Skiing or Snowboarding?

General Entertainment Chat. Please use the specific sub-forums.

Skiing or Snowboarding?

Skiing
47%
Snowboarding
53%

Total votes: 34

Midnight
Gremlin
Re: Skiing or Snowboarding?

Postby Midnight » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:16 pm

I’ve skied before, but never tried snowboarding. I’ve always wanted to though, it looks way cooler and funner. But I guess I won’t really get a chance now, spring weather here all year round.

Juice
Pixie
Real First Name:Jo[CENSORED]

Postby Juice » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:21 am

There needs to be an option that says "Neither". Because Me+Snowboard/Skiis=PAIN. Or a faceful of snow. Which is equivalent to pain. noskills
"Coffee: Killing people and then bringing them back to life since 23,486 B.C."

BookWorm3
Commander

Postby BookWorm3 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:32 pm

I voted for skiing because:

1. I have never went snowboarding before but I have went skiing several times now and IT ROCKED!

2. If snowboarding takes alot of practice to get used to, then that rules me out for it anyway because I only get to go to the nearest (200 mile away) ski slopes once every year. Not enough to learn snowboarding.

3. Although snowboarding looks cooler, to me, skiing seems to have more control in my opinion.

So yeah, skiiing it is! :bluegrin:
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
Image Image
I am STILL an official AFC SECRET AGENT! w00t! XD see my shiny badge?

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Count me in on the skiing side. I love skiing and am a double black diamond. Well, not really. I can do them easily, but they aren't as fun as others seeing as they take moderate to intense concentration, so I never do them. But winter sports are fun! And snowboarding looks like fun, too. I just haven't tried it. Isn't it annoying to have to unclip your feet all the time?
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Qh_girl
Atlantean
Real First Name:Anna
Location:Smearing gum on the underside of your Dining Room table.

Postby Qh_girl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm

Snowboarding, definatly. Though I have never tried skiing. I'm a skateboarder, snowboarding just fits me better.

Okay, considering what everyone has said so far, I'd conclude that

a) Skiing is easier making it an ideal snow sport for people who only got to slopes once a year.
b) Snowboarding is harder therefore making it a choice for people who have long winters and slopes, or a place to snowboard all the time. Or it could be that people prefer the challenge.

Some people have been saying that Skiing is easier than snowboarding for the simple fact that you fall on your butt less often. My sister went skiing with her husband and they fell down a lot. Doesn't help the point. I have never been skiing, but I agree, yeah we fall down a lot learning. Still, once you get better at snowboarding and actually don't fall down on your way down the slopes, than you can say your not bad. It takes longer to learn to snowboard than to ski. Thats what I get from this thread. So, once you can snowboard fairly well, you know, turns, stopping (not my strong point, lol.) and etc. Than you probably have a lot of control. Skiing, once you learn to ski fairly well, which will be sooner than if you snowboard. Than you have plenty of control in that area. However, if you change from skiing to snowboarding or vice versa, than you don't have control in that area meaning you have to learn to control all over again. After all, your not skiing sideways are you? Control counts many factors, But I can't explain because I'm not an explainer. Anyway. Either sport, snowboarding or skiing, can have just as good amount of control. However In my honest opinion, I think Snowboarding requires more control. Just my Opinion.

lol, sorry bout the essay format. I just finished half of one in a half hour. lol.
Just call me Anya, That's what everyone calls me. Though, I answer to almost anything. Or Rainy. She is like, my other half. Though, really, she's just me.
Shiva-- You never got a chance to grow old; but now, you won't have to. Love ya forever, baby girl!
I'm a CHRISTIAN and I'm PROUD OF IT!

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name:Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Centaurboi

Postby Centaurboi2 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 pm

Isn't it annoying to have to unclip your feet all the time?

Nah, its really easy actually and you don't have to do it that often, unless your a newb, you only have to do it when ridding the lift.

From reading all of your posts skiing sounds like fun but I like still like snowboarding better and don't plan on trying skiing anytime soon.
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:09 am

Skiing. First of all it has two i's right nest to each other and that just looks cool. Also because it's really easy to pick up and you can get right to skiing. I've never snowboarded but I don't think that the fun level would change for me personally. So skiing wins for me! :thumbsup: <(love the new smilies!)

~yo
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

Captain Short
Goblin
Real First Name:Katie

Postby Captain Short » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 am

Skiing for me, tried snowboarding and didn't have as much control. Can only go for 2 days a year *sigh* so I go with something I find easier. Besides I love the snow! wind in my hair, so beautiful. and the occasional snowball fight with my little sister.
My fate is my own, my heart remains free. Not magic, but wisdom reveals destiny.

Twilight!

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:55 am

I have never gone skiing or snobordin but I would like to. Which one would be best for beginners?
Ello.

Captain Short
Goblin
Real First Name:Katie

Postby Captain Short » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Being me, I'd say skiing, but it really depends on what you think
My fate is my own, my heart remains free. Not magic, but wisdom reveals destiny.

Twilight!

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:20 pm

I have never skiied so I don't knokw. I've tried snowboarding and it's fun.
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Carmis
Elf
Location:North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:33 pm

I ski. I've never tried snowboarding 'til now. I don't think I'll try it once. I'll stay at ski and try to be really good in it...;)
On a cloudy day
A normal man looks up
and sees the clouds.
But a visionary looks up
and sees the sun
~Airman~
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Vegito
Pixie
Real First Name:Bilal

Postby Vegito » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Mods don't kill me I Snowboard and im pretty good at it but my baby sister seems to have more control than me(she skis). Am I an idiot or do skiiers have more control?
I did snowboarding once,I I thought it was brilliant! :>

Carmis
Elf
Location:North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Is once enough? Because I've heard to snowboard right you have to snowboard for at least a week with a good mentor or something like that... :huh2:
On a cloudy day
A normal man looks up
and sees the clouds.
But a visionary looks up
and sees the sun
~Airman~
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Yeah, I did snowboarding in a "ski club" where we go to Hidden Valley to ski/snowboard after school a couple of times. At first, I felt really stupid because I couldn't stay on my snowboard and had a hard time steering. But at the last trip to Hidden Valley, I was actually snowboarding really well. Go figure. I happened to get "the center of balance" on the last day, and we weren't going back until the next year. So, that's my story.
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Return to “Entertainment”