Inception

Talk about the latest action movies, sci-fi thrillers, horrors and chick-flicks here!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Inception

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:31 am

I just saw it again today and this time I could actually hear it! It is certainly my favorite movie of all time! The acting, CGI, everything, it's just incredible. I wonder if Chris Nolan is thinking about making a sequel, especially sense you aren't sure it Cobb is in reality or still in a dream at the end of the movie.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:23 am

^ Yeah, but I think that just makes the movie even better...the cliffhanger sort of ending. It leaves you unsure of whether he was in reality or in a dream, thus piquing your curiosity.... :p I dunno...

I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel, though!!
TAC
Spoiler:
'I must go,Butler,' said Artemis firmly.'My mind is eating me alive.I think the guilt is the main problem.I must do whatever I can to atone.'
'And?' said Butler,unconvinced.
Artemis held his arms out so that Foaly could drape the suit sleeves over them.
'And I will not be beaten by that jackass.'
'Jackass?'said Foaly,wounded.‘My favourite uncle is a jackass.'

From here
Spoiler:
If asked in class what the Avada Kedavra curse does, yelling "It does DEATH!" may be correct but is not the manner in which one should answer.
The proper way to report to Professor McGonagall is "You wanted to see me, Professor?" Not "I have it on good authority that you have no evidence."
I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwarts' smartest student is in another house.
I will not conjure up lemons and say-Life hath given thou LEMONS!

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Purple_Enigma wrote:^ Yeah, but I think that just makes the movie even better...the cliffhanger sort of ending. It leaves you unsure of whether he was in reality or in a dream, thus piquing your curiosity.... :p I dunno...

I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel, though!!

Neither would I....as long as it's as good as the first or better. A lot of movies and their sequels fall into the "good movie, bad sequel" category, and I would hate to see that happen to Inception, but I'm unduly afraid of that happening. Chris Nolan is an amazing director and I'm sure he could pull it off.

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm

I wonder where they'd go with a sequel, because Cobb's character arc has resolved itself quite nicely.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:38 am

It's a bit like Avatar. I don't have a single clue where it will go. The story arc has been pretty much closed.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:19 pm

I'd say it was even more closed than avatar.

I guess you could have Cobb returning to dream stealing because he got bored of life with his kids, although that would be very out of character. Or he's forced to by some evil guys? Maybe more realistic.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Or how bout a rescue mission? Say someone they know, even one of the time, was kidnapped and held captive in his/her own mind/dream.

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 am

That would work.

I doubt there will be a sequel unless Mr Director finds a good story for it.

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:01 am

It had to be a dream. It hadhadhad to. There was no grandma, old man/ granfather was in Paris, right? And the kids were too young, they would be old by now.

Did anyone get- no, wait. I'm good.

Just a little bit of math now

dream one:
12 times faster than reality.
Dream two:
12 times faster than dream one
144 times faster than reality.
Dream three:
12 times faster than dream two
144 times faster than dream one
1728 times faster than reality
Dream four:
12 times faster than dream three
144 times faster than dream two
1728 times faster than dream one
20736 times faster than reality.

So if you spent fifty years in dream four, you spent roughly twenty one hours in real-time, minus the time it would take to get there.

I hope I got the math right.
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 am

Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:It had to be a dream. It hadhadhad to. There was no grandma, old man/ granfather was in Paris, right? And the kids were too young, they would be old by now.

I read in an interview where Chris Nolan (the director) said that the kids at the end were older. They worked with two different sets of kids.

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 am

bluesunrise wrote:
Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:It had to be a dream. It hadhadhad to. There was no grandma, old man/ granfather was in Paris, right? And the kids were too young, they would be old by now.

I read in an interview where Chris Nolan (the director) said that the kids at the end were older. They worked with two different sets of kids.

It still seems wrong to me. They look too much like their former selves, just a little different. The details of the movies are fading now, but weren't they wearing similar clothes? The similar haircuts? The way they stood in a nearly identical way? And that still leaves two other problems, doesn't it?
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.



Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you


"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex


GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.


afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 am

Dontmovethefilesevil wrote:
bluesunrise wrote:

It still seems wrong to me. They look too much like their former selves, just a little different. The details of the movies are fading now, but weren't they wearing similar clothes? The similar haircuts? The way they stood in a nearly identical way? And that still leaves two other problems, doesn't it?

I watched the movie twice(I understood it much better the second time, and enjoyed it even more) and I noticed that they were sitting the same way and everything. I think that he was still in the dream relm. I'm also sure that if they do make a sequel, he be able to get out of it. He did manage to get out before with his wife, why wouldn't he manage to get out again. Then again, it might make him loose the grasp of reality and cause him to stay in him dream life. Either way, i would like to watch it if they do another one.

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I personally think that he is in the real world. And I doubt that there will be a sequel; the story ended really nicely, and Nolan isn't one to keep churning out sequels.

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 am

Palagrin wrote:I personally think that he is in the real world. And I doubt that there will be a sequel; the story ended really nicely, and Nolan isn't one to keep churning out sequels.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's in the real world too. Even though Nolan didn't come out and say whether or not the end's a dream, it sounded like it isn't.

Palagrin
Mud Man

Postby Palagrin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm

I love how Nolan isn't saying whether he's in the real world or not- it kinda keeps everyone speculating. To be honest, it's not really important- more important is the fact that Cobb just doesn't care anymore, and just leaves the top spinning to go to his kids.

Return to “Movies”