Beijing Olympics

General Entertainment Chat. Please use the specific sub-forums.
marzandstars
Council Member
Re: Beijing Olympics

Postby marzandstars » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm also a banana - yellow outside, white inside.

I'm ashamed to admit it took me awhile to get this.
aaawww. I love it <3

the 2012 logo = NU RAVE NU RAVE. And is apparently an epilepsy triggerer. not a real word I know

London will probably want to celebrate it's "cultural diversity" *sigh*

AND EEEW MONARCHY STRIPPING. Just forgetting the disturbing thoughts of the Queen and her husband, Harry and William o_O. Frills and ginger pubes. Lovely. Don't ask about the frills bit. I don't get it myself...

We must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

*rapes* with muchos love from a mysterious sig-raping shadow *disappears*
THIS IS NOT VOLDY. It is a mysterious sig!rapist, leaving some love. *hugs*

Azura Koboi
Atlantean
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Azura Koboi

Postby Azura Koboi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 am

I'm supporting the Japanese, and I think the opening ceremony was so cool that I hated to miss any of it. I like the part with the digital scroll and the calligraphy.
A swirl of colors, a gentle tinkling music, the scent of flowers. An apparition appears. Voices sing softly, melodically as the vision shimmers. The beautiful spirit beckons, urging you forward.
It is the Illuminate Spectre.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
****************************Do not click on this link.****************************

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 am

China vs USA was painful?

Try Canada vs Kazakhstan in boxing. Welterweight. 1-20. Unbelievable.

See, China and the US go "A million bronze medals can never add up to one gold medal." Canada's just "Yay we got bronze! We're number three!" Or simply "So and so qualified for the semi-finals, which is a first for blah blah sport, which is quite an accomplishment! Congratulations!"
Image Image
My Artemis Fowl game: Part One | Part Two | Part Three

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:36 am

Omg Nu Rave is so Skins.
After a while, it got painful, so I stopped watching.
I KNOW I KNOW.

Mm hot mens.

Lady Fei Fei
Elf
Real First Name:Irene

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm really looking forward to indoor and beach volleyball, tennis, archery, gymnastics, swimming, and diving.
last night, i watched the gymnastics and OUCH. i felt really bad for Romania........do you know how many times they fell off the beams and the uneven bars? China is really good at gymnastics, though.
and hahaha all of France trash-talking the US during swimming was shoved down their throats. look who won the gold medal, eh, France? THE USA!!!!!
WH00T GO MICHAEL PHELPS!!!!!!!! AND PHIL DALHAUSSER!!!!!!!!! AND SHAWN JOHNSON!!!! AND NASTIA LIUKIN!!!!
GO USA!!!!!!!! :laughing:
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Ey, we won a gold medal! In the 10m Rifle Shooting. Yay! :D
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Lady Fei Fei
Elf

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 pm

USA won a gold in shooting?
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

Gibbering moron
Centaur
Real First Name:bry

Postby Gibbering moron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Everyone seems to trash talk each other. One of our synchronised divers was trash talking the other, he was 26 and his partner was 14 and he was blaming the fact that they came last on him. I thought that was so tight!
Anyway congrats on the gold medal, urm million gold medals to the US.
The British equestrian team are in bronze position at the moment so that's good.
Sometimes to see the way forward we must take a step back and look around.

Life isn't like a book, in a book you can rewrite the bad chapters....

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 pm

India.
Anyway congrats on the gold medal, urm million gold medals to the US.
China has way more, unless you're referring to past Olympics. If not, then even South Korea has more golds than the US. :P

As for Canada, *cough*, why don't we let the discussion continue to, er, matters that don't concern medals?
Image Image

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:17 am

China has way more, unless you're referring to past Olympics. If not, then even South Korea has more golds than the US. :P
Um yeah what on earth at some of the replies. The commentary is probably to blame though. The commentary I get over here is really boring in that they don't tell us about the trash talking but at least it's not nation-centric. My sister is rooting for South Korea, the traitor.

Park Taehwan was awesome though.

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Oooh... burn. :P

Yes, this is tangential for the most part.
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

marzandstars
Council Member

Postby marzandstars » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:26 pm

OH YEAH. That and the fake firework is a BIIIG SCANDAL. XD

Our synchronize swimmer people are the funniest. We have a fourteen year old and some older dude. They lost and the older guy blamed the younger one XD There's also pictures of him on the phone to his mum [who's is in the stands] moaning about the kid. Bad bad bad loser.

We must be swift as a coursing river
With all the force of a great typhoon
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

*rapes* with muchos love from a mysterious sig-raping shadow *disappears*
THIS IS NOT VOLDY. It is a mysterious sig!rapist, leaving some love. *hugs*

Lady Fei Fei
Elf

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:06 pm

India.
quote]

ohhhhh ok ^_^ congrats to India!!
OH YEAH. That and the fake firework is a BIIIG SCANDAL. XD

Our synchronize swimmer people are the funniest. We have a fourteen year old and some older dude. They lost and the older guy blamed the younger one XD There's also pictures of him on the phone to his mum [who's is in the stands] moaning about the kid. Bad bad bad loser.
i heard about the fireworks scandal on the news......is it really true?

oh and there's supposedly another Beijing opening ceremony scandal......one of the little girls who was singing in the ceremony was actually lipsyncing to the voice of another little girl who wasn't "cute enough" to be in the ceremony........ :blink: :angry:
apparently, the little girl who had the beautiful voice was too chubby and had crooked baby teeth. the one who lipsynced was cute and all that jazz.
how cruel is that to little kids???? :angry3:
~Walt Disney

~Along for the Ride

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Oh yeah, the fireworks+lip syncing is hitting the media all over the place.

And actually, if you read the article, it says that the girl who sang didn't mind too much - she was glad that her voice was there, and that she helped in her own way. In a way, this is more cruel, the way the children are pressured/raised/influenced to think. I'm not saying that she was forced to think that way, but a lot of the attitude there is "Whatever I can do that is good for my country makes me happy."

And there's actually a reason for the faked, computer generated fireworks. They wanted to show on TV the cool aerial shot, flying across Beijing and the fireworks. But it would have been dangerous to actually fly there. So they used computer generated images (which took a year to make).

On the other hand, though, there were real fireworks. They just weren't shown on TV.

In other news, Canada is expected to (finally!) get a gold medal. In diving. In a few hours, as of this.

*crosses fingers*
Image Image

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:47 am

Omg I always thought the singing part was dodgy. I was like "Hmm, lip syncing, how expected. OOH PRETTY *lip syncing forgotten*"
In a way, this is more cruel, the way the children are pressured/raised/influenced to think.
I don't understand how this is "more cruel." So if a child is raised differently from how you've been raised it's deemed as more cruel? Children in Africa have it way worse.

Wtf was Thomas Daley blamed for that? Lame. I guess not everyone is going to show the USA team's vaguely homoerotic camaraderie.

Return to “Entertainment”