What's the last movie you've seen?

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
FadingLight
Mud Man
Re: What's the last movie you've seen?

Postby FadingLight » Sun May 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Frozen. I checked out the soundtrack CD first because I wanted to know what "Let it Go" sounded like (I was trying to play it on my recorder) and I liked the song, so I checked out the DVD.
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:54 am

(Frozen is amazing, really. I remember getting chill when I heard Let It Go for the first time.)

My last movie was Jurassic World. (We saw it for father's day, and got Jurassic Smashes at Dairy Queen afterward. :D) I heart a lot of people say it was basically a remake of the first movie, which was true (it had a really similar storyline with similar themes), but it was just so awesome seeing a modern version, I loved it. I also loved seeing all the little references to the first movie (the story is set years after the original movie, so throughout the movie, you see remains of the original theme park.) T-Rex was also redeemed after the humiliation of the third movie. (Spinosaurus? Really?) And there were no feathers on the raptors, so I was happy about that too.
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

FadingLight
Mud Man

Postby FadingLight » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Now it's Mockingjay Part 1, the DVD finally being checked in at my local library. Hurray!

I really like the Hunger Games movies because they stay true to the books while adding new bits that I sometimes wish were in the books (like scenes of rebellion in the districts, or President Snow's reactions to different events).
I said you were smart, Mud Boy. I was wrong; are exceptional.—Qwan
Which do you think seems more suspicious? An alien-looking craft hovering in the yard of a country home, or a floating doorway with a centaur standing in it?—Domovoi Butler
We can only change the future, not the past or present.—Artemis Fowl II
I'm trying to care, Artemis. But I thought it was all supposed to be over when the fat lady sings. Well, she's singing, but it doesn't appear to be over.—Holly Short

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name:AFCutie
Location:Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:36 am

I watched Maze Runner and the Scorch Trials for the second time, only because I had family over and they wanted to watch it. I hadn't read the books, yet, and normally I like to read them before watching the movie, but my brother did and he said they were very similar. Anyway, they were great movies and after watching them the second time, it gave me a better perspective of the movie, while making me wonder how the whole thing really started...
Spoiler:
The whole deal with the sun flare causing a virus and how WCKD started.
Anyway, it's definitely one of those books I'll pick up to read one day.

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:50 am

Last one I saw was Black Panther. Dang, that movie was good. Probably the best Marvel movie other than Captain America: Civil War. Shuri is the best little sister character ever, and I don't care that her memes are outdated. Nakia and Okoye also kick absolute butt as well. Basically, if you haven't seen Black Panther yet, highly recommended. 8)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

Shut up, I know I'm trash.

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 am

Oh yeah, I just saw that one not too long ago, too. (Might even be the last movie I've seen clear through.) Yeah, like, wow. Everyone I'd talked to before said it was amazing, and that wasn't an understatement. (Lol, loved Shuri so much. Her attitude reminded me so much of Foaly, it's not even funny.)
“After all, absolutely no one can help but suspect a criminal, liar, and manipulator of committing crimes, lying, and manipulating. And of course, no one is more aware of that simple fact than Artemis Fowl.”

Opal sets into motion her most diabolical scheme yet, to frame Artemis and turn his closest friends against him. Only this time she has a new calculating partner who knows Artemis better than he knows himself. [An Artemis Fowl fanfiction, set after The Atlantic Complex.]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8336552/1/Noble-Heart ...Shameless self-advertising, guys! C;

(And if you're really bored: http://axxonu.deviantart.com/gallery/28 ... temis-Fowl AF fanart. ;J)

Merv Simestra
Commander
Real First Name:Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 am

(Lol, loved Shuri so much. Her attitude reminded me so much of Foaly, it's not even funny.)
Shuri is female-human!Foaly confirmed.

Last movie I saw now was Infinity War. My word. That movie. Many feels. All I will say about it.
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.
Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.
Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga