Have you seen an ACTUAL scary movie? recommend them please

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
Vegito
Pixie
Real First Name: Bilal

Re: Have you seen an ACTUAL scary movie? recommend them please

Postby Vegito » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:35 pm

I would recommend the Hannibal movies (they freaked me out)!BIG TIME..... Shocked

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:50 pm

Actually, I dunno if I've already posted about this, but I've seen the movie The Shining. Whew! Not a movie for people who easily faint. The bathroom scene, truthfully, was the most horrifying thing I think I'm ever likely to see in my life. And I've just recently seen the movie Gothika on TV. They had to edit it, so it might've been really gross, but what I saw was an EXTREMELY good scary movie. Not as good as The Shining, but still quite scary, and suspenseful without having a stupid plot line. So yeah, if you're looking for a scary movie, I'd say those are pretty dang good ones.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Oooh, The Shining! I really want to see that. I was going to buy it a couple of weeks ago, but Barnes and Noble didn't have it. Come to think of it, I'm going to be down by Blockbuster later today... I should totally buy it and watch it tonight. On my mini-DVD player. Alone. In my room that's across the house from my mom's room and my sister's room.
So, I'll see you all tomorrow if I'm still alive. XD
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Image Image Image
Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

CrazyGirlyCaptain
Centaur
Real First Name: Rory

Postby CrazyGirlyCaptain » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:26 pm

I'd recommend The Ring. It's not really scary except for the face. You know the one. The face the dead people have after Samara gets them. I love watching the end scene when she gets Noah. I've seen the movie so many times and I still sit there yelling at Noah to run away. Samara's walking slow enough. I hate the face....

Don't click on this unless you want to see it....
Spoiler:

naterfwler
Atlantean
Real First Name: Nathan
Location: looking through your window.... and laughing manicaly.... then moving my eyes back and forth.

Postby naterfwler » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:26 am

i was watching Pet Cemetary the other day. That movie is freaky. :scared:
feeling stupid. I know i am. (simpsons)

ummmm........ i cant think of anything to write down.

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 am

I'm a sucker for scary movies... i watch them even though I'm freaked out about them forever after that. I have to say... the only really "scary" movie i've seen was house of wax, and that was more grusome than anything. I watched the grudge 2 a while back with my friend... and i walked into my room after, (we were checking every orifice and door and underneath everything) and i opened my closet and my black halloween wig was sitting there right at eye level...it made me jump but yah. The movie wasnt all that scary, i just let these things get to me.
I ranted didnt i... yes i did... sorry
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Gibbering moron
Centaur
Real First Name: bry

Postby Gibbering moron » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Urm, personally i thought Stephen King's It was quite scary... But then i watched it when i was younger. Has anyone seen it?
I also thought Jeepers creepers was funny, just because i found it a bit to fake... :hmm:
Sometimes to see the way forward we must take a step back and look around.

Life isn't like a book, in a book you can rewrite the bad chapters....

bawjaws2
Mud Man
Real First Name: Ben

Postby bawjaws2 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:10 pm

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I AM LEGEND really freaked me out. Mind you, I did watch it on my own at midnight. :laughing:

MDR
Mud Man

Postby MDR » Fri May 09, 2008 4:34 pm

I saw someone say this but i cant find their post to qoute
anyway i totally agree with them scary movies are much scarier if they
are based on a true story, like Texas chainsaw massacre really freaked me out,
good thing i live far from the USA. lol :laughing:

True story: i saw The ring on a monday (i remember because it also really freaked me out) and even though i didnt get THE phone call, the following Monday i was watching the telly when the channels turned to static (you know like they do in the movie before Samara appears) my heart literally stopped! i was so scared i ran outside the house until i thought it was safe to go back and guess what?...
The channels were back to normal :>
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasnt, copy and paste this in your signature

"REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE"

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

"Ive got two rules for you. First rule: You are no good to me dead. Second rule:.... ahh, whats the use, you'll all end up dead anyway" - Sgt Mcullen, Call of Duty 3

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Sun May 11, 2008 4:44 am

Apparently Amityville Horror was a true story... but I didn't think it was the scariest movie ever...

I started watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre with my friend but I didn't get all the way through it because her mom made us go to bed...I had to cram onto the one-person couch with her though because I was jittery just by hearing the name XD. Still wanna watch it all the way through though...
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

bawjaws2
Mud Man
Real First Name: Ben

Postby bawjaws2 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:41 am

30 days of Night is very scary. It is about vampires attacking a village which spends a month in darkness during winter!

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Postby Venom Wolf » Sun May 11, 2008 10:01 am

To be honest, I find horror computer games more scarier then movies. Probably because it's you being chased and doing the exploring, rather then watching somebody else.

Having said that I've heard 28 Days Later is scary. I've seen the Ring but I've never seen the ending because my cousin wanted to watch something else. Which one is scarier, the US version or the original Japanese one?

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 am

bawjaws2 wrote:30 days of Night is very scary. It is about vampires attacking a village which spends a month in darkness during winter!

Ohhh, good thing I don't live where I used to. That's the way it is up north.

Venom Wolf wrote:To be honest, I find horror computer games more scarier then movies. Probably because it's you being chased and doing the exploring, rather then watching somebody else.

True, because it's pretty much your life and you're controlling everything... not to mention you get a bigger adrenaline rush when it's the person you're controlling is being chased by the homicidal maniac... like me and my friends playing clocktower three.

I've heard that 28 days (or was it weeks?) later was a good one as well, I'm going to watch that one soon.

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:23 am

I've seen a few clips of this film called Cube. It kinda jumps right into the acton, and it gets REALLY gorey, because these people get killed by traps set up in this gigantic cube structure, arranged by 15x15x15 feet cube rooms, and the entire cube structure made by 26x26x26, which is 17,000 cubes or something. It kinda resembles Saw in its traps and human psychology, I guess. Not the absolute scariest, but it just seems to be a Canadian version of Saw.

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:17 pm

I don't really watch scary movies but the bone collector is pretty gruesome. And everyone says the eye is pretty scary. I was so scared when I saw HP and the chamber of secrets, but then, I was only 7 years old.
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Return to “Movies”