Books you'd like to see on-screen

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Books you'd like to see on-screen

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:44 pm

I don't know if this would belong in another section, so feel free to delete or move and just redirect me!

However....

I want to ask the masses

What Book do YOU want to see be made into a movie? (Artemis Fowl is cheating! Most people want that!)

As for myself:

I think a really well-done version of Frankenstein (Read the BOOK) is in order.
I also think Brian Jacques's Castaways of the Flying Dutchman would make and AWESOME movie!
Also: The Westing Game!
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Re: Books you'd like to see on-screen

Postby Antilles » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:39 am

If done right, I think the Bartimaeus Trilogy would be cool to see.

Also - The Icarus Hunt, by Timothy Zahn. It's kind of a sci-fi murder mystery, I think it'd be cool to see on the big screen.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 pm

I agree that both The Westing Game and Bartimaeus would be awesome to see..... As for me, I'd LOVE for them to make a Book Thief movie. That's one that I'd really, really, really love to see on screen. I think they could do such a great job.... The book itself is quite cinematic, and I can totally see it actually working out well. Also I Am the Messenger, though that could wait if it had to.

And, one that I've more recently thought of: more Sherlock Holmes. Though I doubt anyone could live up to Basil Rathbone's interpretation, it makes me sad that Holmes has, in my opinion, been kind of forgotten. He's one of my favorite literary characters of all time, and the only way that we'll ever get to see more of him is on screen. And some of the older Holmes films weren't that great. They need to come out with a collection of really good quality movies.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Lady Fei Fei
Elf
Real First Name: Irene

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:12 am

bartimaeus would be good to see on-screen.
i want to see "artemis fowl", "maximum ride", "pendragon", and "percy jackson and the olympians" become movies. i really hope AF becomes a movie soon!
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

Allysta
Pixie
Real First Name: Melinda

Postby Allysta » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:04 am

I'd like to see the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series made into movies, and The Cry of the Icemark as well. Now there's a cinematically structured movie.

However, I think film rights for both books have already been bought. So, it's possible, though I might have to wait a couple of years -sob-

Also, that would be so incredibly awesome to see the Song of the Lioness quartet on the big screen.
"But what, Ron? What could be wrong?"
"I've got a secret affliction!"
"Disgusting!"
"You don't even know what it is, Harry! It's lice."
"Get. Out."

"Ah, Harry! I've been waiting for you. Avada Ke-"
"No time to chat, Voldemort! Gotta go!
"Oh, but, but... *sob* every time I try to kill Harry..."

Ron's Disease- Potter Puppet Pals

My FanFiction.net account

IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:49 pm

OOH! Have another!

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

cousin.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Ooh, that would totally be a good one.(Love that series. ^_^)

I'd like to see The Hunger Games, Sammy Keyes, and possibly Minerva Clark, and definitely The Supernaturalist be made into movies; they're all really good series/books.
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is a series?!? I didn't know that. (I know about Redwall, however)

Also, one that just jogged my memory was Mary, Bloody Mary which is an excellent account of Mary Tudor's early life. Very tragic and dramatic. I wouldn't mind seeing a well-done version of that!

cousin.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:18 am

I'd love to see The Palace of Laughter by Paul Bajoria (my icon is Little, a Song Angel from the series in question) made into a movie. For anyone who's read it, the Pigball scene would be so cool! It's very colorful, creative, and it would probably be visual eye candy.

AND THEY NEED TO MAKE WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. OMG that would be AMAZING. Another circus book, like TPOL, it would be really interesting to see on the screen.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:06 pm

1. Artemis Fowl
2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians
3. Airman
4. So B. It ( I just started reading it, but it is so dramatic I had to post it here, it would make a great movie )
5. Thinking about it, will come back and edit later.
Last edited by evil pixie on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:05 am

New moon! Ahahahahahahahaa! (/sarcasm)

All of the books that have been suggested are pretty much what I would have said... but the Pretties by Scott Westerfeld would be pretty cool, I think.
Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean
Real First Name: Harlan

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:12 am

Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

And specifically based on the novel, too. Not the musical.
"All things are true. Few things are accurate."-Greg Weisman

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:16 pm

I think that Sammy Keyes could be a great movie, but they'd have to combine like all the books together if they don't want an ongoing twenty-movie sequence.

But I really want to see Ranger's Apprentice on screen. It's an amazing book, and if done right, the movie could be complete awesomeness!

Bartimaeus would be cool, but I have a feeling that the movie people would ruin it.

They arn't exactly books, but I think that if they toned down the Greek myths about their gods, it would be a good movie. They might have to censor come things (I can't see rated R movies) but it would be cool.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:45 am

hollyshort_reconjock wrote:I think that Sammy Keyes could be a great movie, but they'd have to combine like all the books together if they don't want an ongoing twenty-movie sequence.

But I really want to see Ranger's Apprentice on screen. It's an amazing book, and if done right, the movie could be complete awesomeness!

Bartimaeus would be cool, but I have a feeling that the movie people would ruin it.

They arn't exactly books, but I think that if they toned down the Greek myths about their gods, it would be a good movie. They might have to censor come things (I can't see rated R movies) but it would be cool.

Yes! I love Greek Myths!!!
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah, Poseidon and Artemis are my favorite. And I don't like Artemis for the reasons you think. She's so much different than all the other goddesses (always a loner, hunts with her dogs, quick to anger, virgin for life).
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Return to “Movies”