What's your sport?

General Entertainment Chat. Please use the specific sub-forums.
unorthodox yo-yo
Eccentric Zig-Zag

What's your sport?

Postby unorthodox yo-yo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Hey! Cool a Sports forum! SQUEE!!!

I'm just wondering if any of you are in sports. Not just watch them but actually in them.

If you are:
What Sport is it?
How often do you practice?
How often do you compete?

I'm on a swim team! I swim six days a week two hours a day. ^_^ There is a competition at least once a month if not more often and the meets can last about two to three days. There are four main strokes: Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Freestyle.

~yo
I am the Queeking and Founder of the Knights of the Invisible Table!
If you would like to join the Knights of the Invisible table please go
here.

Matt
Ruler of the People
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Matt
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Matt

Re: What's your sport?

Postby Matt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't know if counts as a sport, but I did Karate for a good few years, going to take it up again next month when I get my car and can drive to practice.

XD

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:44 am

My sport is the one and only tennis! I love to play...in my mind, it actually takes preference/obligation over school itself. I play about 12 hours a week, on average. During Winter Break, though, I used to average about six hours a day, which was tons of fun. Er, I also play a bunch of tournaments - I have about one every two weeks or so. I just love the competitive atmosphere and the fact that you can only blame yourself when something goes wrong, so it's pretty nice.
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 am

Err...Well, I'm not in competitions or anything, but I love to swim, run(though everyone says I never do, they're just never around), play basketball(when my lazy bum brothers get off their computers), dance(I don't know what kind of sport that classes as), sled(only in winter, of course :laughing: ), ski, rollerblade(I haven't been able to much lately, for obvious reasons), and do Wii stuff(that should count as sports, lol). Mainly I dance though, and that's a lot of fun. I want to learn to breakdance though. 8)
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am

Nikita wrote:My sport is the one and only tennis! I love to play...in my mind, it actually takes preference/obligation over school itself. I play about 12 hours a week, on average. During Winter Break, though, I used to average about six hours a day, which was tons of fun. Er, I also play a bunch of tournaments - I have about one every two weeks or so. I just love the competitive atmosphere and the fact that you can only blame yourself when something goes wrong, so it's pretty nice.

Mmm...me too. I love tennis, it's my favorite. I used to play it last year, but now, I never have the time too. I could always go to the high school tennis court though. Anyway, TENNIS Is COOL!
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 am

Aah, wish I still had a sport. I played Squash for quite some time and did a brief stint of football. They'd prolly still rank as my favorites for playing. :)

Besides that, I like to watch cricket and I can just manage to bowl.
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 am

I started playing netball when I was 8, in our local netball competition, and 3 teams and 7-ish later I umpire when I have the chance.

I also used to play and sometimes umpire and coach for my school.

Netball is fun. Except when you're an umpire, you have to run around with a whistle yelling stuff and doing a funny dance made up of hand and body signals. That's fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:12 pm

I love badminton. I train it 2 times a week.
And I also go to swim but that's because my back isn't strong enough. It helps me though with giving me more strength to play badminton. These are the sports that I train.

I also like to play soccer (in my free time in summer) and I ski (in winter).
On a cloudy day
A normal man looks up
and sees the clouds.
But a visionary looks up
and sees the sun
~Airman~
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

marzandstars
Council Member

Postby marzandstars » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:16 pm

I have loads of sports I love. To name a few: Badminton, netball, swimming, running, trampolining.
Badminton is only really for fun but I wish I could do it properly outside PE lesson.
Netball is something I've played since like 10 [?] and I used to be really good but I've lost motivation. I'm hoping to rejoin the club next week. I think. If I csn be bothered.
Swimming is sooo very fun and I'm quite good at it but I hate it in school. We have to change in the same room and it's really uncomfortable and some things you just don't want to see...we also change in the mens changing room so if we over-run in last lesson...
Running. hahahaha. I used to be good. I was a 200m sprinter, but now...I don't know what happened. I just don't run any more.
And trampolining is just for fun. No good at it but pure jolly good times. :laughing:

I tried playing football. I had too many bad experiences to like it. But it's okay to watch.

We must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

*rapes* with muchos love from a mysterious sig-raping shadow *disappears*
THIS IS NOT VOLDY. It is a mysterious sig!rapist, leaving some love. *hugs*

Vegito
Pixie
Real First Name: Bilal

Postby Vegito » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm

My favorite sport is badminton,I practice with my older brother every Sunday at a sports center but I do not really compete in event (mostly because I am lazy)!

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:03 pm

Cool so many people like badminton. Usually most people think that badminton is lame and easy...lol
And ehmm what's netball?
Last edited by lethe_naiad on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lethe screwed up
On a cloudy day
A normal man looks up
and sees the clouds.
But a visionary looks up
and sees the sun
~Airman~
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:51 am

You might count me in there. I find badminton pretty easy and I am above decent. But I never really took it as a sport.

No one else plays squash?
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Captain Short
Goblin
Real First Name: Katie

Postby Captain Short » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 am

Gee I play tennis and uuuum netball, got squished once, I tripped over and the GK fell on top of me, had internal bruising in my legs for a few weeks, hurt like hell. tennis is a hobby, so I only practise two hours a week. netball training is tuesdays for 1 and 1/2 hours, I'm GA so I have to practice my shooting and running. the hoop is really small and it's hard to get a goal when someone twice your height is standing in front of you. Play on Sat for 1 hr, sit at home nursing injuries after that for two hours ( my nickname was walking disaster)
My fate is my own, my heart remains free. Not magic, but wisdom reveals destiny.

Twilight!

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:54 am

I don't really play sports but when I visit my grandparents I go golfing with my Grandpa.
Ello.

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Carmis wrote:Cool so many people like badminton. Usually most people think that badminton is lame and easy...lol
And ehmm what's netball?

Gasp! What's netball?

Actually, netball is really a commonwealth sport, isn't it? A lot of American people don't know about it.

Basically it's like basketball, except that you can't run with the ball. You can't touch any other players, and when you're defending you have to stand 3 feet away. Each player has positions that restrict where they can go and what they can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netball
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Entertainment”