series, there's actually quite a bit of new merchandise to look forward to.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Minervalover
Gremlin
Location:Hogwarts, Camp-Half Blood, T.A.R.D.I.S, Dauntless hedquarters, Asgard, Middle Earth, Haven, 221B.

Postby Minervalover » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Don't worry, I feel like this website will become very active once the movie is out (if it's good... ;-; )

I'm so happy to see some of you guys active :loveeyes: ! I logged in a few months ago and everything was dead, so I didn't want to post and be left hanging. I hope the emails bring the old members back and we can get to be introduced to new members soon. :laughing:

Stellaluna
Pixie

Postby Stellaluna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:15 am

@Kron48
Hi there, in case you return, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, I would echo @Merv Simestra's advice. Fandoms nowadays are most active on tumblr, certain ones on reddit, and maybe through Discord channels and the like. In my honest opinion, although I'm sad to admit it (as I had a great time while I was here), bulletin-board-style forums like this are probably going to go the way of the dinosaur in the near future.

Or I don't know, I mean, I have no idea what the go-to online spots would be popular with the younger crowd these days. Anything could happen.

Also I just realized the post is from 2017 and assumed it was recent hahaha it is totally not 2019 right now. No way.

@AliceFowl, @minervalover
I think I'm the very rare exception today because I have way too much time on my hands, but I can safely say that most of the old members have moved on, myself included. - I've aged out of AF as I suspect most others have and while I had a wonderful time then, I have no interest in coming back to it. If this forum does revive you'll get new, younger members. I have no idea what kind of activity there was after 2009 or so but I'd say I myself came in on the tail end of the very, very active days (multiple AF forums, LiveJournals, and plenty of very talented fanfic writers).

I do hope that all of you guys get to experience a great and active forum like I did, though!

@Matt
Wow, I still can't believe you're admining this forum! One foot in the grave...

I'm just being maudlin, but I'd like to give a shout-out explicitly to thank you for all your work hosting and running the joint and giving a bunch of teenagers with nothing better to do a spot to goof off and hang out ;)

Hope you get a real live community going again and that you're not empty nesting too much. And just cause I keep sporadically wondering what everyone else I don't talk to anymore is doing, here's where I am: drove across the country to Louisiana a few weeks ago to start my PhD program (ornithology focused), I'm excited but I also super sterling silver butter knifing annoyed by a lot of things here, it's total culture shock. It's not all bad and I'm getting used to it but I can't wait to move back after I'm done with my program.

And P.S. your hair is still stupid. :')

---
Anyway this might be the last time I'm here, I just had some spare time and curiosity but I've moved on and got a lot of other things going on in life. Best wishes to y'all. <3

Merv Simestra
Commander

Postby Merv Simestra » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Well, folks, it's official. We're haunted. Time to pack it up!

In all seriousness, I definitely agree with Stella. Most of the older members at this point have probably moved on. And forums have sort of fallen by the wayside in terms of community. Chat groups have definitely made a comeback, Reddit being the main exception.

Maybe the movie will change things though. We'll just have to wait and see once the more detailed trailer comes out and then the movie.

And thank you for visiting, Stella! It's always nice to see an old face, even from before my time here. :)

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

AliceFowl
Sprite

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 am

It's a bit sad knowing everyone's packing up now. I'm looking forward to the fandom growing but it'll be bittersweet with all the new members being a totally different generation from us. I guess that's how it goes, but still. I've actually stayed in this fandom and haven't really grown out of it--it meant so much to me as a young teenager that I honestly can't just let it go, you know?

That's my rant, I guess.

Gearr
Swear Toad

Postby Gearr » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 am

It's been pretty niche for a long time sadly, I know whenever I've spoken about it to people they've only known about it through me. They're really pushing the film trailer in the states though according to a few friends, so it'll be interesting to see.

Return to “The Square”