From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
lotrfan
Commander

Re: Avatar: Last Airbender

Postby lotrfan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm

BkkprGirl wrote:Does anyone else find it obnoxious that they're pronouncing Sokka's name as SOH-CAH with a long O, instead of SAH-CAH, with a short O, like they did in the actual series? It's not like a book character, where you can misinterpret how to pronounce something. They actually said it that way throughout the entire show.

Seriously? That's just sick. Where did you hear that?
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:09 pm

I heard it in a trailer somewhere, I think, or on one of those "Special Sneak Preview" things they like to do on Nickelodeon. It's awful, and blatantly ignorant of the original series.

It just kills me. If they can't even get his name right when it was pronounced about fifty million times, I don't hold out a lot of hope for this movie.

Plus, I still think that Aang looks like a baby, not just like a kid with no hair.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 pm

I saw the trailer during How To Train Your Dragon (its a bit different than what's on the internet) and you hear Aang speak for what I think is this first time. Its... WEIRD to hear someone one not Zack Eisen doing his voice.

About the Sokka mispronunciation.... *facepalm*
This is about as bad as the auditions where they asked people to wear "traditional clothing"
(ITS A HANBOK.)

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Chitiliti wrote:I saw the trailer during How To Train Your Dragon (its a bit different than what's on the internet) and you hear Aang speak for what I think is this first time. Its... WEIRD to hear someone one not Zack Eisen doing his voice.

About the Sokka mispronunciation.... *facepalm*
This is about as bad as the auditions where they asked people to wear "traditional clothing"
(ITS A HANBOK.)

They asked people at auditions to wear "traditional clothing"?

......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Yeah, go back a page or two in this thread and it talks about it. It was embarrassing.

jenn-jenn
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jennifer

Postby jenn-jenn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 am

At the beginning, I was excited for this movie. Avatar TLA on the big screen? Heck yes, I would have said. But now I'm having my doubts. The trailers look mediocre, like they tried their best to make it like the cartoon instead of making it work for film. For pete's sake use some creativity Shyamalan (idk how to spell his name) and make this an epic movie, not a carbon copy of the show. I'm okay with a little tweaking to make it work, but only as long as the magic and feel of the show isn't lost. I think that live action was the wrong way to go; digital would have been much better. I feel let down and disappointed-this movie is the only thing we have left of ATLA, and it's not as awesome as it could be.

Okay, fangirl rant over.
"How can you lose time? ...Time doesn’t belong to anybody."

"The sea, the sea, the sea. It rolls and rolls and calls to me."

Sometimes, I wish we could completely delete the bad memories from our lives so we'd have more room for good ones. But then we'd all have memory loss problems.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:26 pm

jenn-jenn wrote:At the beginning, I was excited for this movie. Avatar TLA on the big screen? Heck yes, I would have said. But now I'm having my doubts. The trailers look mediocre, like they tried their best to make it like the cartoon instead of making it work for film. For pete's sake use some creativity Shyamalan (idk how to spell his name) and make this an epic movie, not a carbon copy of the show. I'm okay with a little tweaking to make it work, but only as long as the magic and feel of the show isn't lost. I think that live action was the wrong way to go; digital would have been much better. I feel let down and disappointed-this movie is the only thing we have left of ATLA, and it's not as awesome as it could be.

Okay, fangirl rant over.

I know. But I never expected it to be good in the first place.

In non-movie news, don't you guys think there should be another season? I don't know if this has been discussed previously, but the end of Sozin's Comet was a totaly cliff-hanger! Zuko's mother is alive!? WTH? And they just leave it at that? Come on! There should totally be another season. I mean, yeah, so Aang's story is over, but that doesn't mean Zuko's is. Aang doesn't have to be in it, it could just be Zuko and Sokka or something in just a little mini-series thing. Or like a TV movie (that's animated obviously).
He needs to ditch Mai too, she's cool when she's fighting, but when she's dating Zuko, she makes him all depressed too. idk.
I've actually been wondering, who do you guys ship? I was totally for Zuko/Katara, but that can't really happen anymore, but still.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Chitiliti
Commander

Postby Chitiliti » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Personally, I think Zuko should get his own series. Or at least his own multi-episode special.

I was a big Zutara shipper because I dislike Kataang- Aang is what, 12-13 years old? And Katara is older and taller than him, which is a turn off. My favorite ship is Sokka/Suki because its adorable and real. The "tent scene" made me laugh so hard I started coughing. I remember when that scene was featured in the teaser for the last season and everyone was like "WOW."

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:03 pm

lol :laughing: yeah, that's great. It's so awkward to watch with my family though. The first time I saw it was with my two brothers, and we were just like "umm, ok. Did he just eat that rose?" But Zuko's reaction is hilarious. I like Sokka/Suki too, they're a cute couple.

And Zuko should SO have his own mini-series! Ahh!
ImageImage Image

jenn-jenn
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jennifer

Postby jenn-jenn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:39 pm

lotrfan wrote:And Zuko should SO have his own mini-series! Ahh!

A zuko mini-series would be epic, but I feel like it should be darker.... like, not on regular nickelodeon. If only Nick had it's own sort of Adult Swim, like Cartoon Network.
"How can you lose time? ...Time doesn’t belong to anybody."

"The sea, the sea, the sea. It rolls and rolls and calls to me."

Sometimes, I wish we could completely delete the bad memories from our lives so we'd have more room for good ones. But then we'd all have memory loss problems.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:30 pm

jenn-jenn wrote:
lotrfan wrote:And Zuko should SO have his own mini-series! Ahh!

A zuko mini-series would be epic, but I feel like it should be darker.... like, not on regular nickelodeon. If only Nick had it's own sort of Adult Swim, like Cartoon Network.

Well, they have teen-nick. But how dark could it be? I mean, some of the episodes are pretty dark, like when Jet dies, or Azula's insanity.
ImageImage Image

Snows of Yester-Year
Gremlin
Real First Name: Stephanie

Postby Snows of Yester-Year » Sat May 01, 2010 3:56 am

There are actually rumors going around about an Avatar miniseries. There have been job postings on sites talking about it and.. yeah. >_>

I've watched Avatar since it aired, but I think I'm going to be in the minority on this thread because I'm 1) excited about the movie, and 2) a Kataanger :DD;; Hehe. Yeah.
Images from Gunnerkrigg Court.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat May 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Snows of Yester-Year wrote:There are actually rumors going around about an Avatar miniseries. There have been job postings on sites talking about it and.. yeah. >_>

Really? Where did you hear this?

Snows of Yester-Year wrote:I've watched Avatar since it aired, but I think I'm going to be in the minority on this thread because I'm 1) excited about the movie, and 2) a Kataanger :DD;; Hehe. Yeah.

Well, I'll still watch the movie (probably in theaters) just because, but I'm not excited about it. By that I mean, I'm not looking forward to it being good.
I'm not totally against Kataang, I just like Zutara, but Zuko/someone new might be good too. If Mai weren't do depressed she would be cool, but when Zuko is with her she makes him all depress-y too. (If that makes any sense).
ImageImage Image

Snows of Yester-Year
Gremlin
Real First Name: Stephanie

Postby Snows of Yester-Year » Sat May 01, 2010 3:51 pm

http://lastairbenderfilm.com/2010/04/15 ... fire-lord/

There's also been a few more recent and/or reliable job postings, but I can't remember where I saw them. I'll try to dig them up later.

Hmm. I'm approaching it with cautious optimism, I'd say, but I don't think it'll be terrible. I'm just accustomed to it kind of being jumped on in the fandom. I literally only know of one place where the prevailing attitude is more optimistic XD;

Mai isn't my favorite character.. I've never been much for Maiko, tbh. Kataang and Tokka were my ships, and I do ship Zutara, but.. it's more of a crack ship for me XD;; And I do really like Zuko. In a non-fangirl sort of way. Definitely one of my favorite characters.
Images from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Kelsey Rain (:
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: KelseyRain
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Kelsey Rain

Postby Kelsey Rain (: » Sat May 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Job...postings? Like...acting...positions?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “TV”