Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

Postby bluesunrise » Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

The newest episode was pretty bad. Its tone kept shifting and it seemed completely pointless in the grand scheme of things. One question: why do they keep killing off Rory? He has died three times now! Leave the poor guy alone!

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue May 10, 2011 9:57 pm

I didn't think it was terrible--it was just okay. By far the best part of that was seeing the preview for the NEIL GAIMAN episode next week. I am completely flipping out over it! Biggest Neil Gaiman fan ever, I can already tell from the promo that it's going to be Gaiman-ey and epic.

By the way--my friend discovered something mindblowing about the lady with the eyepatch. Apparently, in the Tenth Doctor episode Gridlock, she's on one of the screens! I don't know if this is true or not because I haven't re-watched that episode for myself to look for her, but if she's there?! What?!! It multiplied my interest exponentially, as if I wasn't already maddeningly interested in her already.

So, if she was in the Ten episode, maybe she's not as connected to Amy as I thought she was... Or maybe it's just some weird timey-wimey thing, because Amy is the only one who's been able to see her so far.

Seriously if I was Amy I would be mentioning that to the Doctor pretty quickly. If she's real, the Doctor will probably have some theories on her, if she's in your head...well, at least you have a Doctor around.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Have you seen the bbc clip of Amy, Rory and Neil Gaiman?!?! :D I love him. Love love love.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun May 15, 2011 3:15 am

I'm kinda on the fence about this newest episode. Some parts were really good and interesting, others made me roll my eyes. My biggest disappointment though, had to do with the "old" TARDIS. I thought it would play a much different (and much better) part than it did. And we didn't have the Tenth Doctor! *sob*

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat May 28, 2011 9:11 pm

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.
Please tell me someone watched that.
That was brilliant. BRILLIANT.

Just perfect. The Doctor is perfect. *fangirlsquee* And the ending, that was AHHH. It wasn't Amy! And I always commeneted that the older woman with the eyepatch looked awfully liked River... I think it is.

ANYWAY. WATCH THE TRAILERS GUYS:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h7m4l (trailer)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h74x2 (prequel)

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm a very (very) new Whovian, I've watched this season from episode one, and apart from what my dedicated friends tell me, that's all I know.
Silence - Freaky. The water gleaming off their skin made me shudder.
Tardis - I found this episode hilarious. You call me . . . Sexy Thing.

As for the last two, the Flesh just freaked me out. The baby thing/Amy being flesh was good though. I think I could've left off watching episode. . . five I think it was. I watched the most recent first and then the one before and it just succeeded in creeping me out even further. I was watching it with a eight year old and kept thinking I should be asking him whether he wanted to leave.
Trailer looked really good. I see a baby there. And I always though Eyepatch lady looked like River, although it's definitely not the same actress. Maybe it's supposed to be an older version, though that wouldn't fit in with the idea she's going back in time. The kiss was so sad and I loved the waving arms.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:21 am

I feel like a complete idiot because I was the one who questioned the need for spoiler tags on this discussion, but I HAVE BEEN SPOILED ON THE IDENTITY OF RIVER. I'm so mad at myself and at the person who posted "RIVER SONG IS _______!" on Tumblr.

Don't get spoiled. I can't believe I got spoiled on the thing my favorite writer has been building up to for like three years. All joy of discovery is completely gone. I haven't even seen A Good Man Goes to War yet!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am

It's such an awesome episode - not just the OMG spoiler, but all of it. Especially Rory at the beginning. He's just too awesome.

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:51 am

Everyone excited for Let's Kill Hitler? I've seen the trailer, it looks good. There's also a rumour that Rose, Martha and Donna will play minor roles in LKH- I find this hard to believe though; Rose is stranded in a parallel universe, Martha has basically moved on and Donna has no idea who the doctor is anymore.

Has everyone seen the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vzfxJRByA ?
Spoiler:
0:27- River is wearing... an eyepatch. I always thought that River looked like the Eyepatch Lady, but I don't think she's actually her. As River died in the library, I don't even see how that's quite possible.
I was re-watching Silence in the Library and The Forests of the Dead, and one thing that really bothered me was when the doctor was handcuffed and watching River about to die. The doctor said, "You whispered my name in my ear. There's only one time I could tell anyone my name." (or something along those lines).
Any ideas for what this 'one time' could be? The Doctor has never told anyone his real name before; not even Rose. It strikes me as odd that Riversong, who has been brought up to hate him and kill him, would be "the person he trusts more than anyone".
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:Everyone excited for Let's Kill Hitler? I've seen the trailer, it looks good. There's also a rumour that Rose, Martha and Donna will play minor roles in LKH- I find this hard to believe though; Rose is stranded in a parallel universe, Martha has basically moved on and Donna has no idea who the doctor is anymore.

I heard that too! I hope it's true. Rose is my favorite companion with Donna as a close second. I understand your doubt, but if it's true, I'm sure Moffat has come up with an understandable explanation. Please, let there be some 11/Rose stuff going on!

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 am

Just the usual warning not to read this post unless you've seen up to The Wedding of River Song.

First things first of course: The Question.

I have my theories; the Doctor just tells River Song, or he doesn't know his own name anymore, etc.
But one thing that I noticed was the speech leading up to the question. It went something along the lines of, "on the fall of the eleventh, where no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never be answered."
That, for me, just creates so many other questions. (Damn you Moffat).

1. 'The Fall of the Eleventh'. That could refer to any number of things, but the one that springs to mind is the eleventh regeneration of the doctor: the current one. This makes sense, actually, as Matt Smith is apparently leaving Doctor Who after season 7.
2. Since when is the Doctor's real name sounding like a weapon? In the Shakespeare Code, it sounded more like he just didn't want to remember. One of the Carionites says, "There is no name. Why would a man hide his title in such despair?"
3. The Silence are obviously very well informed about this event. So you'd think that after they successfully 'killed' the Doctor, they'd get a bit curious if he showed up anyway. In fact, basically everyone seems to be in the loop about the Doctor being dead. Isn't it going to be a bit hard for him to maintain belief he's dead? The Doctor's never been discreet.

On other news, the Moff has announced that we'll be seeing the last of the Ponds. I say good riddance. They have been sticking around for some time, and I never really liked them in the first place.

We'll certainly have plenty of time for speculation, anyway, with Doctor Who not returning until August D: Time to catch up on more classic episodes, I guess.

And may I just say how great Bill Bailey was in the Christmas special. I think he made the episode, personally.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 pm

There are so many classic episodes for Doctor Who! It's a good job we have 'til August. :laughing:

Personally, I like Four's episodes. 'Would you like a jelly-baby?' Also, Harry. He's brilliant! Anyone seen the one where they walk across the minefield at all? That's probably one of my all-time favourite Doctor Who moments. :laughing:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Return to “TV”