Anyone a fan of Doctor Who? (SPOILERS FOR NEW EPISODES)

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Re: Anyone a fan of Doctor Who?

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm so rooting for Jenny coming back. Loved her/wanted to be her!

I think that River is going to end up having to kill the Doctor to save the world or something like that, kind of like Claire and Peter from Heroes. Except I REALLY DON'T WANT MATT SMITH TO REGENERATE!! No! Plus, he can't, he has a three year contract.

If she's going to end up 'killing' the Doctor, I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as we think. Stephen Moffat pretty much said that she's not his wife, but something else entirely, even though everyone else in the show seems to think so. The killing the Doctor thing might be like that.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:15 am

I haven't seen any of the original series, just the revamps. I've heard that in a few of the original specials, several regenerations of the Doctor have worked together. I think they need to make a special with the 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors. What do you think? Wouldn't be cool to see Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Matt Smith working together?

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am

BkkprGirl wrote:I'm so rooting for Jenny coming back. Loved her/wanted to be her!

I think that River is going to end up having to kill the Doctor to save the world or something like that, kind of like Claire and Peter from Heroes. Except I REALLY DON'T WANT MATT SMITH TO REGENERATE!! No! Plus, he can't, he has a three year contract.

If she's going to end up 'killing' the Doctor, I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as we think. Stephen Moffat pretty much said that she's not his wife, but something else entirely, even though everyone else in the show seems to think so. The killing the Doctor thing might be like that.

He's not signed on for three years! Well, at least I heard that he's only going to do this next series and then that's it for him.

I like River, and I really really like that plotline. The thing is though that they've pitched her as if she's a permanant part of the Doctor's future life; from this I expect them to spend years and years together. What if the actress doesn't want to play the part anymore? I really really hope that River is something that will carry on "forever" in Doctor Who, like if they ever re-do it in the future she will be something that will stick - like the original series had the Daleks and the Cybermen etc etc. which came over to the new series.

Does that make any sense? I just think that if they've set her up to be part of his life, then they need to stick with that.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Kitsy wrote:I like River, and I really really like that plotline. The thing is though that they've pitched her as if she's a permanant part of the Doctor's future life; from this I expect them to spend years and years together. What if the actress doesn't want to play the part anymore? I really really hope that River is something that will carry on "forever" in Doctor Who, like if they ever re-do it in the future she will be something that will stick - like the original series had the Daleks and the Cybermen etc etc. which came over to the new series.

Does that make any sense? I just think that if they've set her up to be part of his life, then they need to stick with that.

There is a problem with that though. The Doctor and River keep running into each other in the wrong order. As the series goes on, River will be getting younger and younger, while the actress you plays her certainly won't be. Eventually they're going to have to show River meeting the Doctor for the first time. Once that happens River won't be in the show anymore.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I heard that the rumors about him leaving after this season weren't true-- Karen Gillian said he was staying. I might be wrong though--and that would make me really sad because I love Matt Smith!

And about River Song, yes, the Doctor and her keep meeting in the wrong order, but it isn't necessarily that River is getting younger and the Doctor is getting older. I don't think it's a strict progression backwards for her, they could meet when she's nineteen in one episode, and again when she's like thirty in another.
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

When River meets the Doctor for the first time won't necessarily be the last time she's in the series, because it's not going back in time chronologically, but rather just randomly. And since they've given off the impression that she's such a big part of his life, they'd have to spend years together so I don't think she can really be taken off the show. Maybe they won't see each other in a long time because of some plot or other, but it leaves it open so that she can come back eventually.

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 pm

What do think about the fact that Martha and Mickey got married? I totally called it! I didn't start watching Doctor Who until this year and when I got to season 3, I started thinking that Martha should end up with Mickey and now she has! I'm glad to see the BBC thought so too. If only that felt that way about Doctor/Rose. *sigh*

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:41 am

Ahh! Has anyone else seen the teeny little clip of the Christmas Special that BBC leaked? It's on BBC's upcoming drama preview thing, and it's only there for a few seconds but it looks really awesome! It's the guy that was Dumbledore asking "Who are you?" and then it goes to a clip of the Doctor in a high backed armchair saying, "I'm the ghost of Christmas Past."

I'm way too excited about this right now!
~The Unwritten

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:06 pm

I saw that! Did you see the rest of the BBC clip as well? The Autumn/Winter season looks amazing, and I can't wait for David Tennant's "Single Father" to start! And there's something with Matt Smith, something with Christopher Eccleston, one with Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson (obvs reunited from Love Actually) and then Helena Bonaham Carter! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:06 pm

I heard that they're gonna show the first half of series 6 in the spring and then the second half in the fall. Why? Why split it up like that? It doesn't make any sense! Oh, have you heard that Neil Gaiman will be writing an episode?

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I think they're splitting up the season because they want to have a huge cliffhanger in the middle to try to draw in more viewers. And actually, I'm excited about it. This means that once the spring part of the season is over, I won't have to wait until Christmas to watch more Doctor Who, just until like, October or something.

And YES! Neil Gaiman has already written and filmed an episode of Doctor Who, I think it's going to be the third of the season. He's got a couple of excerpts of the script on his blog, there's a part with Amy and the Doctor and a bowl of something nasty...I'm SO EXCITED!
~The Unwritten

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:40 pm

bluesunrise wrote:What do think about the fact that Martha and Mickey got married? I totally called it! I didn't start watching Doctor Who until this year and when I got to season 3, I started thinking that Martha should end up with Mickey and now she has! I'm glad to see the BBC thought so too. If only that felt that way about Doctor/Rose. *sigh*

That REALLY annoyed me. Mickey and Martha had never even met before Journey's End, and Martha was engaged to Tom. They have very little in common, and I kind of felt like they got stuck together because they're both black. Plus, what about Mickey's boyfriend? How does he feel about Mickey just vanishing? I dunno, I feel like Martha could do way better.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Neil Gaiman <3 <3 <3 So excited, he's one of my favourtiest authors ever, doing one of my favouritest shows ever :D I can't wait to see what he's come up with. Can't for doctor who to start again, tbh. I love the tradition that it's on on Christmas Day and everyone cosies up and watches it :D

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Kitsy wrote:Neil Gaiman <3 <3 <3 So excited, he's one of my favourtiest authors ever, doing one of my favouritest shows ever :D I can't wait to see what he's come up with. Can't for doctor who to start again, tbh. I love the tradition that it's on on Christmas Day and everyone cosies up and watches it :D

*sigh* Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it. I'm the only one in my family who watches Doctor Who and I'll mostly likely be spending Christmas Day entirely with them. Besides, we don't have cable, so I can only watch it online.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm assuming you're not British then, so you can't watch it on Iplayer? :( Sad tiems. My dad/sister sort of watch it, occasionally. But on Christmas/New Years Day I sit them down and make everyone watch it. (I'm quite obviously the older sibling in this family xD)

Return to “TV”