Maximum Ride

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue
AFC Fan Fiction Name: bluesunrise

Re: Maximum Ride

Postby bluesunrise » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:34 am

The first three books were great, but it started going down hill with four. I still haven't read Fang yet, and in all honesty, I'm not quite sure I want to from all the stuff I've heard about it. When I first read the series and Jeb said Max was going to have to save the world, I thought it was going to be from some evil person trying to either take over or destroy the planet, but Global Warming? Yeah right. I'm not into that type of stuff and it really annoyed me.

The Doctor/Rose=BEST SHIP EVER!

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm

bluesunrise wrote:The first three books were great, but it started going down hill with four. I still haven't read Fang yet, and in all honesty, I'm not quite sure I want to from all the stuff I've heard about it. When I first read the series and Jeb said Max was going to have to save the world, I thought it was going to be from some evil person trying to either take over or destroy the planet, but Global Warming? Yeah right. I'm not into that type of stuff and it really annoyed me.

To be honest, there's not a lot of recent series that you can read with them forcing the three R's down your throat. But I think you should read Fang anyway, as personally it's my favourite MR book of the lot. The pace seems a lot better, and the plot easier to remember.
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:37 pm

ILiveForTheDay wrote:
bluesunrise wrote:The first three books were great, but it started going down hill with four. I still haven't read Fang yet, and in all honesty, I'm not quite sure I want to from all the stuff I've heard about it. When I first read the series and Jeb said Max was going to have to save the world, I thought it was going to be from some evil person trying to either take over or destroy the planet, but Global Warming? Yeah right. I'm not into that type of stuff and it really annoyed me.

To be honest, there's not a lot of recent series that you can read with them forcing the three R's down your throat. But I think you should read Fang anyway, as personally it's my favourite MR book of the lot. The pace seems a lot better, and the plot easier to remember.

Yeah, you should definitely read FANG. I didn't know you actually liked FANG ILive? That makes me happy! :laughing:
But yeah, it was good. And the whole recycle thing was pretty much only mentioned in the fourth book, and then they just kind of drop it after that. I think the whole "save the world" thing was referring to the Erasers and Itex and all that (not Global Warming), but after the third book, that stops for a while, but it sort of gets back to it in FANG, and it sounds like the next one will be going along with it too. I think they're starting to focus on the whole genetic engineering thing more closely.

But still, FANG was good (and annoying), but I'll try not to tell you about it, unless you've already heard.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Okay, I guess I'll give Fang a try. I really haven't heard all that much about what happens in it, but several people told me it was worse than Max. Well, everyone has their own opinion I guess. I have to say, Angel is getting very creepy! I think Patterson should just kill her off.

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm

bluesunrise wrote:Okay, I guess I'll give Fang a try. I really haven't heard all that much about what happens in it, but several people told me it was worse than Max. Well, everyone has their own opinion I guess. I have to say, Angel is getting very creepy! I think Patterson should just kill her off.

HERE, HERE.
I heard that the next book's gonna be called Angel, so hopefully it'll be the last book with her in it. I mean c'mon Patterson, what about Iggy? For about 2 pages there was some Ella/Iggy romance going on and then they both vanish (I know Iggy's there, he just doesn't seem to do anything)
Although with Angel, when we got to see inside her head at the end of Fang, she didn't really seem as bad.
Spoiler:
Though her Voice creeps me out. It somehow manages to be even weirder than her.

It's ALIVE.

Palagrin
Mud Man
Real First Name: Rhys

Postby Palagrin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

FANG is an improvement, but it still doesn't match the awesomeness of the first three.
ThirstforFiction || Recent Reviews: Angel's Fury | Divergent | An Act of Love | Long Reach

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 pm

This series kind of disappointed me. Because the first book was called "The Angel Experiment," I expected it to be about them preventing the apocalypse or something. But instead, it turned into this whole environmentalism thing that just wasn't very good. The fourth book was too short, and the villain was very cheesy - the Uber Director? Really? - and Max has started annoying me. Adults are smart, too, y'know... I haven't read the most recent one, but I don't really care to. I prefer reading the manga.

Angel is very creepy, but that's why I like her! I love adorable, creepy little girls.

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:17 am

ILiveForTheDay wrote:
bluesunrise wrote:Okay, I guess I'll give Fang a try. I really haven't heard all that much about what happens in it, but several people told me it was worse than Max. Well, everyone has their own opinion I guess. I have to say, Angel is getting very creepy! I think Patterson should just kill her off.

HERE, HERE.
I heard that the next book's gonna be called Angel, so hopefully it'll be the last book with her in it. I mean c'mon Patterson, what about Iggy? For about 2 pages there was some Ella/Iggy romance going on and then they both vanish (I know Iggy's there, he just doesn't seem to do anything)
Although with Angel, when we got to see inside her head at the end of Fang, she didn't really seem as bad.
Spoiler:

Yay! Another Iggy fan! Better, another Iggy/Ella fan! I salute you, ILiveForTheDay! :laughing:

Well, he's apparently (I can remember where I heard it) going for a twelve-book epic saga, in which case after book seven, Angel, there's still time for Iggy, Gazzy, Nudge and then two books with some sort of apocalyptic titles. :laughing:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Cat Moon wrote:
ILiveForTheDay wrote:

HERE, HERE.
Spoiler:

Yay! Another Iggy fan! Better, another Iggy/Ella fan! I salute you, ILiveForTheDay! :laughing:

Well, he's apparently (I can remember where I heard it) going for a twelve-book epic saga, in which case after book seven, Angel, there's still time for Iggy, Gazzy, Nudge and then two books with some sort of apocalyptic titles. :laughing:

Finally! I though I was the only one who even had considered Iggy/Ella. I just loved the thing they had going on.

And 12 books. . .That takes some dedication.

It's ALIVE.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:56 am

I know! I used to say, 'Iggy/Ella!' and everyone just stared at me like I was crazy. :laughing: It's nice to know other people ship it.

I think it was in Book...3? :eyeroll: Maybe 2...where Ella's all comforting to Iggy instead of any of the others.

It really seemed that Patterson was setting those two up...and then after those two or so paragraphs, we never heard anything of it again - I don't think Iggy and Ella have even seen each other since... :(

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:53 pm

I've always liked Iggy/Ella too! My brother actually pointed it out to me...which is a little weird...but it is so good! And yeah it was book 3 I think when they met. Iggy totally needs some love, especially since he's been really depressed lately. (Seriously, I feel like he's on the verge of suicide or something...)

Yes, yes he should. Thank you for supporting that. 8)

Yes, the next one is called ANGEL, which was annoying at first because of course everyone wanted him to go in order...but whatever. They're just doing Angel because she's the third most important one, so hopefully she will die in this one. I doubt it though, because that's kind of morbid for a kids book.
He could have made Iggy the third most important one, but then it would be all the oldest ones as the main ones, and I kind of like the variety. As creepy as Angel is, the fact that she's only seven makes her a more interesting character. And yeah, I don't get what's with her voice. What's with any of the voices? The fact that she even has one makes it so much harder to figure out where they're coming from.

Twelve books? Yeah I think I heard that somewhere, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen. I mean, especially with what happened at the end of FANG...well actually, I guess that doesn't really matter too much...
Spoiler:
I was going to say that once Fang comes back, there really wouldn't be anymore to do, (and he must come back in the next one) but I guess they could still move on. Max and Fang should definitely get married though, right after he comes back, so then the next books would have them married...which I don't actually mind. I think it could work. Either that or they would just get back together, and then get married in the 12th one, but that seems too far away. I don't know, I just think it would be so cute for them to refer to each other as married (husband and wife) to people as they go about saving the world in whichever book comes after it. :P Either way, they will be married! You will see!

I feel like I'm really babbling...
I would definitely read all twelve books, and that would be pretty awesome if they just kept coming out like that. Actually, now that i think about it, if they did the next three (after ANGEL) as Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy, with each one focusing on their corresponding characters, then they couldn't just end the series on a random Gazzy storyline or whatever, so they would have to have one (or two) more to wrap everything up.
ImageImage Image

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

bluesunrise
Bubbly Queen of Blue

Postby bluesunrise » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 am

I just finished reading Fang. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I like it better than th eprevious two books, but I'm kinda disappointed that Fang left. At the same time, though, I like Dylan. He's interesting and I feel sorry for the poor guy. I'm not sure who I'd prefer Max to be with. Fang or Dylan? It's a tough call. Angel, just plain creeped me out...again! She is getting way too powerful and controlling. Will someone please just shot her and kill her off once and for all?

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:33 pm

bluesunrise wrote:I just finished reading Fang. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I like it better than th eprevious two books, but I'm kinda disappointed that Fang left. At the same time, though, I like Dylan. He's interesting and I feel sorry for the poor guy. I'm not sure who I'd prefer Max to be with. Fang or Dylan? It's a tough call. Angel, just plain creeped me out...again! She is getting way too powerful and controlling. Will someone please just shot her and kill her off once and for all?

Spoiler:
I don't like Dylan. If it wasn't his too-perfectness, it was the way he pretend-commited suicide near the end. To me that signals 'MENTALLY UNHINGED' loud and clear.

But I agree with you on Angel. That kid just keeps getting creepier and creepier.

It's ALIVE.

Cat Moon
Commander

Postby Cat Moon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Meh, Angel annoys me. She's too smart for a seven-year-old. :blush:

I wanted him to go in order as well, but I'm not that fussed that he's not. But if Patterson goes for a seven-book-saga, which is the next 'rounded' number to stop at, and ends at Angel, I will be upset, because if Angel gets a book named after her then Iggy, Gazzy and Nudge should too. :laughing:

Wow, I just had a weird thought - what would happen if Iggy turned dark? That'd be so freaky. Of all of the Flock, I can't help feeling that he's the most on edge, and most likely to 'join the Dark side', as it were. Evil!Iggy...that would be so weird...in a kind of cool way. :shiny:

~Moist von Lipwig

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Cat Moon wrote:Meh, Angel annoys me. She's too smart for a seven-year-old. :blush:

I wanted him to go in order as well, but I'm not that fussed that he's not. But if Patterson goes for a seven-book-saga, which is the next 'rounded' number to stop at, and ends at Angel, I will be upset, because if Angel gets a book named after her then Iggy, Gazzy and Nudge should too. :laughing:

Wow, I just had a weird thought - what would happen if Iggy turned dark? That'd be so freaky. Of all of the Flock, I can't help feeling that he's the most on edge, and most likely to 'join the Dark side', as it were. Evil!Iggy...that would be so weird...in a kind of cool way. :shiny:

I think that would be a pretty cool twist (much as I love Iggy) And I do think it'd be possible - doesn't the dark side offer sight for him?

Personally I think that would be pretty hard to refuse.

It's ALIVE.

Return to “Literature”