Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Anyone a fan of Doctor Who?

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Kitsy wrote:I'm assuming you're not British then, so you can't watch it on Iplayer? :( Sad tiems. My dad/sister sort of watch it, occasionally. But on Christmas/New Years Day I sit them down and make everyone watch it. (I'm quite obviously the older sibling in this family xD)

Yeah, I live in the U.S. Fortunately, though I can usually find episodes online the day after they air, so I usually am update to date in watching them. (I wish I could get my family to watch it, but they think it looks stupid :( )
I just wish some of my friends watched it, because I don't have anyone to talk to about it, except for people online.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Ahhhh the trailer for the christmas special is up! It looks so good! Matt Smith is so legit.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:07 am

BkkprGirl wrote:Ahhhh the trailer for the christmas special is up! It looks so good! Matt Smith is so legit.

It does look great, doesn't it? And Michael Gambon is in it! I love that actor!

Check this out:

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/artic ... latestnews

Edit: So, what did you all think of the Christmas Special? Wasn't it amazing or what?

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:04 am

YES! I AM! *Puts on T-shirt that says "The angels have the phonebox* I even write a FF on it. Surprisingly, it is called "Artemis Fowl and The Time Lord" (get it? The Time Paradox, The Time Lord?) however I have not been updating chapters regularly and it has just 16 reviews...wha. Just saying if you guys want to check it out. It's with the tenth doctor.
I see you too! XD

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am

opalkoboi wrote:YES! I AM! *Puts on T-shirt that says "The angels have the phonebox* I even write a FF on it. Surprisingly, it is called "Artemis Fowl and The Time Lord" (get it? The Time Paradox, The Time Lord?) however I have not been updating chapters regularly and it has just 16 reviews...wha. Just saying if you guys want to check it out. It's with the tenth doctor.

Is it posted on here or on Fanfiction.net? If the latter, what's your username?

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:28 pm

bluesunrise wrote:
opalkoboi wrote:YES! I AM! *Puts on T-shirt that says "The angels have the phonebox* I even write a FF on it. Surprisingly, it is called "Artemis Fowl and The Time Lord" (get it? The Time Paradox, The Time Lord?) however I have not been updating chapters regularly and it has just 16 reviews...wha. Just saying if you guys want to check it out. It's with the tenth doctor.

Is it posted on here or on Fanfiction.net? If the latter, what's your username?

It's on FanFiction.net, and my user name is Heiki Koboi - no one in the world has that name. Seriously, I invented I name no one has! I am so changing my name to that offically when I'm older. But, yeah, anyway, that's what you wanted to know. ^.^
I see you too! XD

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 am

I just saw the Christmas Special at a friend's house (she taped it because I couldn't watch it on Christmas :( )
Spoiler:
I have to say I really enjoyed it! It was really sad though. I was almost crying when I realised what the numbers meant. It was just so tragic. And the "Ghost of Christmas Present" was really good. The saddest bit was probably the "Ghost of Christmas Future". I wasn't sure at first if it was the man's son or himself, which didn't really make a difference in the end.

There were a lot of really good lines though. I laughed quite a lot in bits, practically every time thanks to the new doctor. I think the new doctor is doing astonishingly well, especially considering that he was straight after David Tennant (who I think is, without doubt, the best doctor) and despite many of my friends refusing to accept that DH is gone, I think the new doctor is pulling me around. I really miss David Tennant, but the new doctor is as good a replacement as I could have hoped.

The acting was also very good. One of the things I love about Dr Who is that it makes these ridiculously far-fetched and unusual stories seem almost likey - or at least, extremely realistic- and I think that is one of the reasons I love this series so much. I'm anxious for the next series to start already!

All in all, I loved the Christmas Special. I'm really glad I knew the story "A Christmas Carol" (Charles Dickens) so well though. I think the producers expected everyone to know that story. It is a classic, after all, I guess.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:I just saw the Christmas Special at a friend's house (she taped it because I couldn't watch it on Christmas :( )
Spoiler:
I have to say I really enjoyed it! It was really sad though. I was almost crying when I realised what the numbers meant. It was just so tragic. And the "Ghost of Christmas Present" was really good. The saddest bit was probably the "Ghost of Christmas Future". I wasn't sure at first if it was the man's son or himself, which didn't really make a difference in the end.

There were a lot of really good lines though. I laughed quite a lot in bits, practically every time thanks to the new doctor. I think the new doctor is doing astonishingly well, especially considering that he was straight after David Tennant (who I think is, without doubt, the best doctor) and despite many of my friends refusing to accept that DH is gone, I think the new doctor is pulling me around. I really miss David Tennant, but the new doctor is as good a replacement as I could have hoped.

The acting was also very good. One of the things I love about Dr Who is that it makes these ridiculously far-fetched and unusual stories seem almost likey - or at least, extremely realistic- and I think that is one of the reasons I love this series so much. I'm anxious for the next series to start already!

All in all, I loved the Christmas Special. I'm really glad I knew the story "A Christmas Carol" (Charles Dickens) so well though. I think the producers expected everyone to know that story. It is a classic, after all, I guess.

I had to watch it online because a)I'm the only one in my family who watches DW and b)we don't have cable :( .
Spoiler:
I love it too! The scene were Kazran asks the Doctor, "One last day with your beloved, what day would you choose?" I swear the Doctor was thinking of Rose right then! Yeah, does little happy dance!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

I watched it on Christmas Day, BBC1 because that's the only way to watch it xD It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. Standard special reallly. I do love that Rory and Pond were wearing their respective outfits though!

What I realllly can't wait for is the new season - has anyone else seen the trailer? Looks amaazing.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Kitsy wrote:I watched it on Christmas Day, BBC1 because that's the only way to watch it xD It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. Standard special reallly. I do love that Rory and Pond were wearing their respective outfits though!

What I realllly can't wait for is the new season - has anyone else seen the trailer? Looks amaazing.

I hope the fez makes an appearance. ;) The Ood are going to be back! (That means they appear in ever even numbered season of the new series so far.)

Oh, I've heard that we will finally get to find out who exactly Rive Song is! Yay! The suspense is killing me!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

No, Fezs are so last season. Now stretsons, stretsons are cool.

For those who havn't seen the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpe1Ywz8azM

I love the rough-looking, bearded doctor. Not quite as hot, but he looks so helpless that I want him. Mmm.

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Kitsy wrote:No, Fezs are so last season. Now stretsons, stretsons are cool.

For those who havn't seen the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpe1Ywz8azM

I love the rough-looking, bearded doctor. Not quite as hot, but he looks so helpless that I want him. Mmm.

I wonder what happens to him that he ends up getting imprisoned. And what is with the weird stitches on Amy and River?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 pm

http://kittycrumble.tumblr.com/post/444 ... ck-far-too

Click above for the trailer! Two weeks to go!

What do you guys think? It looks awesome, very epic-like (especially with the music) but then the DW trailers are always pretty awesome.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I can't even deal with the amount of excitement I have over Doctor Who right now! The curiosity is eating me alive. Who are the Silence?! Who does Amy shoot at the end of that one trailer?! Did you hear it's been confirmed that either Amy, Rory, River or Eleven is going to die in the FIRST EPISODE? Of course there's death and then there's death, so it probably won't be conventional or what we're expecting. Honestly I'm so sick of River that I hope it's her--and it better not be Rory. That poor guy has suffered enough death.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:25 pm

I don't think Rory will die AGAIN, he just got back after all! I don't think River will die straight away either because she's got to be in the rest of the season. But then again, she's such a time traveller that she can be but it'll just be her from the past.

OH WAIT SHE CAN'T DIE. Can she? Because she dies when she first meets the Doctor, in the Library episode!

But ahhh, I'm so excited. I love the rough, sexy but obviously hurt looking Doctor that we get a glimpse of. Isn't River supposed to be imprisoned because she did something really bad? Was it that she killed the Doctor? Hasn't that been hinted at? I bet that'd be the first time she ever met him from her side.

Return to “TV”