Anime/Manga

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
kogane
Goblin
Real First Name: Ko

Anime/Manga

Postby kogane » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:40 am

I'm a huge fan of Japanese anime and I was wondering if there was anyone who was also a fan. It mean it is a huge thing now, with more and more people getting into the fandom around the world. I may sound typical when I say that my favorite manga include Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, Bleach, and D.Grayman, though they really are great Shonen Jump titles. I started liking anime when I was in elementary school with Sailor Moon, Digimon, and Pokemon. It's really influenced me to draw a lot and hopefully it really influenced others.

Shadestar
Gremlin

Re: Anime/Manga

Postby Shadestar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:06 am

I have to say my favorite is Wolf's Rain, though I used to love digimon.
I am currently watching Ginga Denetsu Weed on youtube, which is VERY hard on dial-up *facepalm*.
I like anime, if you couldn't tell :loveeyes:.
Momento Mori, dear.

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Postby Griffar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 am

I love animae and manga. My fave show is avatar: the last airbender. I used to be able to watche it on free tv but now its on cable so i can't

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

MDR
Mud Man

Postby MDR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I love anime, im almost an otaku but not quite. My favourite shows include tengo tenge,witchblade,dragonball,black cat,gundam,samuraiX and a whole list of other titles. I know only old titles though and ive been lookin to get into new ones like code geass and deathnote. Samurai X is actuali the show that got me in2 anime then came all pokemon and the like.
98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasnt, copy and paste this in your signature

"REAL VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE"

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

"Ive got two rules for you. First rule: You are no good to me dead. Second rule:.... ahh, whats the use, you'll all end up dead anyway" - Sgt Mcullen, Call of Duty 3

kogane
Goblin
Real First Name: Ko

Postby kogane » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:42 am

Waow. We have quite a few anime fans in here.
Well here's my list of current anime if anyone is interested: Gintama, D.Grayman, Nabari no Ou, Axis Powers Hetalia, Bleach, Soul Eater, Claymore, Last Exile, Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, Ouran High School Host Club, Lucky Star, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Azumanga Daioh, Jigoku Shoujo, and Samurai 7.

I've seen others, but I'm a bit rusty on most of the other anime that I haven't watched.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:11 am

Hmmm...I like Slayers, Haibane Renmei, Witch Hunter Robin, Inu Yasha, Last Exile, Death Note, Ouran High School Host Club, Samurai Pizza Cats, Planet ES.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:23 am

My favorite anime include Death Note, Kuroshitsuji, Soul Eater, Nabari No Ou and Junjou Romantica. I'm also quite fond of Card Captor Sakura, Ouran High school Host Club, Vampire Knight, Toradora, Axis Powers Hetalia, Loveless, Haibane Renmei, Code Geass and Gantz. I couldn't pick one single one as a favorite =3

Griffar wrote:I love animae and manga. My fave show is avatar: the last airbender. I used to be able to watche it on free tv but now its on cable so i can't

lol XD Avatar isn't an anime or a manga.
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
DeviantART | Twitter | Before I Die
(A/H fanfic)

Harlan Phoenix
Atlantean
Real First Name: Harlan

Postby Harlan Phoenix » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:38 pm

I like GOOD anime and manga. Currently only watching Reborn and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
"All things are true. Few things are accurate."-Greg Weisman

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38 am

Reborn isn't that good. You need to watch more anime =3

I recently watched the new Tsubasa OAV - it was great!

Spoiler:
I loved the part where Kuroname cut off his arm to stay with Fay, and how Fay criend when he thought Kaname was dead... and how Fay gave up the last of his power in exchange for Kuro's new arm. Cutest pairing ever =3 Especially seeing as how they used to hate each other.

And Vampire!Fay is smexy.

<333

I'm so glad they're making new OAV episodes =D
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
(A/H fanfic)

Acir
Cave Troll

Postby Acir » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:10 am

:) I like manga more than anime. And my fave is Full metal alchemist. :laughing:

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:43 am

Ugh, I'm addicted to Reborn now. I know it's a terrible anime but I've gotten cuaght up in the fandom XD

Anyway, I was wondering how many AFCrs watched anime? I know of a fun game for the arcade, but the players would have to be anime watchers ^^
"I write, therefor I am"

Image Image
(A/H fanfic)

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Tue May 26, 2009 4:18 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAH AAAAAAAH

I JUST FINISHED CODE GEASS R2 AND HOLY SHAT THAT IS GOOD CRAAACK

I CRIED SO MANY TIEMS T___T

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 am

I'm sorry but one question:

WTF doe something happen in Code Geass that makes it suddenly good. Because I watched the first episode and thought "OUCH OUCH OUCH OUUUUCH- THIS IS HORRIBLE". And this was after a person i fandom stalk had ranted about loving it..so...so..so..

Why? What I saw was really really bad. Is that what is so good about it?

I don't watch anime any more, not avidly. Occasionally I'll get into one but I've got past the annoying phase of saying "LOLI'MGOINGTOLIVEINJAPAN" and saying "ISPEAKJAPANANEESEEE" I think I had that phase when I was younger, maybe, I hope not. >__>

My personal favourites are the ones I watched first. I.E- no matter how bad it is, Dragon Ball Z will always be my favourite anime. Followed by Gundam Wing. WHY? Because that's all I got to see on my OnDigital cartoon network. Then Ondigital went bust and we went back to the five channels because, no my parents were not getting Sky. Thank god for internets, who needs satellite?

So Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, a creepy wee thing called Blue submarine or something. Those are my fondest anime memories- back from Toonami.

At one point I watched Gravitation, and I know now it was shite. The first few volumes of the manga are half decent though. For a yaoi.

Then I fell into the typical mould of loving Naruto. Hate me if you like, I feel no shame. Still follow the manga, and watch the important bits ofthe anime.

Then there are some that stick in my head: I never finished Inuyasha because *Groan* it was boring. I loved Wolfs Rain, but I don't think I watched the last episode after someone ruined the ending. That was wrong of them, I still hold it against them. I watched Ayashi no ceres briefly cause I heard there was a Scottish guy in it, but I lost interest before he entered.

Watched Full Metal Alchemist. Loved it. My third favourite.

Samurai Champloo was pretty brilliant, but seemed to be one of those shows that had SUCH a good start so not every episode followed through.

AND-OH- My guilty pleasure of all time that I don't feel even remotely guilty about. Trigun. I love Futuristic or Steam punk Western things. Didn't finish it though, but I will. I think I'll probably buy it actually.

I loved Death Note when I watched it. But I hate the whole "WE ARE SMART BECAUSE WE LIKE DEATH NOTE" fandom. So, yeah, I almost hate it now.

The only mangas I've bought were Saiyuki, which I love to death, and FAKE. Such an unrealistic manga but still one of my favourites. However if you are familiar with FAKE, I would recommend downloading NewYorkNewYork. It's another gay cop thing but, uh, kinda a bit more realistic. Has it's big flaws too but tis good IMO, and doesn't graphic sex scenes. That's always good, imo.

Oh well that was a long post after all.

BUt yeah, what's the deal with Code Geass.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Rochenut
Shedding Harp Seal

Postby Rochenut » Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 am

IT'S OK

I DID NOTICE THAT WE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES, I FOR ONE HATE DEATH NOTE. CAN'T STAND THE THING. i don't know about the rest you listed, never seen them.

BUT I FIND CODE GEASS NEAR ORGASMIC WTF. I THINK IT'S ONE OF THOSE LOVE IT OR HATE IT SHOWS.

MAYBE YOU CAN GO TO TVTROPES AND READ THEIR ARTICLES ON IT

youthfull
Goblin

Postby youthfull » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 pm

i've watched pokemon, dragon ball and some others i don't remember.
but my favorite was READ OR DIE.
WHO WOULD VOTE THIS GUY????
IMAGINE THIS MAN AS THE PRIME-MINISTER.
I WILL NEVER EAT PASTA IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN!

Return to “TV”