Sherlock BBC

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Sherlock BBC

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyone a fan of this? I absolutely loved the series, and can't wait for summer '11. BC and MF are the most brilliant pair.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Re: Sherlock BBC

Postby opalkoboi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I loved it, but there was three episodes and then nothing. Is there mo0re in summer? That's a long time to wait given the fact we've only had three episodes! Oh well, I really want more! It's very good. Reminds me a little of Johnathon Creek...
I see you too! XD

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Postby bluesunrise » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:17 pm

I recently watched this for the first time and I love it! It's a shame that there were only three episodes, though. But rejoice! There will be more Sherlock coming some time this fall!

http://stargate-news.com/sci-fi-news/sh ... son-2.html

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:23 pm

I adored this series SO MUCH! And yes, there will be more over the summer, I can't remember where I heard it but I remember it being a respectable source.... Anyway. The relationship between Watson and Holmes is the most important thing. It doesn't really matter which actor plays which as long as they have the right chemistry--and Cumberbatch and Freeman TOTALLY HAVE THE RIGHT CHEMISTRY. I LOVE THEM.
"Stories are the only thing worth dying for."
~The Unwritten

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 am

I loved this show, too! The very idea is brilliant.
It´s also a nice touch how they used the actual Baker Street adress (of course, edited in. In reality, there´s a Sherlock Holmes museum there).

opalkoboi wrote:I loved it, but there was three episodes and then nothing. Is there mo0re in summer? That's a long time to wait given the fact we've only had three episodes! Oh well, I really want more! It's very good. Reminds me a little of Johnathon Creek...

Well, with that ending, how could they not be planning another season? :D

-Multiverse

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I just finished watching the last episode of season 2 last night. If you haven't seen it yet, don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler:
How did he do that?
I personally hope that both of them faked their deaths, though I suspect that only Sherlock did. I find it much easier to see how Moriarty could've done it, though: Small packages of theatrical blood secured to the back of his neck, remote activated by the trigger of a false gun with authentic sound effects. That, on top of the already established fact that Moriarty's a decent actor, would be enough for him to play dead.
Yet, there's still Sherlock to take into account. With his skills, Sherlock would instantly know it if Moriarty was faking. But he might then have faked his own death in order for Moriarty to think he was dead, giving him the advantage over him.

Another (more likely) option is that Moriarty did actually commit suicide. I'm presuming that Sherlock knew all along that there were no Key Code, and on that basis, why would he confront Moriarty? Well, that would be either for the above reason (to convince Moriarty that he was dead) or to make Moriarty kill himself. For although Sherlock is on the side of the angels, we won't for a second think that he's one of them. ;J

Still, the question remains - how did Sherlock fake his death? He needed Molly's help. He mentioned Lestrade when listing his friends to Moriarty, when obviously he's closer to Molly than to him. The person on the bicycle knocking over John must've been a part of the scheme. And there's that ball he was playing with in the laboratory, when John came to see him. Also, Sherlock was the one who chose the building, so he'd've'd plenty of opportunities to prepare it.

Venom Wolf
Pixie

Postby Venom Wolf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Multiverse wrote:I just finished watching the last episode of season 2 last night. If you haven't seen it yet, don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler:
How did he do that?
I personally hope that both of them faked their deaths, though I suspect that only Sherlock did. I find it much easier to see how Moriarty could've done it, though: Small packages of theatrical blood secured to the back of his neck, remote activated by the trigger of a false gun with authentic sound effects. That, on top of the already established fact that Moriarty's a decent actor, would be enough for him to play dead.
Yet, there's still Sherlock to take into account. With his skills, Sherlock would instantly know it if Moriarty was faking. But he might then have faked his own death in order for Moriarty to think he was dead, giving him the advantage over him.

Another (more likely) option is that Moriarty did actually commit suicide. I'm presuming that Sherlock knew all along that there were no Key Code, and on that basis, why would he confront Moriarty? Well, that would be either for the above reason (to convince Moriarty that he was dead) or to make Moriarty kill himself. For although Sherlock is on the side of the angels, we won't for a second think that he's one of them. ;J

Still, the question remains - how did Sherlock fake his death? He needed Molly's help. He mentioned Lestrade when listing his friends to Moriarty, when obviously he's closer to Molly than to him. The person on the bicycle knocking over John must've been a part of the scheme. And there's that ball he was playing with in the laboratory, when John came to see him. Also, Sherlock was the one who chose the building, so he'd've'd plenty of opportunities to prepare it.

John Watson has a online blog and he posted the news report (SPOILERS FOR THE THIRD EP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iqXHoebOjc

Spoiler:
Notice the news item does not mention Moriarty/Richard Brook's body on the roof.

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Alice

Postby AliceFowl » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't get BBC so I have to wait for it to come on Masterpiece Mystery...In May, for goodness' sake...
Alice

Cosplayer. Shinigami. Some know me as the Shiki.

jkdnp
Gremlin

Postby jkdnp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 am

Greetings Sherlockians!!!!
Sherlock is perfection in its truest form.
I read the books and thought nothing could top them.
I was so naive...
I also watch Elementary. I like JLM, but not the show. I'm sorry, I really don"t.
Anyways
Sheriarty, Sherlolly, and Sherloki (for you Marvel fans out there) are my OTPs
I do not ship Mystrade. I'm sorry.

I AM SHERLOCKED
"In a world of locked rooms,
the man with the key is king,
and honey, you should see me in a crown."
~Jim Moriarty

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan
Real First Name: Lucy

Postby AF Lover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:17 pm

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:47 am

OooooOOOOh.

Is it true that the next season is only coming out in 2017? I want to start watching it, but if I'll have to wait another 2 years after I get into it... :( :( No.

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:52 am

KearaAdara wrote:Is it true that the next season is only coming out in 2017 ?

That's exactly the reason why I never check for Sherlock (BBC) news. Each time, I only get more depressed and impatient. I like it better to forget about it, so when the next season eventually comes out there's only surprise and I can discover it back again :laughing:
... and then there's another three to five years of waiting. After three episodes.
... *feels both depressed and overly impatient*
''T'es juste assez intelligent pour te rendre compte que tu l'es pas assez ; c'est déjà pas si mal.''

~ J'aimerais pas crever un dimanche

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:10 pm

KearaAdara wrote:Is it true that the next season is only coming out in 2017?

I thought it was 2016. I hope it's 2016...

I'm re-watching season 3. Wedding speech= :lol:

KearaAdara
That D'arviting Person
Real First Name: Keara. -_-

Postby KearaAdara » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:29 pm

AF Lover wrote:
KearaAdara wrote:Is it true that the next season is only coming out in 2017?

I thought it was 2016. I hope it's 2016...

I'm re-watching season 3. Wedding speech= :lol:

In July 2014 the BBC announced that filming for the series would take place in late 2015.[79] The episodes are expected to be released in 2016

I searched it up, this is what I found on Wikipedia.

AF Lover
Truly Devoted Fan

Postby AF Lover » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:32 am

Wa-hoo!
Another year of waiting!

Return to “TV”