Books you'd like to see on-screen

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
amy767
Swear Toad
Re: Books you'd like to see on-screen

Postby amy767 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:52 pm

I really want to see the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians on the big screen. It's an awesome series. It's all about this half-blood(half god, half human) kid named Percy Jackson.
---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Amy767's PokePet
Image Image
Whizzer the level 99 Jirachi!

"Ford, stop it, you're turning into a penguin" -HHTTG
Your logic makes the puppy sad.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Magerine2
Atlantean
Real First Name:Maggie

Postby Magerine2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:34 am

I'm with Maximum Ride. I think it would work out well. A little difficult, expensive, but it would be awesome.
I do believe in Fowls! I do! I do!

THERE ARE TOO MANY AMAZING ARTEMIS FOWL QUOTES TO FIT ON THIS PAGE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
... Well that just sucks.

"One more step and it'll be your last. No hugs!" ~Major John Casey: NSA Assassin -Chuck

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name:Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:23 am

totally agrees on maximum ride

but the one I really want to see is the hungry city chronicles.
but i don't just want to see it i want to make it because when ever i read the books i can see the scenes in my head and just wish that I was a movie director.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey, guess what? Remember how I said I wanted to see Sherlock Holmes in theatres again??

I WAS RIGHT!!! Robert Downey Jr. is set to be in a new Holmes film this fall!!!!

Hah!!! That's never happened to me before...

Anyway, I think that the book Bad Monkeys would be awesome....Very cinematic, keeps you guessing, quite suspenseful...

AND ANANSI BOYS. Oh god I would DIE of happiness if they turned that into a movie. That's my favorite Gaiman book, and as such one of my all time favorite books in general. The storyline is just begging for someone to pick it up and make it visual... It would be eye candy.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

catalyst
Crazy Random Happenstance

Postby catalyst » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:31 pm

The books I would like to see turned into films would have to be the Dune saga. Sci-Fi channel started making the first 3 into miniseries but in total there are 7 books and I would really like to see the rest.

Wicked, either in its musical or non-musical form would be great to see on film.

I know they are planning on making 1984 into a film again so that is cool.

There are so many others I can't think of right now that I would like to see as movies, there are also a lot that I don't want to see as movies as they could really ruin them:(

Everyone who excels is overcompensating-Topher, Dollhouse

To err is human, To forgive is divine, to understand is genius...

Check out my new blog, if you care to at least:
http://catalyst1991.blogspot.com/

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name:Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:26 pm

I'd love to see the Odd Thomas or Chris Snow series on screen. The Xanth series would make an AWESOME fantasy film (for the older folks who don't want to see crappy kids fantasy movies).

I want a Maximum Ride movie so I can audition for Max.
I want to be Max. ;A;

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

I think that someone seriously needs to make a movie of I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. And The Book Thief by the same guy.

I can just see The Book Theif sweeping at the Oscars because of its miraculous ability to make tears pour from your eyes. Fantastically depressing book--should make an awesome movie. And I Am the Messenger is like, the epic-est, most feelgood, eye-opening story ever written. It's BEGGING for someone to pick it up and make a movie of it! And, with it's high popularity on teen booklists, it actually has a chance!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm probably the only one who wants this but whatever. I would love to see The Edge Chronicles turn into a movie. I think it would totally rock hardcore.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I agree, sort of, I think it's one of those ones that would have to be changed a lot though.

I sometimes think that it's better to change them, and let's be honest: the series was/ is (is it finished yet) too long. And there are three different eras. I don't think it would be an idea to tell it in the order it happens. But some books would have to be combined.

I don't like the books any more, but given to a GOOD director who isn't just trying to follow the books, something could be made of it.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name:Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Griffar

Postby Griffar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:19 am

Tsk tsk sharkie. Double post. XD. Anyway, i would like to see CHERUB as a movie. There is a really good story line for it and i think the movie would be awsome.

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 am

Artemis Fowl, Bartimaeus, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and A Song of Ice and Fire.

Hmm I haven't been reading much lately..

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:49 pm

The Warrior Heir and the rest of the series. Has anyone mentioned that?

I just read the first two books and it was like, well, you know how it feels like to finally find a real book (I sure hope you know how it feels like)

Anyway, it's kind of like harry potter or percy jackson, except for slightly older readers (young adult section)
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 am

I'm with Maximum Ride. I think it would work out well. A little difficult, expensive, but it would be awesome.
The movie rights to Maximum Ride were sold a couple of years ago =]

Anyway, I'd love to see more of Anne Rice's novels on the Big Screen. Perhaps Armand? I loved his story. Anne McCaffery's Science Fiction would be amazing as well, but they'd need a very high budget to make the dragons realistic.

I think most of all I'd like my favorite novel, As Meat Loves Salt, to be made into a movie, but I don't think it'd be a huge hit. It's not the kind of story that appeals to a lot of people (a tragic, homoerotic war story about a mad gentry man?) but I really do think it make a very powerful film and would definitely win some awards even if the ticket sales were low.

I'm not entirely sure if I agree about The Edge Chronicles, though. Because of the illustrations in the novel we already have a really good idea of what everything looks like, so we'd feel a little detached when we see a real person acting as Twig, and I think we'd be a little disappointed no matter who played him.

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name:Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat May 02, 2009 4:51 am

Hilary McKay's books about the Casson family, especially Indigo's Star and Permanent Rose. I doubt anyone else here has heard of them but I loooooove themmmmm. I don't know why; I just think they'd make such cute films.
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Image Image Image
Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

foalyfan3
Gremlin

Postby foalyfan3 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Do any of you know of Leven Thumps. If you don't , 1) You really need to find out what the difference between good literature and bad literature is 2) YOU NEED TO READ THE BOOK! 3) [read number two again], but yea, I want to see Leven Thumps in theatres, and it will be!!! See it when it comes out in three years!!!!! :loveeyes:

Return to “Movies”