Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [spoilers]

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [spoilers]

Postby Mizora » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 am

I don't know what the next HP books will be about but Rowling said that the main character probably won't be Harry because she feels that she has "already told his story".
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah, there definitely is nothing else she can do with them. So this will just be a "companion series" type thing, not called Harry Potter, that just has different kids going to Hogwarts. Maybe it'll be their kids going to Hogwarts? That could be interesting. It'll probably be like the Heroes of Olympus series, the new Percy Jackson-ish book.

Also, the DH trailer is actually on TV now! It's awesome!
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

She didn't even say that she WAS going to write more, just that she can't rule it out.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Mizora
Spartan Warrior

Postby Mizora » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 am

Yay, it's decided! I'm going to see Deathly Hallows part 1 for my birthday!!! I can't wait.
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Are you going to the midnight showing? A lot of people I know are, but I never go to those, and especially since it's on a school night... But I'm seeing it on Saturday!
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:08 pm

I've seen it! Since everyone here's read the book and it does say spoilers in the title, I won't bother putting anything in spoiler tabs. But if you havn't seen it, I'm not revealing anything drastic.

I think it's the best HP movie yet - I really didn't like any of the others, but in this one I really felt something. It's obviously enhanced because I've read the books and because I'm so attached to them, but especially in the first sequence when they're all leaving their families and you see the devestation that Voldemort is causing. You just feel for them, that their world is falling apart and what they're going through. It really moved me and I think they caught the essence of it very well - the danger, the fear, the fact that they're refugees essentially.

When Hedwig died I cried for at least a third of the rest of the movie - actually blubbering. I don't think I've ever cried that much in a movie before. Obviously they were restricted for time, so I'm not angry that they missed out things but I just wish they could have kept it in. Like the development of Kreacher's characters, love that bit in the books. And I loved the Hermionie and Harry dancing bit - for the first time I thought they'd captured some of the friendship between the main characters. For a bit they became real - best friends who are going through a hard time. I thought they didn't manage to capture the romance at all. And I thought it ended quite well - it could've ended abruptley (sp) and felt like it had just been cut in the middle, but it was quite good. So yeah, good reviews on my part. What does everyone else think?
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 am

Kitsy- I agree with a all you have to say. It was a good film, although if I hadn't read the books, I think I would have been clueless- not much explaining happens.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Mizora
Spartan Warrior

Postby Mizora » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 am

I mostly agree with what you say, Kitsy. I haven't seen it yet (I'm going this Saturday!) and the problem is that I keep getting mixed reviews. My aunty saw it first and loved it because they didn't leave much out for once, but my friend told me that it wasn't very good and the other movies were better. Also, Kitsy, you said it didn't end very abruptly but my other friend said the complete opposite! I don't know who to believe! Is it good or is it bad? I tend to believe my aunty though. It's a two and a half hour movie and only half the book! It's gotta be good!
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 am

Go see it for yourself and then make up your mind, always the best thing to do!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh My God, it was so awesome!! I agree with most of what you said Kitsy, it was definitely the best one yet. I liked most of the others, but this one was so much better because it has basically everything that was in the book.
Hedwig! :( That was so sad. But I love that she attacked the death eater and went down fighting. And Dobby. The next part is just going to be completely heart-wrenching.
I thought it was a really good way to end it because it was just so "WTF!" and you just want to see the next one so bad!

Speaking of which, when does the next one come out?! Is it July or June? (I could probably figure it out by looking back through this discussion...but I'm just that lazy, plus I figure you guys know it off the top of your heads)

I can't wait!!
ImageImage Image

Mizora
Spartan Warrior

Postby Mizora » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:59 am

The release dates depend on what country you're in. I think it's July the 15th for both the UK and the US, though.

EDIT: I've finally seen the HPDH part 1 movie! Best HP movie yet! :loveeyes:
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!

Return to “Movies”