Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Re: Anyone a fan of Doctor Who?

Postby jessiquita » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 pm

So I've seen Planet of the Dead and Waters of Mars so far.
Planet of the Dead was a bit dissapointing but I loved Waters of Mars. Very dark and I kind of liked how they explored the manic side to the Doctor. I mean, I'm suprised he hasn't gone crazy yet from everyone he's had to leave behind.

As for the trailer for the new season. OMFGYAY.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:29 am

I love Doctor Who! I've only seen the episode with David Tennant though, not the older ones. And of those I've basically only seen season three. I think it's three at least. I keep meaning to go back and watch the others. I don't like season four though, because I hate the new girl in them. (Donna I think?) I hate her! I like Martha, but basically because I started watching it with her in it, so I might have liked Rose more if I had seen her first, but as of now, I want him to be with Martha.
I haven't watched the new ones or the finale of the Tenth Doctor, but I do like David Tennant.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sat May 01, 2010 1:05 am

UPDATE: New Doctor Who is out.
DISCUSS.

I'm liking it. Gonna watch more tonight. :)
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.
*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Postby jessiquita » Thu May 27, 2010 2:24 am

FREAKIN' ORGASMIC. That is all I have to say about the new series.
Oh, and bow ties are back.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

I've just gotten started watching the first series with David Tennant in it, with him as the Tenth Doctor... The one that ends with the special "Doomsday". It's the only Doctor Who I've ever seen, and I had to Wikipedia a lot of stuff about it so I could figure out what's going on, but so far I really, really like it. David Tennant is SO FREAKING CUTE. And him and Rose... He loved her so much!

It's got a really nerdy, charmingly dorky aspect that I totally love. I would give just about anything to be one of his companions on the TARDIS. That would be totally amazing!
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

MiraShort
Gremlin

Postby MiraShort » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:58 am

ITS A BIB BALL OF WOBBLEY BOBBLEY... TIMEY... WIMEY... STUFF
god i love that quote.
I'm a huge fan i mean totally timey... wait... :shiny:

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:58 pm

I love Doctor Who! I just finished "The Big Bang" and I have to say I really loved that season with the Eleventh Doctor. David Tennant was brilliant and funny and awesome and a great Doctor, but I think Matt Smith totally filled in his shoes and brought something new to the role. He's more... alien and Doctor-ish than Ten was, more subtle and logical. I loved the writing for that season. More Weeping Angels, vampires/fish from space, smilers, Vincent van Gogh, a strong structural plot of the cracks in time, and to top it off, a brilliant finale that FINALLY didn't focus on the Daleks, the Master, or the Cybermen (which, though they are all crucial bad boys in Doctor Who, were beginning to wear on me a bit). Plus, the sexual tension between Rory/Amy/the Doctor was brilliant.
Spoiler:
AND SHE CHOSE RORY! GO AMY FOR BEING ORIGINAL!

Can't wait for the Christmas Special! :laughing:
~The Unwritten

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 am

*ears prick up* Christmas special?
I was addicted to Dr Who. One of my only complaints is that it has the exact same time slot as talking 'bout your generation, but that can't really be helped.

I miss David Tennant. He was the best doctor in my opinion and he was so funny. Me and my friend are crazy about David but not so keen on the new doctor. While I admit he is a good character and amusing, he is... Well, not to my taste I guess. I miss David Tennant SOOO much. Why, why why did they have to end it with "But I don't want to die." I nearly cried.
Btw, who is writign the new Dr Who scripts? THey are so much darker than the last ones. I mean, little kids could get REAAAAALY freaked out.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:*ears prick up* Christmas special?
I was addicted to Dr Who. One of my only complaints is that it has the exact same time slot as talking 'bout your generation, but that can't really be helped.

I miss David Tennant. He was the best doctor in my opinion and he was so funny. Me and my friend are crazy about David but not so keen on the new doctor. While I admit he is a good character and amusing, he is... Well, not to my taste I guess. I miss David Tennant SOOO much. Why, why why did they have to end it with "But I don't want to die." I nearly cried.
Btw, who is writign the new Dr Who scripts? THey are so much darker than the last ones. I mean, little kids could get REAAAAALY freaked out.

I know! David Tennant was the best doctor ever! Matt Smith does a good job, but David IS the Doctor! I seriously can't stand the ending of The End of Time Part 2 because of the fact that he regenerated. *sigh* Why, why, WHY!?

I also miss Rose... a lot. She's the best companion the Doctor's ever had! I was not at all happy with the end of series 4. A human doctor? Really? Oh, come on! She needs to end up with the real Doctor, not a human copy!

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm totally obsessed with Matt Smith as the Doctor. Tennant was my first, so of course he's brilliant and I love him, but he was a bit too human. He wore his heart on his sleeve, and he never seemed old to me. Matt Smith... There are moments where I'm like "WOW HE'S 26 AND HE SEEMS LIKE HE'S LIVED 907 YEARS." Plus, he's got all the mannerisms down perfectly and his dialogue is every bit as snappy and Doctor-ey as Tennant's was.

Amy and Rory... Love them both. I liked Rose, too... but she had an annoying habit of getting kidnapped and got really needy after a while. I was a TOTAL Rose/Ten shipper, but I think the relationship between Rory, Amy, and the Doctor is more complex and interesting.

I LOVE STEPHEN MOFFAT'S new writing! I can't get enough of it. It's not only creepier, it's more timey-wimey and fairy tale-ey and has a lot of awesome puzzles. Plus, I like the fact that there's more mystery about the episodes. River Song (who I hate as a person but love as a character), the voice that said "Silence will Fall"... It's all taken a really good turn for me.

The only companion I've ever disliked is Martha, but that was only when it was her first run in the TARDIS and she was all "I looove the Doctor but he doesn't like meeee". Once she got over him, she was a total badass and I love her for that.

I miss John Simm as the Master. He's not coming back for Eleven, which makes me sad.
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 am

I actually do not like River Song. I think the actress who plays does a good job, but I just don't really care for the character. I just don't trust her. It might have to do with the fact that have been dark hints that she kills the Doctor. I was actually glad when she got killed in Forest of the Dead (season4). I really hope that she isn't the Doctor's wife. Not only because I don't like, but mainly because it would just be weird considering he keeps meeting her in the wrong order. He knows how she dies! How could you marry someone knowing how they die? Besides, there is going to come a day when it is her first time meeting him. What kind of marriage is that?

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, I don't know... I like the fact that she's mysterious and I like the whole meeting in the wrong order thing...It's wibbly wobbly, it's timey wimey, and it's entertaining. However, I don't like her personality--she seems so stuck up but there's nothing to back up her assertions. Also Stephen Moffat hinted very strongly that she's not his wife, THANK GOD. I would HATE it if the Doctor got married. Mostly I just don't know what to think of her as a person, and I'm already biased negatively against her because I think she's somewhat of a bitch.
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:09 am

It certainly makes things interesting, them meeting in the wrong order. They each know the other person's future, but not their past. It really annoys me though, how she keeps calling him sweetie. Augh! Just stop, please! Hmmm...I just realized something. In the Pandorica Opens, River didn't recognize Rory. Does that mean something happens to him in the future? I hope not as that would just be redundant.

Do you think they'll ever bring Jenny back? I hope so! I really liked her. She is totally the Doctor's daughter. Though it would be very interesting her meeting up with him again since he's regenerated and she probably has do idea that Time Lords can do that.

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 am

bluesunrise wrote:Do you think they'll ever bring Jenny back? I hope so! I really liked her. She is totally the Doctor's daughter. Though it would be very interesting her meeting up with him again since he's regenerated and she probably has do idea that Time Lords can do that.
YES! Jenny is awesome. "And I have an awful lot of running to do." Yayz!

Ooh annoying idea I just had. Thought I might as well through it out there. Here it goes. What if, maybe, RIVER and JENNY are THE SAME PERSON? That would explain the 'sweetie' and so on, but more importantly erases completely the possiblity that they're married. Hey, a person's looks can change over time.
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Mere Reflection wrote:Ooh annoying idea I just had. Thought I might as well through it out there. Here it goes. What if, maybe, RIVER and JENNY are THE SAME PERSON? That would explain the 'sweetie' and so on, but more importantly erases completely the possiblity that they're married. Hey, a person's looks can change over time.

I don't think that's the case for several reasons. One, who would call their own dad "sweetie"? I certainly wouldn't and that would be particularly disturbing. Second, she didn't remember Donna. She had only heard of her. Third, the dark hints that she kills the Doctor, if she were Jenny she wouldn't kill him, unless it were on accident. Finally, she is constantly flirting with him! Again, if she were Jenny she would not do that. The only way any of that is possible is if Jenny somehow had her memory erased, which I doubt.

Return to “TV”