Favourite tv show

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
Magerine2
Atlantean
Real First Name: Maggie

Re: Favourite tv show

Postby Magerine2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm the only Chuck fan in here... It's an awesome show, and I feel like me and my family are the only people who ever watch it. The thing is, it's in the same time slot as Dancing with the Stars, which about 14 million people watch!!! I don't know why they watch it... The good news is... they're running out of stars. :D.

So, if I ever for some weird twisted reason miss Chuck, I'll just watch it on hulu.com the next day. Hulu has everything.

So, Chuck is about a computer nerd who works in a Nerd Herd at a Buy More (couldn't do Geek Squad at Best Buy!) and he's just a nice guy with family and friends and one day he gets this e-mail from his old college buddy Bryce Larken (Remember that name! It's important!) and it turns out old Bryce is a spy for the CIA. A rogue spy. He destroyed a super computer called the intersect (another important name!!!) and sent it to Chuck in an e-mail before Bryce got shot. Chuck opens the e-mail, and all the intersect secrets appear and are basically downloaded in Chucks brain. He saw the intersect secrets, and now whenever he see's something that's in that computer, he has a quick flash on them, and knows exactly who/what they are. So the government sends Sarah Walker of CIA and Jon Casey of NSA to protect him, and go on missions with him.

It's just really funny, and please please don't base anything off my description of the show, because I'm weird. It's on Mondays at 7 on NBC.

Chuck, then Monk, and then... well, not The Office anymore... It stinks now.
I do believe in Fowls! I do! I do!

THERE ARE TOO MANY AMAZING ARTEMIS FOWL QUOTES TO FIT ON THIS PAGE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
... Well that just sucks.

"One more step and it'll be your last. No hugs!" ~Major John Casey: NSA Assassin -Chuck

jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Postby jessiquita » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:25 am

Magerine2 wrote:So, if I ever for some weird twisted reason miss Chuck, I'll just watch it on hulu.com the next day. Hulu has everything.

It only works in the US though! *cries*
I tried to go on.....

I'm adding TMZ and Dragon's Den to my list of favourite shows.

optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name: Darius

Postby optiguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Hahahahaha! Big Bang Theory FTW!!!!! BEST SHOW EVAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

*Ahem* Sorry, I really like that show.
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
-Rose Kennedy.

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean
Real First Name: Harlan

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 pm

This thread needs more Gargoyles.
"All things are true. Few things are accurate."-Greg Weisman

optiguy
Council Member

Postby optiguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow, that was completely random. You shouldn't spam like that.
"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
-Rose Kennedy.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Not exactly. Gargoyles was a TV show; I used to watch it myself. But in the future, please have a bit more to contribute, Harlan, mkay?

Optiguy, you used the report button, which was good, but you posted something completely irrelevant to the topic. Next time, just use the report button, mkay?

I haven't seen it for a very, very long time, but it was definitely a favorite of mine.

I used to love watching Pokemon and Digimon as well, but I sort of grew out of it. :P
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Tyrison wrote:Not exactly. Gargoyles was a TV show; I used to watch it myself. But in the future, please have a bit more to contribute, Harlan, mkay?

Considering other posts I've seen on this board, that post was hardly a travesty.

I used to love watching Pokemon and Digimon as well, but I sort of grew out of it. :P

Which is funny, since Digimon Tamers remains one of the most mature animated series I've ever seen.

optiguy
Council Member

Postby optiguy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Tyrison wrote:Not exactly. Gargoyles was a TV show; I used to watch it myself. But in the future, please have a bit more to contribute, Harlan, mkay?

Optiguy, you used the report button, which was good, but you posted something completely irrelevant to the topic. Next time, just use the report button, mkay?

I haven't seen it for a very, very long time, but it was definitely a favorite of mine.

Okay, sorry about that. I'll do that in the future. I didn't know gargoyles was a show.
-Rose Kennedy.

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 am

No, it's okay. :P I forgot about it until a few weeks ago when I and some friends were discussing old shows we'd watched as children.

Harlan Phoenix wrote:

Considering other posts I've seen on this board, that post was hardly a travesty.

But still; it's important to contribute. Anyhow, back on topic.

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
Tyrison wrote:I used to love watching Pokemon and Digimon as well, but I sort of grew out of it. :P

Which is funny, since Digimon Tamers remains one of the most mature animated series I've ever seen.

I wouldn't know; I haven't watched much TV lately or, for that matter, in the last couple years. Ghost in the Shell and some other stuff is more mature, but then again, it's more adult-ish. *shrugs*

I like catching a bit of House when I can, though it doesn't happen too often.
The quandary of Autumn's child
I'm not sure if falling leaves
are merely butterflies that
have died or photographs
we don't remember taking.

GUS'S DISCIPLES OF SEMI-SEXY, TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Official Secret AFC Agent 008 ~ Since whenever

But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain; The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain...

optiguy
Council Member

Postby optiguy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:59 am

Tyrison wrote:I like catching a bit of House when I can, though it doesn't happen too often.

Yes! Another House fan! That's on my list of favourites.
-Rose Kennedy.

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Tyrison wrote:I wouldn't know; I haven't watched much TV lately or, for that matter, in the last couple years. Ghost in the Shell and some other stuff is more mature, but then again, it's more adult-ish. *shrugs*

Adult doesn't equal mature, but I won't judge the Ghost in the Shell series because I haven't seen it.

Digimon Tamers (Digimon season 3) had a well developed cast, Digimon who had their own personalities rather than just being familiars of their human partner, didn't shy away from things like death or family issues (but dealt with them in a respectful, tasteful way), and a fully realized story arc that took all of the elements it introduced and fleshed them out amazingly.

Yes, it's a children's show...but I don't like growing out of quality entertainment. Besides, this is a forum dedicated to a children's book series...how can you really say you don't indulge because you grow out of something?

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:05 am

1. Mine would have to be Bleach, Japanese w/ english subs (can't miss an episode)!
2. Simpsons
3. Family guy

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 pm

My favorite TV show is tied between LOST and The Office. I'm more loyal to LOST, but maybe that's just because I've been watching it longer.

Both of last week's episodes for LOST and The Office had ADORABLE moments in them...
Spoiler:
(Faraday professing his love to Charlotte with a gun pointed in his face, and Jim and Pam being soulmates)

I'm sad that fewer and fewer people are watching LOST. It's such a great show, and yeah, it leaves you a bit confused, but no other show like it gives you that same feeling of eerie confusion, mixed with awesome characters and some of the best acting out there.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Thats not true, I know so many people just like me that always watch lost.

MDR
Mud Man

Postby MDR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Ah too many, but at the moment im thinkin boston legal "Denny Crane"!
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasnt, copy and paste this in your signature

"REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE"

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

"Ive got two rules for you. First rule: You are no good to me dead. Second rule:.... ahh, whats the use, you'll all end up dead anyway" - Sgt Mcullen, Call of Duty 3

Return to “TV”