ETERNITY AWARDS 2009 - WINNERS.

Here's where interesting parts of AFC's Forum History will go.
Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

ETERNITY AWARDS 2009 - WINNERS.

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Hey there and welcome to the Eternity Awards, 2009 results! Unfortunately my co-host, Voldy, will be unable to present it this year with me but I'll try and make do without him. Thank you to everyone who has voted and contributed, we had a great turn out this year.

And now, let us celebrate the achievements of AFC and its members in 2009!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Re: ETERNITY AWARDS 2009 - WINNERS.

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:23 pm

The first award goes to a new category - Favourite AFC Quote 2009 and the quote voted and suggested by you is... "Quantity > Quality, remember that"!
Thank you Voldy for that genius quote that shows us the value of typing errors! *engraves quote in a plaque*

The next award is your Favourite AFC Moment 2009, and there have been many memorable moments this year. Some organised events - the Inkspills or CUPID - some more random (cezen's lyrics in the chatbox) but the one that has stayed with members this year is the Gus Revolution!

Now, we have a variety of personalities on AFC but the Friendliest AFCer award goes to noneother than the [cyber] smiling, always helpful and with a cheerful word to others - IzzyTehMuse!

Congratulations Izzy, for being friendly to one and all! *gives smiley-face award*

There's no doubt that AFC is full of crazy folk, some just a little odd and others outright barmy! But the Strangest AFCer of them all, the one who puts the rest of us to shame is Optiguy!

Congrats Optiguy, for succeding in being the strangest of them all! *gives award*

As AFC is a literary-based forum we have many bright sparks floating around, but the most Imaginative AFCer is someone who's always full of new, unique ideas which she has shown around the forum, and that is BkkprGrl!

We all need a good laugh sometimes, and there are two certain members of this forum who have tied for Funniest AFCer, who make us chuckle, laugh and roar with laughter respectively, and they are sharkie and crystal_clear! Congrats guys, *gives a golden book of jokes each*

We have many friendships here on AFC, some just starting and some going back through the ages but the Best Friends here on AFC are Voldy and Kitsy! Thank you for this one guys! *hugs Voldy*

Now, AFC is occasionally a place of budding romance, mainly between on particular member and the rest of us. That's right, this year's Best AFC 'ship is Gus/Everyone! We all get awards for this one! *throws out lovehearts*

And, runners-up to this loving award is sharkie/cezen! *gives special heart* Congrats to you guys as well xD

AFC has a great moderating staff who work tirelessly, every day, no sleep, no food, no water, to keep this forum running. This year's Favourite Moderator/Administrator is Kitsy! Thank you for this one AFC, means alot *hugs award*

One very distinct feature of AFC are our Journals where we get to sneak a peek at the personal lives of AFCers, and the most Interesting Journal goes to Crystal_Clear, kitsy and Izzytehmuse! Yes, a three-way tie for us!

Again, being a literary-based forum we have many, many budding writers and the one that stood out the most is, tying in with a previous EA award, Bkkpgirl! Her writing around the forum and in the Inkspills was of a fantastic standard, and we award you with this golden pen as an award *gives*

As a runner up we also have Tyrison, whose writing has also stood out! *gives smaller golden pen*

*hugs and squeezes everyone* You're all so damn huggable! But perhaps the Most Huggable AFCer is noneother than the legendary Gus! Isn't he a cutey? *gives Gus a hug*

And the two runners up are Lime Yay and IzzyTehMuse! Congrats! *hugs*

We've got our writers and we've also got our artists and the Best Traditional Artist of 2009 is the very talented Winter! Congrats Winter, have a paintbrush!

Now a different type of artist, the Best Graphics Designer and this one was a close call! Only two names were put forward, obviously the very best and the winner is Voldy! Congrats Voldy! Have this limited edition of AFC photoshop! *gives*

And our runner-up and only other nominee, Lightbulb621! Congrats Lighty!

You can tell alot about a person through their avatar and signature, or so people say, and the Best Taste in Avatars and Signatures also goes to Voldy! Of course with such great skillz his would be the best, wouldn't they?

And our runner up is chinara, with the famous Invader Zim sig! Congrats!

Since the EAs of 2008 we've seen a lot of members come and go, some pop in occasionally and others have stayed permanantly. However, the Best Newbie of 2009, as voted by you, is Raineesun! Congrats Rainee!

So we've the friendly, the funny, the plain strange but who is the Most Sensible AFCer? This award goes to someone who always keeps a straight head and actually makes sense when he talks, Antilles! Congrats Antilles, *gives sensible-looking award*

And we also have the opposite of our sensible resident, we have the Most Hyper AFCer who is always buzzing, probably on some kind of dangerous substance - we have Raineesun!

Some people say that we have members here that are ambitious, and what could be the greatest ambition other than to RULE THE WORLD? Muhahaha. Ahem, anyway. We have two AFCers who have tied as Most likely to Conquer the World and they are Gus and kitsy! It's okay Gus, I'm sure we can split the world between us!

Next we have another very ambitious AFCer, voted as Most Likely to Run for President. I'm not sure what they'd be President of, but if it's the US then that is quite an achievement seeing as the nominee is not American, but in fact Scottish! We give you sharkie!

AFC has become a big part of many of our lives, but one member above all has been voted the Most Dedicated to AFC, someone who makes sure the forum is always running smoothly and that person is Voldy! Congrats Voldy, you deserve it! *gives shiny sparkly award*

With so many things happening on AFC, sometimes it's hard to keep track of them all! But there's one member above all who just seems to know what's going on - maybe he has hidden cameras installed on the forum. Whatever his secret is, it's Centaurboi2! Congrats CB, *gives all-seeing eye award*

This being an AF forum and all we have of course got an award for the Biggest AF Fanboy/Girl. Of course, we all know who this one will go to. Who else has an AF shrine? Who else has many signed copies of AF? Who else has conducted interviews with Colfer himself? Who else has dedicated an amazing site to AF. It's Matt! Congrats Mattycakes!

We have many other fandoms here apart from AF and the Biggest Non-AF Fanboy/Girl award goes to Lightbulb621! Congrats Lighty - that's two years in a row I think!

Though the staff here at AFC do alot of work for the forum, we also have the Most Valued Non-Staff Contributor. Someone who works to keep AFC active, fun and enjoyable for one and all, and this member is IzzyTehMuse! Congrats Izzy, you most definately deserve this award!

There have been many members come and gone over the years on AFC, and there are a few in particular that will always be sorely missed. The Most Missed AFCer is Diana, an ex-mod who left the site what seems like many years ago and we miss her! *gives hug to where Diana used to be*

Some members have been on AFC for a long time and we've all changed over the years but the Most Changed award goes to two in particular, tying for this award, who have matured, grown up and changed for the better! To Chitiliti and bentj96! Congratulations guys!

And finally, last, but by no means least is the Mr. Shiny Award of 2009 :shiny: which goes to the shiniest, favouritest member of AFC. This person contributes to the forum, keeps it going and makes it a more enjoyable place to be. I give you... Voldy! *gives sparkly, over-sized :shiny: * Congrats Voldy! *hugs*

And that's that! The Eternity Awards of 2009. I'd like to say a big thank you to Voldy who helped me organise this event and helped with the votes, to the other moderators who also helped in organising it and to you guys, for your suggestions and for your voting! 2009 has been a great year for AFC, and let's hope 2010 will be an even better one.

From me to all of you, a Happy New Year and congratulations to those who won awards for their achievements this year! *pops open champagne* CONRATULATIONS!

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Kitsy wrote:And, runners-up to this loving award is sharkie/cezen! *gives special heart* Congrats to you guys as well xD

LOL
Dang, and we were just about to come out of the closet with this one ;)
Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:03 am

*puts on glamorous dress*

Thank you! Thank you! *tear* This means so much to me! I'd like to thank my mum (for not kicking me off the internet when she should have) and all you wonderful AFCers and the makers of Swedish Fish which kept me on enough of a sugar buzz to stay online for hours at a time. I'd also like to give a shoutout to my school assignments for providing me ample opportunity and incentive to repeatedly check AFC, up to 57 times a day!

But srsly, guys, tanks fer your love...I am truly overwhelmed *peers*
:D

And KITSY, your dress is faaaabulous. You look smashing. Thanks for hosting.
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Postby chinara » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 am

Whoo! XD Congrats to the winners!

I'm a runner-up o: I like to run up. IZ earns me points! XD
Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:52 am

X3 I finally won something. Hehhehehehehe.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE OTHER WINNERS. YOU DESERVED IT.

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 am

Didn't I tie for funniest AFCer last year? XD

I'm touched, guys :D Simply touched.

And most interesting journal :D. Never thought I would have tied for that one :P

Congratumalations to everyone who won!

Yatta~
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 am

Too bad I wasn't online for the nominations ):
Oh well :lick:

Congrats everyone!!!

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 am

I are serious guy. This are serious thread. :laughing:

Congrats everyone! I had a lot of fun going through and trying to pick out people to vote for.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

Major Trouble
Council Member
Real First Name: Trouble
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Commander Root

Postby Major Trouble » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:51 am

Makes me wonder what (if anything) I would be nominated for (I'm not cool enough to win, I never win anything) if I were still around. Half the people on the site don't know me anymore...

MTK

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:54 am

Major Trouble wrote:Makes me wonder what (if anything) I would be nominated for (I'm not cool enough to win, I never win anything) if I were still around. Half the people on the site don't know me anymore...

MTK

But I do Major Trouble!!! :D :D :D

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:11 am

*Quickly hides viewing screen* Thanks guys! Didn't expect to win anything and especially not that one XD Congrats to everyone else, they are all so fitting.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm

*spins around in glamarous dress* Thanks Izzy, I got the AFC-elves to make it for me, especially for this event!

You have a reputation to live up to now Antilles! Don't worry, when Gus and I take over the world I'll be sure to put you in charge of a sensible country - take your pick!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Awww, thanks, guys!!! I feel so loved! :laughing:

Congrats to everyone else that won, and thanks to everyone who voted!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Thank you all for those awards, they are quite shiny :shiny: And congratulations to all the winners! You all deserved it :D

I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to help host, but I didn't have the chance to go online yesterday. Kat did a wonderful job though, and really she deserves the credit for the EAs this year. *glomps best friend* XD

Congratulations again to everyone! *group AFC glomp*

Return to “AFC Forum Archive”