Lord ofThe Rings

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!

WHO likes it?

Likes it.
90%
Doesn't like it
10%

Total votes: 31

lotrfan
Commander

Re: Lord ofThe Rings

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 pm

So they think you're emo for reading LOTR?
How dare they! :angry:
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Artificial Asian
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Kayley
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Artificial Asian

Postby Artificial Asian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 am

No, I mean they think I can't possibly like things like LotR because I seem emo...
Basically the same thing Mizora said. ><
"THiS... iS Not ANTi-AMeRiCAN. iT'S ANTi-WAR."

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

oh, ok, I guess that makes sense...
That's stupid of them to think that. Lord of the Rings can and should be loved by all.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

jonnystratus
Cave Troll

Postby jonnystratus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am

Most people will complain about the use of rotoscoping in the film (the use of live action images which are used as background images and often animated over using various techniques from what appears to be small amounts of tinting to full blown animation). But I feel that the people who complain about it simply cannot accept an art form which is out of the norm. No, this is not Disney animation.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:03 pm

jonnystratus wrote:Most people will complain about the use of rotoscoping in the film (the use of live action images which are used as background images and often animated over using various techniques from what appears to be small amounts of tinting to full blown animation). But I feel that the people who complain about it simply cannot accept an art form which is out of the norm. No, this is not Disney animation.

I've never heard anyone complain about that. :huh2:
One of the greatest things about LOTR is it's amazing scenery and special effects. FOTR won the Academy Award for cinematography, and all three won for visual effects. And they were all nominated for Art Direction, but only ROTK won.
ImageImage Image

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 am

lotrfan wrote:
Mizora wrote:I LOVE the movies and the books!!! I especially love Pippin's Irish accent in the movies. It's so cute! People look at me weird when I say I've read the books 'cos they think I'm to young to be handling books like that. Sigh.Teenagers. Sadly underestimated.

How old were you when you read them?

I was either 12 or just 13. Back then most people in my class were reading centimetre wide books and I was reading books like Lord of the Rings and Eragon and so on. I guess that's what earned me the nickname "Bookworm". :laughing:
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Mizora wrote:
lotrfan wrote:
Mizora wrote:I LOVE the movies and the books!!! I especially love Pippin's Irish accent in the movies. It's so cute! People look at me weird when I say I've read the books 'cos they think I'm to young to be handling books like that. Sigh.Teenagers. Sadly underestimated.

How old were you when you read them?

I was either 12 or just 13. Back then most people in my class were reading centimetre wide books and I was reading books like Lord of the Rings and Eragon and so on. I guess that's what earned me the nickname "Bookworm". :laughing:

That's awesome. Don't be ashamed (not that you are).
I think I was like 10 or 11 when I read them, but I was homeschooled at the time, so no one saw me reading them except my best friend, who is also obsessed.
ImageImage Image

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 am

Oh yeah, I had that. :laughing: It's awesome! Three years later they're all like, 'I've just started this amazing series - Eragon!' and then you can get back at them for all the teasing by telling them what happens at the end, because you read it so long ago! :laughing:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Return to “Movies”