Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Postby Mizora » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 am

I was looking up some stuff on the internet and I found a reference to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I looked into it and I found it was due for release on the 20th of May 2011. Is this true or is it just a rumour?

EDIT: I posted this a while ago and now I guess everyone now knows that it isn't a rumour and the movie is currently due for release on May 20th! Anyone going to see it?
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AqJww06bw

Anyway, I have noticed a new rumour!
Fifth and sixth films:
The actors playing in the fourth film were told by Disney not to occupy their time in the near future, as the studio intends to shoot a fifth and sixth film back-to-back.On January 14, 2011, it was confirmed that Terry Rossio will write the screenplay for the fifth installment, without his co-writer Ted Elliott. Johnny Depp said that he would be happy to return as Captain Jack Sparrow saying "As long as we can put all the puzzle pieces together, I would most definitely consider it".

Now keep in mind that this did come from Wikipedia, so you can't trust it entirely.
Last edited by Mizora on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Winter
Pixie

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Postby Winter » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:13 am

Just did a bit of research myself, and yep, looks like it's true.

Not sure if I'll watch it. William and Elizabeth aren't even in it. But on the plus side, it's all about Jack Sparrow, so it might not be that bad.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

diesector21
Centaur
Real First Name: Henry

Postby diesector21 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 am

Eh, the series' has been lately catering to its fanbase rather than simply being a good film to watch, so I'm gonna skip on it. Hell, I only watched the original by accident on TV. Wasn't bad, but the subsequent ones were weird.

If you wanna find me more often, go here. But don't bump the thread.

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Oh yes, they've been working on this project for quite a while now.

I'm not sure what to make of it. PotC seems good as a trilogy to me. In fact, it could've even worked as just one film, but I did love Dead Man's Chest and thought At World's End was...okay. I think a fourth film will just be stretching it too much. Will and Elizabeth aren't in it, and although that doesn't bother me as much since Jack is my favorite character, I'm just hoping the actual plot is well-developed. It's clear that they just want to make more money off the franchise while they still can. I just hope they can pull it off. Johnny Depp is getting paid tens of millions of dollars to do this (because he was reluctant to do it at first). I hope it's good.

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 pm

My reaction is... meh. I'll probably rent it when it hits DVD.

I liked the original trilogy, don't get me wrong, just not excited for what looks like a money-grab to me.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 am

Voldy wrote:Oh yes, they've been working on this project for quite a while now.

I'm not sure what to make of it. PotC seems good as a trilogy to me. In fact, it could've even worked as just one film, but I did love Dead Man's Chest and thought At World's End was...okay. I think a fourth film will just be stretching it too much. Will and Elizabeth aren't in it, and although that doesn't bother me as much since Jack is my favorite character, I'm just hoping the actual plot is well-developed. It's clear that they just want to make more money off the franchise while they still can. I just hope they can pull it off. Johnny Depp is getting paid tens of millions of dollars to do this (because he was reluctant to do it at first). I hope it's good.

Whoa! Where do you get all your information from, Voldy?
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:26 pm

IMDB, and probably other movie sites around the web. PotC4 has been a confirmed project for a while now, though details on it are still pretty scarce.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:47 pm

2011? I guess that's plausible. At first I thought you said 2010.
I'm looking forward to it, and I think it should be good. I wanted Will and Elizabeth to be in it, but there's nothing more that can really be done with their story. I'll miss them though, Will is my favorite character, and that's where the romance comes from. But this one's all about Jack and Barbossa. It'll still be good, cause Jack's awesome, and I'll still see it, but I think they should have left it as a trilogy.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm

The first one was the only one that, in my opinion, and I'm sure critically, can be called a really good film.

I loved it more than can be said. It fostered an amazing fandom, and some excellent fics.

The last two films were awful. I don't count them :D

Probably will not watch it.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

The fact that it's about Jack and Barbossa makes me feel better about it - perhaps it'll be action packed and funny and interesting and a good movie?
Maybe?
Well, there's at least a possibility.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 pm

sharkie wrote:The first one was the only one that, in my opinion, and I'm sure critically, can be called a really good film.

I loved it more than can be said. It fostered an amazing fandom, and some excellent fics.

The last two films were awful. I don't count them :D

Probably will not watch it.

I love them all. The third one is actually my favorite, or it might be tied with the first, but I think they're good.
Why do people hate sequels so much? Although, you might be right in that four is going too far.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm actually exited about the fourth one coming out. Even though Will and Elizabeth arn't going to be in it, it'll still be a good movie. It'll be different.

Lady Fei Fei
Elf
Real First Name: Irene

Postby Lady Fei Fei » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 pm

I heard that Penelope Cruz is going to be in it as Blackbeard's daughter & Jack's love interest.....Jack with a LOVE INTEREST?! He's a ladies man, a pirate pimp, I cannot BELIEVE that they're gonna make him fall in love.....:(
But, it'll be interesting watching it without Will & Elizabeth. I heard Pintel & Ragetti aren't coming back, though, I loved them! :(
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things because we're curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
~Walt Disney

"And the bottom line is, what defines you isn't how many times you crash, but the number of times you get back on the bike. As long as it's one more, you're all good."
~Along for the Ride

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't care me at all. Nothing's like before.

Celsica
Dwarf

Postby Celsica » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

This is the info I recollected:

in May 20th, the fourth installment of this worldwide best-selling series is coming out, Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger Tides

Cast:

Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp): After losing his ship, the Black Pearl, he's now in a journey to the Fountain of Youth, guided by the charts he stole in the previous movie.

Captain Hector Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush): a former pirate, and now a privateer (with a wooden leg!) of the court of King George II. He encounters Jack and they travel together to the Fountain.

Angelica (Penelope Cruz): Blackbeard's daughter, and Jack's love interest along the film.

Blackbeard (Ian McShane): An old and cruel pirate captain, who is helping Jack for his own interest.

Joshamee Gibbs (Kevin McNally): Jack's friend and associate.

Captain Teague (Keith Richards): Jack's father.

This film is a sort of adaptation of the novel "On Stranger Tides". The main character is one the search of the fountain of youth, and he ends up being part of the crew of Blackbeard, then joins him to find what they two want the most.

Of what I inferred, Jack searchs the fountain of youth and ends up in London (imprisoned, obviously). He then encounters Barbossa (now privateer) and they continue there search together. They cross the sea of mermaids and then ZOMBIES APPEAR! but they were Blackbeard's crew. Jack ends up being part of the crew and tries to do a mutiny, and fails; but then he and Blackbeard (with her daughter) join to find the fountain. (THIS IS WHAT I HAVE INFERRED OF ALL THE INFORMATION POSTED BY THE PRODUCERS!)

It has already two trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNaTZAjyR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONawmz7MBY

Producers: Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer
Director: Rob Marshall
Music: Hans Zimmer
"I'll spare you the details, but basically the smoking jacket is not smoking"
Neal Caffrey --- White Collar

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 am

I'm looking forward to this. I doubt it'll be as good as PotC1, but it should still be good.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Return to “Movies”