Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Anyone a fan of Doctor Who?

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 am

Kitsy wrote:OH WAIT SHE CAN'T DIE. Can she? Because she dies when she first meets the Doctor, in the Library episode!

To quote the Doctor himself, "Time can be rewritten."
Kitsy wrote:But ahhh, I'm so excited. I love the rough, sexy but obviously hurt looking Doctor that we get a glimpse of. Isn't River supposed to be imprisoned because she did something really bad? Was it that she killed the Doctor? Hasn't that been hinted at? I bet that'd be the first time she ever met him from her side.

My friend came up with this theory that I love! He thinks that River "kills" the 8th Doctor, only he never saw who it was who did it and thus he is forced to regenerate into the 9th Doctor. It might actually work for two reasons: the 8th to 9th regeneration is the only one that hasn't been shown and in one of the trailers for a brief second you get a glimpse of 9/10's TARDIS! Plus, this would mean that they would bring Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston back for a bit! What do you all think?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 am

Well, that could work--except for the fact that Eccleston has vehemently stated several times that he's never coming back to Doctor Who. I don't know why he wouldn't want to, but there it is.

Anyway, have any of you guys heard of the rumors that the Silence can be seen in Series 5 episodes? I was just watching the Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, and there are DEFINITELY things hiding behind the sarcophogai in the museum. Like, cloaked figures at the very edge of the screen--one of them even glides off the shot in a split second. And in the new trailer the Doctor said something about them always being there, ever since there was something moving in the corner of your eye...

I won't pretend like any of my theories are actually going to come true, and I may be making a mountain out of a very suspicious looking production malfunction, but this is Doctor Who. People were flipping out about how Eleven was wearing his jacket in that one scene of The Time of Angels when he was talking to Amy--and it turned out to actually be a future incarnation of him.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Has anyone else seen the first episode of the new season yet?
Spoiler:
That was totally mind blowingly awesome! I had heard that one of the four main characters was going to die, but I was absolutely sure that it wasn't going to be the Doctor, only to proved totally wrong! I think it's kind of cool how they pulled that off. And Amy being pregnant, I kind of saw that coming. Oh, I do hope River isn't going to turn out to be her daughter.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Spoiler:
No, i think River just kills the Doctor.

Now excuse me, I need to vent:
HOW COULD THEY LEAVE IT AT THAT CLIFFHANGER?! THAT EPISODE WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!! HOW COULD THEY MAKE US WAIT A WEEK FOR ANOTHER?! WHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done. :)
I see you too! XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Spoiler:
I don't think she'll turn out to be his daughter - far too much flirting going on there. And I'm pretty sure in one of the trailers we see him kiss her. There's the theory that she is a future Amy, but I'm not sure because there's the whole thing about meeting you past self and paradoxs and the world imploding.

There's some really interesting ideas that she's a character from the old series come back - but that wouldn't be a great OMGDISCOVERY unless you were a fan of the old series. But she does speak Gallifreyan (sp) which means she might be some sort of Time-person? Idk.

Tbh, it's been hinted that a) she kills the doctor and b) she is his wife. But I don't know if it will be so simple.

EPISODE. Hmm, it was quite good but the whole Doctor-dying bit at the beginning didn't impress me. It was too soon for me to be upset, but it got better when you realise that he doesn't know he's going to die. And the bit where River talks about how one day she will meet the Doctor and he won't know who she is, and then she'll die. That was heart-wrenching, because we've already seen it. But I don't like that she said that they're going in direct opposites, because they're not really, are they? Her meeting the future doctor (who dies) and the present doctor just shows that. /Endrant.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Spoiler:
I said I hope she isn't "her" daughter. Meaning, I hope River isn't Amy and Rory's daughter.

I've heard some of those theories and they sound interesting, but as I haven't seen the old series I can't really form a well reasoned opinion.
What if the man River kills is Jack? I mean she "kills" him in such a way that he turns into the Face of Boe? Just a thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are going in opposite directions from a time line point of view.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 am

Spoiler:
Honestly I don't think Jack is coming back--he's one of RTD's guys, and Moffat's the head writer now. Plus, I kind of thought his storyline got wrapped up.

Anyway, THE DOCTOR CANNOT BE DEAD. There's just no way. He'll find a way somehow. And I don't know if I was really into them killing off the Doctor in the first five minutes just to get an interesting opening.

Other than that I don't think I can really critique this episode until I see the other half of the story next week...

...Weird. I don't remember what I was going to say. Oh well.
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

BkkprGirl wrote:...Weird. I don't remember what I was going to say. Oh well.

Was it about something you saw out the corner of your eye? :P

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I hate all of you for seeing it before me! It's shown here on the thirtieth on ABC1 at 7:30. Have I ever memorized that!

Don't worry, I haven't read any spoilers. Just glared at them :P

So is it good? :)
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 am

I can't really judge it until the rest of the story this week...? I thought it was pretty good all the same.
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:27 am

Spoiler:
@BkkprGirl, I read somewhere that Moffat does want to bring Jack back, so you never know. River could "kill" him.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Spoiler:
But...why would she be put in jail for that? Couldn't Jack just wake up and go "Oh, hold on a sec, I'm not really dead anymore..."

Anyway, I'm really excited for Day of the Moon.
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun May 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Spoiler:
That episode was SCARY. The bits where they'd just be walking along and suddenly realise that they had marks on their hands, it was just brilliant. The fact that up until then we'd known when they'd seen the Silence, but now we know just about as much as they do. And the bit where Amy was looking into the window and everytime the lightning flashed, the marks came up on her face. BRILLIANT.

I nearly cried at the end. When River kisses the Doctor, and the look on her face when she realises that's the last time *she* will ever kiss the Doctor. Watching her is heartbreaking. Though, does this mean that the next time they meet her she won't know about her part in the Silence, the whole who is the little girl thing or any of that? I wonder how they'll keep that up and stop plot-holes forming.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 am

Spoiler:
I agree--there were moments of that episode where I was like, this is NO KID'S SHOW HERE... not that it's a kid's show, but there are kids who watch it. The part where the Silence were on the ceiling! And the bloody writing on the walls of the orphanage! Freaking terrifying!

In the way of answering the multiple questions from last episode though... there wasn't much. So apparently this series will be focused on answering A) who the little girl is and WHY THE HECK DID SHE REGENERATE OMG B) who was in the space suit and how is the Doctor going to survive being dead C) is there or is there not going to be a Baby Pond D) who is River Song? E) what exactly is meant by the phrase 'Silence will Fall"....I'm sure I'm missing some but that's all I can remember.

And... why are we all being River Songs here? This is the Doctor Who thread after all, and we're going to end up all talking to each other in spoiler tags.
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 pm

SPOILERS SWEETHEART.

Lemme edit the title so people know xD

Return to “TV”