Tennis Lovers

General Entertainment Chat. Please use the specific sub-forums.

Do you like tennis?

Yes
80%
Sort of
10%
Not really
No votes
No
10%

Total votes: 10

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen
Tennis Lovers

Postby Lightbulb621 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 am

Hey anyone a tennis lover? I love to play tennis better than anything. Welcome to discuss anything about tennis here in this thread!
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Nikita
Tweetie

Re: Tennis Lovers

Postby Nikita » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 pm

OMIGOD YES

I love to play tennis! It is my favorite and only sport. I'm on the court 10-12 hours a week generally, and it's just the greatest feeling in the world when you hit that topspin forehand matchpoint winner against a player you know you can beat but just haven't. Ah, I love it! Lighty, do you play USTA tournaments? If so, what division and Level? I play Girls 14s, anywhere from Level 2 to Level 1+.

What do you guys think about all of the contemplations about Sharapova recently? Personally, I think she's got nothing on Henin, and will probably end up losing the Australian Open to one of the Williams sisters or to Henin herself. And of course, I predict Henin the winner. (Has anyone guessed that I idolize her? XD)
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:30 am

I like watching tennis, I'm hopeless at playing it. I'm rooting for Federer and Djokovic in the Australian Open (I feel so sorry for Deigo Hartfield).
What do you guys think about all of the contemplations about Sharapova recently? Personally, I think she's got nothing on Henin, and will probably end up losing the Australian Open to one of the Williams sisters or to Henin herself. And of course, I predict Henin the winner. (Has anyone guessed that I idolize her? XD)
Sharapova's pretty good but yeah, she's probably not going to win the Open. (And I agree with you, Henin is awesome :))

EDIT:

I stand corrected. Henin has just lost to Sharapova :(

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 am

I love tennis! I don't play matches or anything, and I don't really follow the professional games, but I like to play against my dad or sister just for fun.
I haven't played it recently, though... I used to live in a housing development that had tennis courts only about a five minute's walk from my house, but now I have to actually drive somewhere to play... hopefully come spring I'll have more time. :)
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Image Image Image
Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

Same with me. I don't play serious matches, I play for Fun. I love beating my sisters in tennis though. XD
Gus Revolution
twitter outline behance

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:14 am

I play serious matches, XD. I don't play too many tournaments in the USTA Girls 14's, so I really have to start working on my ranking soon. XD

And who do you guys want to win the Open? Djokovic or Tsonga? Ivanovic or Sharapova? Personally, I'm for an all-Serb victory, or for Tsonga and Ivanovic. It would be awesome if Tsonga won - he's just been playing spectacularly this whole tournament, especially in his match against Nadal. And Djokovic deserves a win, as well, for his superb play against Federer. I'd like it better if Tsonga won, though I wouldn't mind Djokovic's win at all.

And Ivanovic just has to beat Sharapova, because she's more down-to-earth and just a generally nicer person. Remember during the US Open when Sharapova slammed an overhead straight at Serena and hit her in the thigh? She's just a generally rude woman. Besides that, her technique is completely flawed, while Ivanovic's is quite good.

And also, I don't care if Sharapova beat Henin, Sorchums! She will always be my favorite player. =]
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

EvilPixie
Mud Man

Postby EvilPixie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 am

Same with me. I don't play serious matches, I play for Fun. I love beating my sisters in tennis though. XD
Same here. I enjoy beating my sis. However I do sometimes take lessons. Oh guess what, my mom got a shirt at a life is good store. It was pink with a tennis ball on it and the words "One love". It's funny.
I am at an invisible table eating invisible food in an invisible universe. Why? Because I feel like it! ( and because unorthodox yo-yo let me join )

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am

Same here. I enjoy beating my sis. However I do sometimes take lessons. Oh guess what, my mom got a shirt at a life is good store. It was pink with a tennis ball on it and the words "One love". It's funny.
I only took a lesson once or twice. II only have boring yellowish-green tennis balls, not the pink ones. XD
Gus Revolution
twitter outline behance

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, the pink balls are trainer balls. They're designed the opposite as a dead ball is - to bounce higher and slower. They may be prettier, and they probably are for novice players. But once you get more advanced, you'll start to get bored at how high the ball bounces. Imo, the regular balls are better, because you can get accustomed to playing the real game. =]

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Oh wow, I didn't see this. XD

I think I'm a novice player...I haven't played in a looong time, but I really want to get back to it. Soon.

But I've never played with pink balls before. Hmm, maybe I'll play better with those. XD
Gus Revolution
twitter outline behance

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:53 pm

Well, different clubs have different rankings. At some clubs, I'm considered a tournament-level player, while at other clubs, I'm considered "advanced." So what you think is a novice might be different from what others think is a novice.

Do you guys think Djokovic (or Choke-ovic, as my coach calls him) will be able to get to #1 before the end of the year? What with Federer having mono and all of that, it's a possibility, but only if he wins everywhere (Key Biscayne is the first one that REALLY counts) and Federer has early losses. And what of Nadal? Do you guys think he could surpass the great Roger this year, considering his disease?

Imo, it really is based on how fast Federer gets over his mono. When he's on fire, he's untouchable. But when he's sick, he's pretty vulnerable.

GottaLoveArtemis
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name:Kathryn
AFC Fan Fiction Name:GottaLoveArtemis

Postby GottaLoveArtemis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 am

I only started a year ago and I'm not very good yet. XD But I like tennis...it's the only sport I DO like. I like Federer and I think he's really good. But mostly professional tennis just confuses me...I'm not very good with sports!
Artemis Fowl is my NEIGHBOR.

Return to “Entertainment”