Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
Artemis 117
Mud Man
Real First Name: Jacob
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artemis 117

Postby Artemis 117 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Well i would have posted this one early but I didn't know that there wasn't a thread for this.

9 is the best movie EVA and is by my second favorite director/producer is Tim Burton. Anyone else like this movie too? Also, can someone send a link to a free digital one.....
Am I the only brony here?
Deal with it XD

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Re: 9

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 am

I thought the commercials for this movie were more intense than the movie itself. I'd watched them and fallen in love with the song "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria, and I was so looking forward to it being in the film, but it wasn't. I'm of the opinion that if they played some hard core metal music, it would have been a better movie.

As it was, it was almost too sensitive for the topic. If you're going to do an apocalypse movie, I like them to be either REALLY hardcore and actiony so that it distracts you from the horrible sadness of the world ending, or end with some hopefulness. This didn't really do either. It was too sad. And to make things worse, the main characters were freakin adorable and I loved them and it didn't really end up well for most of them. It wasn't really my style, and I was totally surprised because I think Tim Burton is a movie god and I've loved everything else by him.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Re: 9

Postby Palagrin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:46 pm

It was a great concept, and I love how it was made- really interesting. The ending was a bit poor though, and it was a bit disappointing. Apart from that, a great conceptual film.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Return to “Movies”