Once Upon a Time

From 24 to The Simpsons, House to Futurama, this is where you can talk about your favourite TV shows!
afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Once Upon a Time

Postby afcutie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Spoiler:
From Left to Right:
Sheriff Graham(Huntsman), Regina Mills(Evil Witch), Mary Margaret Blanchard(Snow White), David Nolan(Prince Charming), Mr. Gold(Rumpelstiltskin), Henry Mills(Emma's Son), Emma Swan(Snow White's Daughter)

Emma Swan’s life has been anything but a fairytale. A 28-year-old bail bondsperson, she’s been taking care of herself since she was abandoned as a baby. But when Henry—the son she gave up 10 years ago—finds her, everything changes. Henry is desperate for his mom’s help and thinks that Emma is actually the long, lost daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. Yes, the actual Snow White and Prince Charming. Even stranger, Henry believes that Storybrooke, the sleepy New England town he calls home, is really part of a curse cast by the Evil Queen, freezing fairytale characters in the modern world with no memory of their former selves.

Of course the seen-it-all Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she gets to Storybrooke, she can’t help sensing that everything’s not quite what it seems. As Henry shows Emma around with the help of his fairytale book, the town, and its inhabitants like Henry’s therapist Archie Hopper and the enigmatic Mr. Gold, seem just strange enough to set off her already suspicious nature. She becomes even more concerned for Henry when she meets his adopted mother, Regina, who he suspects is none other than the Evil Queen herself!

Storybrooke is a place where magic has been forgotten—but is still powerfully close—and happily ever after seems just out of reach. In order to understand where the fairytale world’s former inhabitants came from, and what ultimately led to the Evil Queen’s wrath, you’ll need a glimpse into their previous lives. But it might just turn everything you’ve ever believed about these characters upside-down.

Meanwhile, the epic battle for the future of all worlds, modern and fairytale alike, is about to begin. For good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

The series is a great series. It has a twist on the fairytales that we all loved and grew up on. It's a great show for any age to watch. I may warn you that the show will make you to throw theories around.....

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

levina
Commander

Re: Once Upon a Time

Postby levina » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am

Hm, this looks interesting! I may just give it a look. :)

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 pm

I love this show!!!!! :> It's one of the best shows I've ever seen ABC air, and that's saying something. :)
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Spoiler:
Voted Eternity Awards 2013 winner of...
Favorite Moderator/Administrator
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Likely to Run for President
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.
Again with the president thing.

Shameless plug: visit my website!.

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 am

Merv Simestra wrote:I love this show!!!!! :> It's one of the best shows I've ever seen ABC air, and that's saying something. :)

I can't believe I'm not the only one! And yes I have to agree with you on that it is one of the best tv shows on ABC. I do hope that they don't end the series badly. Seeing from the latest episode I get the feeling that the show will last for a season or two more. I could be wrong, it'll probably last longer, but there is only so much fairy tale characters you can put on this show. Hopefully, it keeps staying as good as it is now, many shows fall because they die off early on, either that or less viewers(which I highly doubt). Also, I do hope that it doesn't stop completely and leave you wondering like Flashfoward, I would be very upset.

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

They still have a lot more fairytale characters to go through. Like The Little Mermaid, Rapunzel, and I think Sleeping Beauty. I mean they included Belle from Beauty and the Beast. And a lot of plots to wrap up. The next episode should be very interesting judging from the preview. :)

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate

Postby afcutie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 am

I loved the newest episode The Stable Boy. It helped me understand more about the Evil Witch. It gave me a clearer meaning of her now. It actually made me have more pity for her, though I'll never forgive her for what she had done before, but made me feel more sympathic.

Mega Spoiler!!!
Spoiler:
But from what happened, I would've at least gave Snow some leniency, she was just caring about her well-being, she didn't want her to be without her mother. But if she had known that her mother was evil herself than maybe she wouldn't have told her....

Also, I was shocked when Kathryn showed up in the end. I can't believe she is alive! I wonder what happened. I can't wait for the next episode. I think from this, Mary will be proven innocent and she'll have a bigger chance to be with Prince Charming. Knowing Regina, she'll do whatever she can to make her look guilty even with Kathryn as living proof against her. Hopefully, nothing tragic happens to Kathryn. I can't handle another person dying on that show. I cried when Graham died. He was my favorite character. I don't know, let's see.

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:54 pm

afcutie wrote:Mega Spoiler!!!
Spoiler:
But from what happened, I would've at least gave Snow some leniency, she was just caring about her well-being, she didn't want her to be without her mother. But if she had known that her mother was evil herself than maybe she wouldn't have told her....

Also, I was shocked when Kathryn showed up in the end. I can't believe she is alive! I wonder what happened. I can't wait for the next episode. I think from this, Mary will be proven innocent and she'll have a bigger chance to be with Prince Charming. Knowing Regina, she'll do whatever she can to make her look guilty even with Kathryn as living proof against her. Hopefully, nothing tragic happens to Kathryn. I can't handle another person dying on that show. I cried when Graham died. He was my favorite character. I don't know, let's see.

Another Big Spoiler!!!!!
Spoiler:
I half-expected Kathryn to show up at some point because of the whole heart thing. You know, like how Regina killed Graham. But yeah, if Kathryn dies I'll be really upset. :( I wonder what she'll do exactly since everything with Mary Margaret and David.

And I do understand now why the Evil Queen is the way she is. I mean, living with that kind of a mother. *shudders* I felt bad for her honestly. Her mother was (pardon my language) a complete jerk and worse. No wonder the Evil Queen turned out the way she did.

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate

Postby afcutie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Spoiler:
Honestly, if I was the Regina I would've long ran away from a mother like that. I wouldn't have waited so long like she did. She had the time to do it before Snow came in the picture with the horse running wildly and all. Then she would've never been the evil queen she is now. Then again there wouldn't be a TV series to start..... Either way, she did have a choice. There really wasn't much excuse. Yes, her mother is over controlling, but if she had the courage to run away when she had to marry Snow's father, why couldn't she done it before? Anyway, maybe later on the show it give clearer meaning, Regina's mother will have to come back to the show some time. There still a lot strings to tie.

By the way, here is a link to some spoiler photos of The Return that I've found online.
http://onceuponatimeabc.net/episode-19-the-return-spoiler-photos/

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Nice pictures. :)

Spoiler:
I agree about Regina. By the way, my mom and I think August may be Rumpelstiltskin's son. What do you think of him?

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate

Postby afcutie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks, it took me a while in getting those pictures. I wanted to get the ones that really reflect what the show is about.
Spoiler:
I think that August could be Baelfire. I was looking at side-by-side pictures of him and Baelfire and it would make sense if that was him, seeing his connection, from what I saw in the trailer, with him wanting to, what look like, kill Rumpelstiltskin. I was looking on other sites to see what other people opinions are and some think that he could be Pinocchio. That if he got turned back to wood and escaped the curse like Emma, if the trunk was made of the same wood as him. I looked at his picture and August and didn't really see any similarities as August and Baelfire. Pinocchio looks like he got more of a light reddish brown hair and his skin color is too pale. August has a bigger similarity with Baelfire, the shaggy brown hair,skin color are close, and facial features are close to one other. It makes more sense. There are other people that claim that he could be the writer of the fairy tale characters, seeing that he's a writer. I highly doubt that he could be the writer, that wouldn't make sense in the series and I don't think that the writers of the show would want to add something like to the show, it won't be as "shocking" than if he was one of the fairy characters that escaped. It will leave the viewers wondering on how he escape than that he wrote the characters, it wouldn't make much sense to put that in the series. That will draw the audience away and may create some debate. Anyway, I think there is a possibility that he could be Rumpelstiltskin's son. There's too much similarities and that he is very interested in Rumpelstiltskin. Hopefully we'll find out in the upcoming episode, guessing and making theories is making my head hurt.

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 am

Oh my word. afcutie, I just saw the preview for the season finale and it is in four weeks. I can't wait! :>

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate

Postby afcutie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Wait..... The finale is in four week? Why? :scared: It can't be. Where did you saw the preview?

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 pm

When I saw the preview for this Sunday's episode. It said the season finale is in four weeks. Now three and a half. I really hope there's another season. :(

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate

Postby afcutie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 pm

I saw the preview today, it looks really good. I can't believe that it's almost ending :( My guess though is that they are most likely going to end it on a narrow cliff. Seeing how they end the regular episodes, this one is more likely going to be worst, I can feel it and I'm starting to dread it....

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 am

There might be another season though. This is only Season One after all. :)

Spoiler:
Best Journal Writer
The Sensible One
Most Devoted to AFC
and Always in the Know.

Return to “TV”