Percy Jackson and the Olympians Movie

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
Artemis 117
Mud Man
Real First Name:Jacob
AFC Fan Fiction Name:artemis 117
Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians Movie

Postby Artemis 117 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:03 am

*thinks* I wonder what the budget will be

$23438947918695615568491539588134904846346154384386143684678592684967. 67

Just a guess 8)
Am I the only brony here?
Deal with it XD

IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:34 am

I am looking forward to it. ^^ I haven't read the books, but I intend to before seeing it so I can be an educated viewer.
Not thinking it'll be the best movie I've ever seen...I mean...eh, but it'll be a fun flick to see. Shiny!
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

Cat Moon
Commander
Location:HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 pm

All the posters just went up in the cinemas near me! *blissful grin*
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

wolfhowl
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby wolfhowl » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 am

i is so totally ready for this movie.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:43 pm

It's all over the buses near me - I jump up and down with excitement every time a bus goes past. I really can't wait!
Just judging by the buses, it looks like they've got Percy exactly right- but wasn't Annabeth meant to be blonde with curly hair?

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name:ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 pm

It's all over the buses near me - I jump up and down with excitement every time a bus goes past. I really can't wait!
Just judging by the buses, it looks like they've got Percy exactly right- but wasn't Annabeth meant to be blonde with curly hair?
Can I give you some advice if you've read the books and want to see the movie?
Forget all about the books.

They have changed the plot so totally it's not worth talking about. And also they have Poisoiden all 'I'm so sorry I wasn't a better father' (that really irked me, the guys a freaking god!) But if you forget all about the books it's not a bad movie, and they definatly haven't messed it up like Eragon (is there actually a movie as messed up as that?) Plus Percy's really cute.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 am

OHMYGOD. The movie was terrible. (My opinion). They changed the plot a ton and even at this one part where Rick Riordan (sp?) specifically wrote why what happened, the movie scriptwriters/director MESSED IT ALL UP. >_< I was so disappointed with the movie. It would have been a great movie if it wasn't a book, but it was and it was terrible.They don't even have Clarisse or Ares in the movie! ho are they going to do the rest of the series? DX It was BAD. Bad. If I wanted too, I could put a whole list on why it was bad. >_> The trailers and posters and previews were all really really good, but the movie...no.
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm

I liked it. I thought it went somewhere new, which I always look for in an adaptation, and Luke was exactly as I'd hoped. The effects were awesome, and I guess they had to cater for a movie audience.

I'd agree with the Poseidon thing though - the whole 'my parent hates me, no wait, he doesn't' is kind of overused.
And the fact that it was Poseidon's fault makes it a bit difficult if they go for sequels, since they'll have to do some work with the prophecy. having said that - they changed so much that the prophecy shouldn't be too much of an issue. :laughing:

~Moist von Lipwig

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name:Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name:Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:42 am

I really want to see the PJatLT movie for sooo long! Is it still in the cinemas?
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 pm

I like the movie, even though it's so different from the book.

I can't believe they have nothing about the prophecy at all, that like what the entire series revolves around and they didn't put it in at all. They just sneak out.
I don't mind the whole thing about them searching for the pearls. It kind of gives them a reason to go to all those places instead of them just wandering into them, (except the Hydra).

And why does Annabeth not have blonde hair? I mean, it doesn't bug me that much, but seriously.

I still like it though, and I just got into the whole series and love them, so I really want to see the next one as a movie, which is kind of my favorite. I think they can fix the things that they messed up in the first one though for the second.

Oh, I just remembered something else. They didn't have anything about Thalia's tree, because the camp isn't on a hill, it's just in the middle of a forest, so they'll have to change that for the second one and put the tree there.

I bought it on DVD and it says there are deleted scenes though. I haven't watched them, but maybe they'll help a bit.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name:Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:40 pm

I like the movie, even though it's so different from the book.
Eh, as a film it was mediocre. The acting was pretty bad at points. It seemed it a bit rushed. As an adaptation of the book, it was a lot worse. As you say- they deviated a lot.

It did have some good parts, though; the beginning was awesome, as was the water healy thing- the CGI was great for that.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I just saw it for the first time yesterday. As a movie it was pretty good and I rather enjoyed it. Yes, the acting at times wasn't that good. Annabeth, especially! Ugh! She was just awful! She annoyed me the whole time, so much so that if they did continue the series I would not mind if they recasted her (which is usually one of my biggest pet peeves with movies)

As an adaptation: there were tons of changes, but it wasn't the worst I've ever seen (as far as adaptation goes Ella Enchanted gets the honor of being the worst). The only way I can see them continuing the series is to change even more stuff in the following books. The biggest thing that bugged me: Persphone (sp?) being in the Underworld. It was summer! She would have been up on the earth above. At least they showed that she didn't like it in the Underworld and that she felt trapped. (That was one of the few things that was off about the books).

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I just saw it for the first time yesterday. As a movie it was pretty good and I rather enjoyed it. Yes, the acting at times wasn't that good. Annabeth, especially! Ugh! She was just awful! She annoyed me the whole time, so much so that if they did continue the series I would not mind if they recasted her (which is usually one of my biggest pet peeves with movies)

As an adaptation: there were tons of changes, but it wasn't the worst I've ever seen (as far as adaptation goes Ella Enchanted gets the honor of being the worst). The only way I can see them continuing the series is to change even more stuff in the following books. The biggest thing that bugged me: Persphone (sp?) being in the Underworld. It was summer! She would have been up on the earth above. At least they showed that she didn't like it in the Underworld and that she felt trapped. (That was one of the few things that was off about the books).
Yeah, it's not a bad movie, it's a bad adaptation. I wouldn't want them to recast Annabeth because I think that would be really weird, but they should at least give her like a blonde wig or something. Seriously...how do they just get that wrong? I feel like I wouldn't hate the actress so much if she had blonde hair. (And Percy could just be like "oh you dyed your hair," and then move on. Like hardly address it at all, and just pretend it was always like that.)

I think they could still make the sequel. They would definitely have to change a lot of things, and add a lot of things that they left out. They'd have to just explain about Kronos and the prophecy in that one. (Maybe they could pretend that it didn't happen until now?) I think that was the thing that I hated the most about the changes, that they just completely left out the whole reason for any of this (Kronos). And since he'd like 16, they could extend the prophecy until he's 18 or something. And I hate how the camp is just in the middle of a forest, so they'd need to at least put a pine tree next to the entrance (if not completely re-do that.) I really think that if they just changed these things and just pretended that they were always like that, then no one would care at all.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name:bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:47 am

I'm just wondering how they're going to do everything they need to do without Luke. He's a very crucial character.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm just wondering how they're going to do everything they need to do without Luke. He's a very crucial character.
I think they'll bring him back. They have to. I mean, there's a slight chance he could have survived that, plus, they could always come up with a reason for his survival anyway. They would have to bring him back.
ImageImage Image

Return to “Movies”